The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

2017 Uni of Bristol applicants mega-thread

Scroll to see replies

I just got a conditional offer for Economics and Politics ☺️ I applied this time last week... So relieved!
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Original post by returnmigrant
Bristol doesnt look at AS levels - for any course. Your GCSE grades and your predicted/achieved A level grades are more important (ie. what level are you working at now, not a year ago).

For the majority of courses, if you do not meet the minimum requirements then your application wont be considered. Remember that Bristol make 'contextual offers' to those applying from specific low performaing state schools - follow the link from the relevant course page to find this years list - and these will be at least one grade below the standard offer.

Also, some courses will make what are called 'aspirational offers' to people who are predicted one grade below the standard requirements (for applicants from all schools).You wont know which courses these are, so if you applying with one grade below its risky, but worth a shot (make sure your other choices are more realistic).

The alternative tactic of course is not to apply this year, to work your butt off (without the distraction of 'UCAS':wink: and go for the best grades you can get, and apply with known grades next year for 2018 entry.

Hey, I applied for the Aerospace Engineering course. The contexual is AAA (Which my school falls in). I am predicted AAA. I applied, however my GCSE Grades were not strong. they were mostly Bs and a few As.

Will this restrict me alot :/ i really wanted Bristol to be my Firm. I believe i have a strong PS however for my course they dont consider it.

Its 20% GCSES 80% A levels.

Thanks,
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 162
Just got an offer for Economics and Finance (this was my last choice) for AAA.
:smile:
Original post by soooo0
Hi, it's great to finally find someone doing the same course!! I'm also applying to Durham, Southampton, York and De Montfort for Education Studies (Psychology)/ Psychology in Education/Education and Psychology. Where else are you applying?

I'm applying to York for psychology in education, edge hill for educational psychology and UEA for developmental psychology. Not sure about my 5th choice yet 😬 When are you applying?
Any CompSci applicants around who've received offers?
Original post by Someboady
Any CompSci applicants around who've received offers?

I hope we will will get our offers soon.
I applied for compsci as well when did u apply???
Original post by AOT
Just got an offer for Economics and Finance (this was my last choice) for AAA.
:smile:

What were ur predicted? And what were the entry requirements
Finally got an acknowledgement email from Bristol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by marion771
I hope we will will get our offers soon.
I applied for compsci as well when did u apply???

Applied on Tuesday, I received acknowledgment on Tuesday.

I expect mine will take slightly longer to process as I have further details and stuff but I hope I'll get an offer next week! how about you?

I expect mine will take slightly longer to process as I have further details and stuff but I hope I'll get an offer next week! how about you?

I applied wednesday, got acknowledgement on wednesday. They dont reply on weekends right.

I think next week 100%

Posted from TSR Mobile

I applied on Tuesday as well, hopefully they dont have too many compsci applications to process so we can get our offers next week.

Original post by mahmzo
I applied wednesday, got acknowledgement on wednesday. They dont reply on weekends right.

I think next week 100%

Posted from TSR Mobile

yeah no offers during weekends. What did you apply for???
Original post by marion771
I applied on Tuesday as well, hopefully they dont have too many compsci applications to process so we can get our offers next week.

yeah no offers during weekends. What did you apply for???

Aerospace Engineering. I hope its not thag competitive this year.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by mahmzo

I think next week 100%

Please remember that you could wait until MARCH for a decision....... and that it could be No.
Original post by EmilyJade1999
I'm applying to York for psychology in education, edge hill for educational psychology and UEA for developmental psychology. Not sure about my 5th choice yet 😬 When are you applying?

I think my applications going to be finished by next week but I still need my references so might not be until November 😒
Original post by soooo0
I think my applications going to be finished by next week but I still need my references so might not be until November 😒

My school doesn't send our applications till December which worries me as there are only about 20 places on the course 😬
Do any Law applicants know what the deal is with interviews? Does everyone get interviewed, or is it possible to get an offer without an interview?
Original post by LapizLazuliStar
Do any Law applicants know what the deal is with interviews? Does everyone get interviewed, or is it possible to get an offer without an interview?

Only mature applicants get interviewed for Law. [And no offers will be made until LNAT essays are processed.]
Original post by EmilyJade1999
My school doesn't send our applications till December which worries me as there are only about 20 places on the course

Universities do not 'run out of offers'. They rank applications as they come in and very gradually make offers so that all applicants are considered equally. If you apply before the Jan deadline you really do have just as much chance of an offer as someone applying in October - promise.
Original post by returnmigrant
Universities do not 'run out of offers'. They rank applications as they come in and very gradually make offers so that all applicants are considered equally. If you apply before the Jan deadline you really do have just as much chance of an offer as someone applying in October - promise.

Thats what i dont get. Bristol said they give offers in about 5 weeks. How about those who send it later???
Original post by mahmzo
Bristol said they give offers in about 5 weeks.

Who said, and in what context?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending