The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AJP98
Oh wow that's crazy! I don't think I'm getting any offers tbh, it's taking ages...

I'm the same... Still waiting... Let me know how you get on though cause our offers may come through at the same time!

EDIT: I clicked your profile, and no way you also go to a boarding school... I do too... This is scarily weird
(edited 7 years ago)
Anyone received offers for MEng Computer Science at Bristol/Warwick/Durham?
Original post by cloudinthesky
Wow that's fabulous my daughter only got conditional but as she got the Oxford exam it's all about waiting but it's nice to have the offers.
Are you going to firm it must be very tempting
Oooops we missed the bit both are unconditional

Not sure if I'm going to firm or not atm but if not it'll probably be my insurance (it's between York, Sussex and UEA so I'll see what my other two offer me first). What about your daughter?
Original post by hatcs001
Does anyone know how long Newcastle and Leeds take to reply with offers? I applied 10 days ago and already have an offer from Surrey but I'm so impatient 😂

If you read back through the thread from beginning, Newcastle was one of the fastest to respond with an offer weeks ago--I think it was the first one on this thread--but I don't think I've seen another one since then.

My daughter applied in mid-September about a week after UCAS opened for applications. Newcastle is one of her choices, too (others are Cambridge, York and Durham). She's had acknowledgments from all and a request for more info from York.

Trying not to get discouraged, but it's hard not to with all the offers whizzing by. I keep telling her it may take more time for International students and haven't seen her course have an offer yet (Archaeology), but that's just me trying to make her feel better :smile:. Not sure whether there is any truth or not. It's a little disconcerting because except for Cambridge she has met or exceeded the offer guidelines for all the unis with her AP scores. I hope her personal statement and reference are okay (she hasn't seen it). We were both really hoping for at least one really quick offer so she wouldn't have to go through the US application process beyond the crap shoot at Stanford, which she's applying to Early Restrictive Action (in by Nov. 1st and hear by Dec. 15th). She'd be happy with any of her UK choices over US schools so really hoping to hear something in the next couple of weeks.
(edited 7 years ago)
I've got three so far: warwick for aab, newcastle for aab, and birmingham which is unconditional all for philosophy
Original post by mintiess
I applied to Dundee but haven't heard anything from them besides the acknowledgement email.. What course did you apply for? :smile:

Applied on Wednesday morning and still haven't had an acknowledgement from Dundee (Medicine).
I don't mind too much, but it would be nice :lol:
Original post by notonlyme
Not sure if I'm going to firm or not atm but if not it'll probably be my insurance (it's between York, Sussex and UEA so I'll see what my other two offer me first). What about your daughter?

She's going to sit the oxford exam and see but she's happy to firm actuarial science
I got an offer from Nottingham for Economics: A*ABB
I know someone who applied for Maths at Warwick last year and got an offer a few hours later :smile:
Original post by Sarahme
I've got three so far: warwick for aab, newcastle for aab, and birmingham which is unconditional all for philosophy

Yeah! Finally seen a philosopher here. What are you currently doing in philosophy?
i got my first offer from Chester the other day, someone told me that they may have coincided it with the fact i'm at the open day this weekend? Also has anyone got an offer from UEA or Leeds Beckett yet???
Reply 1231
Original post by Xphoenix
I'm the same... Still waiting... Let me know how you get on though cause our offers may come through at the same time!

EDIT: I clicked your profile, and no way you also go to a boarding school... I do too... This is scarily weird

That's crazy! We should defo keep in contact! Where are you from?x
Original post by AJP98
That's crazy! We should defo keep in contact! Where are you from?x

I'm from England, Just outside London, and yeah defo! Yourself?
Offer from Bristol for Economics and Management. Conditional on 36 points overall with 18 at HL and 6 in HL maths
Just got an unconditional from Nottingham for English!! Weirdly they sent it at 6.02 so keep looking for offers even when it's late!!
Reply 1235
Original post by Xphoenix
I'm from England, Just outside London, and yeah defo! Yourself?

Wales:smile:
Reply 1236
Original post by charlie_rhia_x
Just got an unconditional from Nottingham for English!! Weirdly they sent it at 6.02 so keep looking for offers even when it's late!!

Oh god I'm so jealous!
Original post by AJP98
Oh god I'm so jealous!

Are you applying for English too?
Reply 1238
Original post by charlie_rhia_x
Are you applying for English too?

Yep:smile: Durham, Cambridge, Warwick, Exeter and Nottingham:smile:
Wow that's amazing! What grades did you get? I've also got an offer from Nottingham!

Latest

Trending

Trending