The Student Room Group

Exeter A100 2017 entry

Hi guys, thought id start a thread as couldn't find any others. What are everyone's stats?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi there,

Just sent off my application for Exeter! My stats are as follows: 3A*s predicted at A-Level, 5As at AS, 10A*s 1A at GCSE. 740 average UKCAT. Should hopefully get an interview...

What are your stats?? Hopefully we'll get a bit more activity on this forum!
Original post by HMarles
Hi there,

Just sent off my application for Exeter! My stats are as follows: 3A*s predicted at A-Level, 5As at AS, 10A*s 1A at GCSE. 740 average UKCAT. Should hopefully get an interview...

What are your stats?? Hopefully we'll get a bit more activity on this forum!

Stats are pretty much the same but predicted A*A*A so fairly concerned about that
Reply 3
Original post by The_Dragon_
Stats are pretty much the same but predicted A*A*A so fairly concerned about that

Nice, I wouldn't be too concerned if you have a pretty good UKCAT. Presumably you've done your research on the Exeter selection procedure.

Where else are you applying?
Hey I'm applying to Exeter too :smile: Predicted grades for resits: A*A*A* UKCAT 620 Band 2
Anyone else applying with resits?
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by thatcooldude2.0
Hey I'm applying to Exeter too :smile:
Stats: AABBDD at A2, Predicted for resits: A*A*A* UKCAT 620 Band 2
Anyone else applying with resits?

No offence, but did 6 A levels not seem like an unmanageable amount when you picked them?
Original post by HMarles
No offence, but did 6 A levels not seem like an unmanageable amount when you picked them?

It was hard but not unmanageable :tongue: I was keeping up ok throughout the year. In the end it was my revision not going as planned- I wasn't motivated to revise at all. Ah well nothing I can do about it now. Where are you applying btw?
Does anyone have a link to a website explaining the admissions policy for Exeter med
Reply 8
It was hard but not unmanageable :tongue: I was keeping up ok throughout the year. In the end it was my revision not going as planned- I wasn't motivated to revise at all. Ah well nothing I can do about it now. Where are you applying btw?

That's fair enough aha. Everyone suffers from boredom of revision from time to time. I've applied to Oxford, KCL and St Andrews as my other choices. Wbu?
Original post by HMarles
That's fair enough aha. Everyone suffers from boredom of revision from time to time. I've applied to Oxford, KCL and St Andrews as my other choices. Wbu?

Nice choices! I didn't have much choice really as I'm doing resits, I've applied to Bristol, Exeter, Lancaster and UEA also Imperial for 5th choice :smile: How are you finding the bmat? I need really high scores for Lancaster this year, last year I only had 3.7, 4.5 and 3.5A :colonhash:
Reply 10
Applying to Exeter :colone::wink::p:U
Reply 11
Nice choices! I didn't have much choice really as I'm doing resits, I've applied to Bristol, Exeter, Lancaster and UEA also Imperial for 5th choice :smile: How are you finding the bmat? I need really high scores for Lancaster this year, last year I only had 3.7, 4.5 and 3.5A :colonhash:

BMAT revision is tough along with all my other activity at school (rowing, EPQ, running MedSoc etc). I'm trying to do an hour or so a day, using the 600 questions book and then for the next two weeks I'll be using the 700 questions book and past papers as revision for it. Hoping for highs 6s for Oxford :/

Anyone know what the Exeter MMI circuit is like?
Original post by HMarles
BMAT revision is tough along with all my other activity at school (rowing, EPQ, running MedSoc etc). I'm trying to do an hour or so a day, using the 600 questions book and then for the next two weeks I'll be using the 700 questions book and past papers as revision for it. Hoping for highs 6s for Oxford :/

Anyone know what the Exeter MMI circuit is like?

Yeah I'm using the 600 qs book too :smile: I'm also aiming for high 6s, don't need to get that high really but it's better to aim higher anyways :u:
I had an interview at Exeter last year, we had 7 stations I think and we had some time to read the question outside of the rooms before we went in. It was just the usual questions really nothing weird. I can't remember the time we had to answer sorry. It was all pretty relaxed though, there was plenty of time to answer the question/questions. :smile:
Hey I applied to Exeter, do you reckon I'm competitive enough :
Gcse: 5A* 3A 1B(English lang) 1C( wood tech)
As: 4A's
A2 predictions: 3A*
Ukcat: 740 avg
Original post by medicapplicant
Hey I applied to Exeter, do you reckon I'm competitive enough :
Gcse: 5A* 3A 1B(English lang) 1C( wood tech)
As: 4A's
A2 predictions: 3A*
Ukcat: 740 avg

Great stats! :smile:
Reply 15
Yeah I'm using the 600 qs book too :smile: I'm also aiming for high 6s, don't need to get that high really but it's better to aim higher anyways :u:
I had an interview at Exeter last year, we had 7 stations I think and we had some time to read the question outside of the rooms before we went in. It was just the usual questions really nothing weird. I can't remember the time we had to answer sorry. It was all pretty relaxed though, there was plenty of time to answer the question/questions. :smile:

Sounds like a pretty normal MMI then. I was just wondering if they have any policies like a station ased upon the SJT on the UKCAT or the like.

Thank you!
does there tend to be a maths station in the interview?
Hey Im applying here!
Stats-
GCSE-6A*5As
As-AAAA
Predicted alevels-A*A*A* and A* EPQ.
UKCAT-620 band 1
Hopefully my UKCAT won't weaken my application too much!

Also does anyone know how they use GCSES?

Thanks
Original post by tangled23
Hey Im applying here!
Stats-
GCSE-6A*5As
As-AAAA
Predicted alevels-A*A*A* and A* EPQ.
UKCAT-620 band 1
Hopefully my UKCAT won't weaken my application too much!

Also does anyone know how they use GCSES?

Thanks

they don't, I called up the medical admissions team about that a few days ago and they said they only check gcse to see if you meet min requirement and they said that they mostly use UKCAT, AS results and A2 predictions
Original post by medicapplicant
they don't, I called up the medical admissions team about that a few days ago and they said they only check gcse to see if you meet min requirement and they said that they mostly use UKCAT, AS results and A2 predictions

thank you! I hope my ukcat doesn't hinder my application. I know they have a banding system but I'm confused as to how it works. My alevel predicted should put me in tier 1. However if tier 1 is oversubscribed do they then look at ukcat? Or is the ukcat only looked at for those in lower bands to cut down the number of applicants called for interview?
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending