The Student Room Group

Graduate Entry Medicine 2017

Scroll to see replies

I didn't put my AS levels separately...assumed since they're encompassed in the final A Level grade it would be fine.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Member1995
Ah I see, I was like that but I think I'm just going to apply x

what was ur score like?
I think you stand a good chance at Warwick as your VR is way over the average so good luck with that! As for GAMSAT, did you sit that in march so you know your score or did you do it this September? I wish I sat it but I just didn't have the time and now my options are limited!

Don't be disheartened. I sound like such a hypocrite haha. I feel like I don't stand much of a chance either but we'll see. Fingers crossed for us both!

No not yet, I have inputted everything, just need to pay and send now but I keep putting it off! I think it's because I'm scared haha. Makes things more real...

Have you?

I thought Warwick wanted a VR score of above 750. Sorry I meant 700.

Good luck!

I'm scared of sending it off too. I'm just worried my PS is rubbish. I'm sick of it tho so I think I'll send it off before I go to bed.

Yeah I'm really scared of getting those acknowledgment emails haha
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Lostperson
what was ur score like?

723 :/ debating whether to risk soton :frown:
723 :/ debating whether to risk soton :frown:

same. I'm in the limbo of warwick too... really don't think 700 will cut it. saying that last year someone with an MSc and 687.5 got in.

Soton is a good choice but ill be honest...when i looks don last years thread I felt like everyone had 740 + UKCATs.

xx
is any one feeling really confused about two med schools. Warwick or Newcastle?

stats:

biomed: 2:1
MSc at oxford
700 UKCAT

Any help? or advice? xx
Original post by paniking_and_not_revising
I thought Warwick wanted a VR score of above 750. Sorry I meant 700.

Good luck!

I'm scared of sending it off too. I'm just worried my PS is rubbish. I'm sick of it tho so I think I'll send it off before I go to bed.

Yeah I'm really scared of getting those acknowledgment emails haha

Me too! I feel no way about my personal statement either. Yeah same, gonna send mine off tonight.

I thought it was just over the national average you had to be and then the lowest offer they made was with a UKCAT avg of 700.
same. I'm in the limbo of warwick too... really don't think 700 will cut it. saying that last year someone with an MSc and 687.5 got in.

Soton is a good choice but ill be honest...when i looks don last years thread I felt like everyone had 740 + UKCATs.

xx

I know, that's the thing! and then even undergrad they have limited amount of places for graduates on the BM5 course. Plus their cut off is higher too.
Last year it was 1920 for school leavers and 2100 for graduates entering the BM5 (this is converted into this years scoring system).

Argh it's so hard!

Warwick is out of the qs for me as my VR is far too low :frown:
Does anyone know if you can apply for both the graduate and standard entry course at one uni, assuming you meet the requirements. Specifically Barts?
Original post by cameron95
Does anyone know if you can apply for both the graduate and standard entry course at one uni, assuming you meet the requirements. Specifically Barts?

yes u can for BARTS - I did this last year. x
yes u can for BARTS - I did this last year. x

OK, thank you.
I know, that's the thing! and then even undergrad they have limited amount of places for graduates on the BM5 course. Plus their cut off is higher too.
Last year it was 1920 for school leavers and 2100 for graduates entering the BM5 (this is converted into this years scoring system).

Argh it's so hard!

Warwick is out of the qs for me as my VR is far too low :frown:

yeh i know... I feel like its so risky for warwick.

I have a VR score of 580...

I feel so needy at this point. haha
Me too! I feel no way about my personal statement either. Yeah same, gonna send mine off tonight.

I thought it was just over the national average you had to be and then the lowest offer they made was with a UKCAT avg of 700.

Good luck! I just sent mine off because I got no sleep last night and I definitely cannot stay up any longer haha

I'm not even sure how Warwick do it. I've heard so many conflicting things and they don't make it very clear. I wish I had gone to their open day. Anyways, my average is 686-somethingish so not too fussed about Warwick.
yeh i know... I feel like its so risky for warwick.

I have a VR score of 580...

I feel so needy at this point. haha

Still higher than average! Oh gosh don't get me started on needy. Been waiting far too long for this opportunity!
(edited 7 years ago)
Good luck! I just sent mine off because I got no sleep last night and I definitely cannot stay up any longer haha

I'm not even sure how Warwick do it. I've heard so many conflicting things and they don't make it very clear. I wish I had gone to their open day. Anyways, my average is 686-somethingish so not too fussed about Warwick.

Me too, but i'm gonna stay away. I think you've definately got a shot at WMS, your VR is good, lets just hope you're in the top 25% or whatever it is. I went to the open day actually, which is why I've been beating myself up even more haha.

Good luck, I'm about to send mine off now before I change my mind for the umpteenth time! xx
(edited 7 years ago)
Me too, but i'm gonna stay away. I think you've definately got a shot at WMS, your VR is good, lets just hope you're in the top 25% or whatever it is. I went to the open day actually, which is why I've been beating myself up even more haha.

Good luck, I'm about to send mine off now before I change my mind for the umpteenth time! xx

haha i think ill be submitting tomo x
Out of interest. Those of you applying for a100, how are you funding it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I hope I have a fighting chance. I really like Warwick and it's not too far away. Plus, Swansea has pretty shoddy transport links. Nottingham's okay and I don't know how I would afford St George's. My Mum and my brother say they'll give me money if I need it but I don't want to sponge off them.

Good luck! I kept changing it and decided I had to send it off otherwise I never would have. :biggrin:
Original post by sean0219
Out of interest. Those of you applying for a100, how are you funding it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

good question, no idea 😂😂

Maybe by doing locum in the weekend, tbh *I haven't thought about it ye, as long as I get in the rest will just work out...I believe. *
I hope I have a fighting chance. I really like Warwick and it's not too far away. Plus, Swansea has pretty shoddy transport links. Nottingham's okay and I don't know how I would afford St George's. My Mum and my brother say they'll give me money if I need it but I don't want to sponge off them.

Good luck! I kept changing it and decided I had to send it off otherwise I never would have. :biggrin:

That's like me and Soton and then I decided completely against it in the end! Good luck and let me know how you get on! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending