The Student Room Group

UKCAT for 2017 Entry to UK

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mamly042
Just click save? At the bottom of the page. That should be enough...

Oooh I see :colondollar: Thank you so much!
Anyone applying for Manchester, please advise if the non-academic form has to be as succinct as personal statement. I was thinking of pulling out examples from ps and expanding a bit more. Is the approach correct? I'm worried as I haven't started working on it yet...how long do you think it would take to work on this? I'm already so exhausted with ps...any advice please😢
Original post by d010534
Oooh I see :colondollar: Thank you so much!

No problem :smile: The whole application process is just so daunting.
Original post by helloimastudent
has anyone still not sent off their UCAS? I'm having trouble cutting down the characters ahh

i have not either.. same issue. think ill submit tomo morning
Original post by Picturesque2016
Anyone applying for Manchester, please advise if the non-academic form has to be as succinct as personal statement. I was thinking of pulling out examples from ps and expanding a bit more. Is the approach correct? I'm worried as I haven't started working on it yet...how long do you think it would take to work on this? I'm already so exhausted with ps...any advice please😢

Thats totally acceptable and thats exactly what im doing. Can i ask what are your stats?
Original post by Jackster556
Cheers for the help!!! The best of luck in your application! I'm just glad the UCAS application is over.

No problem! Thank you so much! You too x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Kantth1
Thats totally acceptable and thats exactly what im doing. Can i ask what are your stats?

How painful, haven't recovered from ps trauma!
Anyways, my stats are 6A*, 4A, 1B, 690 avg, band 3. Wbu?
Original post by michaela__
Your choices are really good! I know with Manchester they cut down 900 interviews to 600 offers so tbf there is quite a chance I could be in that 300 and it depends on if my UKCAT even meets the cut off😂. It's all one big nightmare isn't it 😂 I think Plymouth interview is quite competitive as well, not to mention difficult (ethics panel) so basically... can't wait... 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

I phoned plymouth to get the statistics for last year and its ****ing amazing if you get an interview Something like. 270 interviews 170 offers for 86 places.
Original post by Picturesque2016
How painful, haven't recovered from ps trauma!
Anyways, my stats are 6A*, 4A, 1B, 690 avg, band 3. Wbu?

Ano right 😖😖7A* 2A 1B 1C
Ukcat: 663 band 2 (ano its risky but its on the 70th percentile which was the cut off last year and the highest its ever been so hopefully ill just slip into interview stage 😊🙄)
Anyone know any good interview courses? Im just totally abysmal at them lol
so the number of seats for med students is increasing this year by 25%. Is this only for home students but international students as well?
Original post by Mathsmad123
I phoned plymouth to get the statistics for last year and its ****ing amazing if you get an interview Something like. 270 interviews 170 offers for 86 places.

You kidding 😱 that has made my night so much better, thank you 😋 I think I might need to ask some doctors for help with the ethics style questions because it's way beyond me at the minute 😂 I had to ring up Plymouth today too, I've had such a nightmare! My operation is on the 14th November and they hold interviews end of November. Thankfully they said I could have an interview in February with my circumstances and it wouldn't disadvantage me at all! But it was a nightmare when I first realised 😭

Posted from TSR Mobile
You kidding 😱 that has made my night so much better, thank you 😋 I think I might need to ask some doctors for help with the ethics style questions because it's way beyond me at the minute 😂 I had to ring up Plymouth today too, I've had such a nightmare! My operation is on the 14th November and they hold interviews end of November. Thankfully they said I could have an interview in February with my circumstances and it wouldn't disadvantage me at all! But it was a nightmare when I first realised 😭

Posted from TSR Mobile

No problem. And yeah ethics is hard, so i need to buy an ethics book as I don't have an ethical brain at all😂Oh dear, I'm glad that situation is resolved and hope your operation goes well :smile:
Luckily are the interview ratios for the unis you said are applying are all really good! Places like cardiff had last year 1500 interviews for 500 offers (according to my friend).
Original post by Mathsmad123
No problem. And yeah ethics is hard, so i need to buy an ethics book as I don't have an ethical brain at all😂Oh dear, I'm glad that situation is resolved and hope your operation goes well :smile:
Luckily are the interview ratios for the unis you said are applying are all really good! Places like cardiff had last year 1500 interviews for 500 offers (according to my friend).

It doesn't help as well that we are so young and haven't had a job inside the NHS/as a care worker etc before 😂 I borrowed a book from my hospital's library called 100 cases in clinical ethics and law, so hopefully that helps a bit.😂 just the thought of a panel interview for Plymouth terrifies me, I prefer MMI just from first glance as it gives me a chance to start over each table. I am worried about being invited for interview at Manchester and Liverpool. Manchester is risky-ish because I only have 667 and Liverpool... well I have no idea if my PS is good enough.😂 you get 20 minutes ish to talk at Plymouth interview, all about one scenario ahhh it's so scary 😂 at least I have until Feb 😏 just hope I meet plymouths cut offs as well and St George's😂 since this is my first time applying it's so scary as I have no clue what to do 😂 like you said ages ago I will Deffo try and incorporate NHS values as they are so important! And thank you, I'm aiming for a week out after my op and then back in college straight away 😂 I think I'm being a bit ambitious lmao

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by spikyphoenix
so the number of seats for med students is increasing this year by 25%. Is this only for home students but international students as well?

they will increase next year (18/19)
It doesn't help as well that we are so young and haven't had a job inside the NHS/as a care worker etc before 😂 I borrowed a book from my hospital's library called 100 cases in clinical ethics and law, so hopefully that helps a bit.😂 just the thought of a panel interview for Plymouth terrifies me, I prefer MMI just from first glance as it gives me a chance to start over each table. I am worried about being invited for interview at Manchester and Liverpool. Manchester is risky-ish because I only have 667 and Liverpool... well I have no idea if my PS is good enough.😂 you get 20 minutes ish to talk at Plymouth interview, all about one scenario ahhh it's so scary 😂 at least I have until Feb 😏 just hope I meet plymouths cut offs as well and St George's😂 since this is my first time applying it's so scary as I have no clue what to do 😂 like you said ages ago I will Deffo try and incorporate NHS values as they are so important! And thank you, I'm aiming for a week out after my op and then back in college straight away 😂 I think I'm being a bit ambitious lmao

Posted from TSR Mobile

In currently doing my undergrad at a Plymouth and applying for the 4 year course at the moment. They've given us all help with interviews by giving us mock ones, including the ethical scenario and it really isn't that bad. Obviously as a mock there was no pressure but the ethical scenario isn't too difficult, you're given time before the start to think about it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sean0219
In currently doing my undergrad at a Plymouth and applying for the 4 year course at the moment. They've given us all help with interviews by giving us mock ones, including the ethical scenario and it really isn't that bad. Obviously as a mock there was no pressure but the ethical scenario isn't too difficult, you're given time before the start to think about it

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know you get half an hour beforehand so I know what you mean. Just worried about how you weave everything together but I guess that comes with practice. Were the questions they gave you throughout straight forward about the scenario, or were they complex?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I know you get half an hour beforehand so I know what you mean. Just worried about how you weave everything together but I guess that comes with practice. Were the questions they gave you throughout straight forward about the scenario, or were they complex?

Posted from TSR Mobile

They were all relatively simple, but they will ask questions based on what you've said. I'd advise to do some reading of an ethical book and by the time of an interview you'll be fine. It's really not as bad as it sounds

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sean0219
They were all relatively simple, but they will ask questions based on what you've said. I'd advise to do some reading of an ethical book and by the time of an interview you'll be fine. It's really not as bad as it sounds

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's good then :smile: thank you, and I am already in the process of reading one but I think I'll go and find some more books too just to be sure 😋

Posted from TSR Mobile
That's good then :smile: thank you, and I am already in the process of reading one but I think I'll go and find some more books too just to be sure 😋

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeh probably a good idea. If you ever have any questions about Plymouth then feel free to message me

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply