The Student Room Group

What do girls nowadays look for in a guy?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by WoodyMKC
Just making sure :u:

:eek: You rep whore :rofl: I never saw the gif tbh, people probably replied to the thread too quickly and it got buried :lol:

:rofl: What can I do, I wanna get my 8th gem lol
Lets rephrase this question - "What do guys nowadays look for in a girl"
Answer: a v hole.
Seriously though, girls are weak and delicate souls who just want affection and children no matter how many times you cheat on them X
Knowing more than one language is a bonus, for me anyway.
Original post by Rhaenys10
:rofl: What can I do, I wanna get my 8th gem lol

Gotta get in on the first page and post some funny **** :lol: You can do it :biggrin:

I had something clown-related happen to me tonight, decided to make a thread about it if you're interested http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=67979208&t=4361206#post67979208
It depends on the girl. You can work only with what you've got, so even if you aren't particularly good-looking, particularly tall, particularly muscular, it's no use dwelling on these facts, as ultimately the consequent feelings of insecurity may well seep out externally and limit your options further. Indeed, I don't think being muscular is a big deal, so while that aspect is changeable, as opposed to height and looks, it's probably not really worth it - honestly it might even be a negative as it could be seen as Narcissistic or overcompensating.. I think the best bet is to just carry yourself with confidence, utilise any sense of humour you have (a sometimes underrated aspect of attraction), and in general be driven/goal-oriented (ambition is of course a key quality), though not to the extent that you take yourself too seriously and ignore leisure of course..
Original post by WoodyMKC
Gotta get in on the first page and post some funny **** :lol: You can do it :biggrin:

I had something clown-related happen to me tonight, decided to make a thread about it if you're interested http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=67979208&t=4361206#post67979208

I've noticed that I get repped a lot easier when I'm thinking about it :rofl: A stupid comment on the accidental penetration (lol) thread, for the instance, got me more reps than I ever expected :rofl: (Okay, now I actually sound like a rep whore)

Shameless self promotion. You remind me of someone else on TSR right now :rofl:
Original post by Rhaenys10
I've noticed that I get repped a lot easier when I'm thinking about it :rofl: A stupid comment on the accidental penetration (lol) thread, for the instance, got me more reps than I ever expected :rofl: (Okay, now I actually sound like a rep whore)

Shameless self promotion. You remind me of someone else on TSR right now :rofl:

Yeah, sometimes I'm just in a funny mood and I get on a role :lol: A lot of the time it's just one post that gets repped the **** out of.

Ano :colondollar:
unfortunately looks is most important to girls.

money usually doesn't matter that much to girls.
well i'm not too sure about that actually as i notice most black women who show interest tend to give the spanish inquisition regarding your employment....

what's that all about?
gold digging? ...or did kanye get it right..

personality matters far less than girls tend to claim.

The hot girls you sometimes see with unattractive guys didn't meet them on Tinder or pof [where girls are the most focused on looks], they didn't meet them at the club/bar either...they met through work/school or friends of friends ....and the guy just eventually "grew" on them. It wasn't that he has some kind of "extraordinary" personality.

I will honestly admit that looks matters a fair amount to me when choosing a partner, but even in the past I have found myself sometimes seriously considering one or two girls in my social group who were not really on my radar when I initially met them. It wasn't their personalities that did it either, ...simply after a lot of exposure they sorta "grew" on me.
Yeh ok even tho u didn't ask me
Original post by Precious Illusions
I hope you're not really that lacking in confidence. I don't know you but I've seen your pics and you're good looking at least :dontknow:

Not lacking in confidence. I base my opinions on what I see, and what I see is that no girl could ever like me. Tough pill to swallow, but it is what it is. Being alone ain't so bad either. :smile:

Original post by ANM775
unfortunately looks is most important to girls.

Would it be fair to say looks that looks become less important as they age, and later on in life they tend to look more for stability, confidence, a good career etc?
Original post by FireFreezer77
Girls here always go for the guys with shocking personalities but who look good :/
Therefore thats all they care about around here!

Are you saying that because they're not "going" for you? :s-smilie:
Original post by The_Internet
There must be something I'm doing wrong
or..... The above lists are incomplete. Or I'm completely oblivious to any one liking me which is also plausible, or they think I'm gay as I have a fair few platonic friends that are girls. Who knows

I guess it'll be the weight even tho I'm told "Nah"

Weight & Height? :tongue:
DT skillz

MEG
In theory yes.

but you are probably going to be looking at 30+ women before any of this kicks in.

apparently women start to get less picky around age 30 if they are still left on the shelf. I guess this could be due to a combination of factors such as decreased market value [their prime is now behind them .. and younger women are generally more popular] , reduced chances to meet partners [lots of friends will be married or coupled up now and it's generally harder to gather the "girls" for a night out], also biological clock is now really ticking [at age 35 women experience a large drop in fertility]

however having said this, i cannot verify it for myself with personal experience as i don't often go for women my age [30ish] anymore ...as i've always found it is usually women who are a great deal younger than me that are the ones who seem open to me and girls my own age were never really that interested. Probably this is due to the fact I look a lot younger than my age.

Regarding the whole "personality" is king myth that you often see on forums. I have approached a lot of women and what I find is that personality only sometimes seems to have effect on outcome with girls who are below you in looks. I have become quite good reading people having approached so much and within the first few seconds of approaching a girl I can tell weather it has any potential to go anywhere. First I rate her attraction to me out of 5. If I do not feel she is attracted to me atleast a 4 ...then I find it never goes anywhere If she is 7 or above in looks. It doesn't matter how well I get on with her, or make her laugh, or similar interests or life experiences ...etc

when cold approaching personality seems to have no effect on outcome if the girl is 7 or above imo.

with average or below average girls sometimes [but definitely not always]personality can effect outcome. Like I have noticed sometimes having approached below average girls and these girls were attracted to me 3 or less initially and after some talking things progressed and I got a phone number or something

Spoiler

I look for an athletic body, dark hair and a defined jaw. Big hands are a plus too!
Original post by FireFreezer77
^^^
Truthful answers
Is it just looks because it seems that way
Personality means nothing around where i live
You dont have the looks, you just get laughed at in the street :frown:
So what do girls actually look for in a guy nowadays?

Ideally (because life isn't always what you expect and nobody is perfect) I'd look for someone like this.

Personality traits:

Caring
Self-sufficent
Understanding
Loyal
Reliable
Fun
Kind

Physical traits (not a requirement but a preference)

Taller than me (6ft+)
Dark hair
Not skinny (not really into skinny men) but not overweight either. Just someone healthy who looks after himself

Other traits (main):

A man with a job he enjoys/or a student with ambitions and the drive to achieve them
Healthy (non-smoker, exercises regularly)
Adventurous (not afraid of change)
(edited 7 years ago)
Comb over
Skinny jeans
Zero body hair
Occasional make up and painted finger nails
Clothes from River Island

That's about it tbh.
Original post by ANM775
In theory yes.

but you are probably going to be looking at 30+ women before any of this kicks in.

apparently women start to get less picky around age 30 if they are still left on the shelf. I guess this could be due to a combination of factors such as decreased market value [their prime is now behind them .. and younger women are generally more popular] , reduced chances to meet partners [lots of friends will be married or coupled up now and it's generally harder to gather the "girls" for a night out], also biological clock is now really ticking [at age 35 women experience a large drop in fertility]

however having said this, i cannot verify it for myself with personal experience as i don't often go for women my age [30ish] anymore ...as i've always found it is usually women who are a great deal younger than me that are the ones who seem open to me and girls my own age were never really that interested. Probably this is due to the fact I look a lot younger than my age.

Regarding the whole "personality" is king myth that you often see on forums. I have approached a lot of women and what I find is that personality only sometimes seems to have effect on outcome with girls who are below you in looks. I have become quite good reading people having approached so much and within the first few seconds of approaching a girl I can tell weather it has any potential to go anywhere. First I rate her attraction to me out of 5. If I do not feel she is attracted to me atleast a 4 ...then I find it never goes anywhere If she is 7 or above in looks. It doesn't matter how well I get on with her, or make her laugh, or similar interests or life experiences ...etc

when cold approaching personality seems to have no effect on outcome if the girl is 7 or above imo.

with average or below average girls sometimes [but definitely not always]personality can effect outcome. Like I have noticed sometimes having approached below average girls and these girls were attracted to me 3 or less initially and after some talking things progressed and I got a phone number or something

Spoiler

Totally agree with being aware of eye contact and subtle cues instead of just approaching out of nowhere. :yy:
Original post by RainbowMan
Sup

I realised there was no point posting a video lol

Spoiler

(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending