The Student Room Group

Calling all first year medical student at Keele!

I have confirmed my place at Keele for medicine however I'm taking a gap year but want to be able to keep some knowledge fresh and keep learning. Therefore i was wondering if anyone could let me know what textbooks are needed for the first year! any suggestions welcome - Thanks!
Hi
I am applying go keele this year and was wondering how you went about filling in the r and r form. Thanks
Reply 2
Original post by tangled23
Hi
I am applying go keele this year and was wondering how you went about filling in the r and r form. Thanks

I just filled it out with the experiences I did. It's pretty straight forward? Have a look at the gmc qualities of a doctor and see if you can think of an instance where you have showed one of these qualities and then apply it to the questions. Hope this helps and best of luck!😄
Original post by lilly24
I just filled it out with the experiences I did. It's pretty straight forward? Have a look at the gmc qualities of a doctor and see if you can think of an instance where you have showed one of these qualities and then apply it to the questions. Hope this helps and best of luck!😄

can someone tell me what keeles like for med? the area, teachers, workload etc :smile:
Original post by lilly24

Thanks for the reply! What type of experince did you mention? I do volunteering at a hospital and I am a young leader at SEN Scouts, St John's ambulance cadet and medsoc president. Are these the types of 'work experience's to include?' Or do I need to include hospital work experince ie shadowing? Thanks!
Reply 5
Thanks for the reply! What type of experince did you mention? I do volunteering at a hospital and I am a young leader at SEN Scouts, St John's ambulance cadet and medsoc president. Are these the types of 'work experience's to include?' Or do I need to include hospital work experince ie shadowing? Thanks!

That's all fantastic! Looks like you've been keeping busy! Try and show all varieties of your experiences, reflect on what you learnt from each or how it helped you to develop as a potential health care professional. Keele look at this ALOT so really put a lot of effort into it. It's important to demonstrate that you have really tried to expose yourself to the sort of situations you will be faced with or that are relevent to a career in medicine. If you can - make your experiences medical related (this is not essential). Really read the questions and figure out exactly what they might be wanting to hear before you answer. On my form I had hospital work experience, various volunteer work, a trip to Tanzania to work in hospitals and my job as a health care assistant in a nursing home. Are you applying for 2017 entry?
Original post by lilly24
That's all fantastic! Looks like you've been keeping busy! Try and show all varieties of your experiences, reflect on what you learnt from each or how it helped you to develop as a potential health care professional. Keele look at this ALOT so really put a lot of effort into it. It's important to demonstrate that you have really tried to expose yourself to the sort of situations you will be faced with or that are relevent to a career in medicine. If you can - make your experiences medical related (this is not essential). Really read the questions and figure out exactly what they might be wanting to hear before you answer. On my form I had hospital work experience, various volunteer work, a trip to Tanzania to work in hospitals and my job as a health care assistant in a nursing home. Are you applying for 2017 entry?

This is extremely helpful thank you! Yes I m applying for 2017 entry. Are you currently on a gap year or started keele this year?
Reply 7
This is extremely helpful thank you! Yes I m applying for 2017 entry. Are you currently on a gap year or started keele this year?

Glad I could help! I'm on my gap year at the moment, so who knows, I could be seeing you next September! Good luck
Original post by lilly24
Glad I could help! I'm on my gap year at the moment, so who knows, I could be seeing you next September! Good luck

Thank you hope you have a great gap year! x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending