The Student Room Group

History of Art - 2017 entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by bonjourhill
I've also applied for English and Art History joint honours!! Didn't think I'd find anyone who'd picked it haha

Oh wow no way!! I haven't met anyone else applying for it either! What are your choices? :smile:
Original post by MyParrotsandMe
UCL, Durham, Oxford and Edinburgh. I want at least one offer before Christmas to put me at ease but that's not how it works ://

And btw, depending on the uni you apply to, they give out offers differently. For example, if the course isn't that popular, they just give out offers as they get them. For more competitive courses, they might wait until all the applications are in, or they may stagger the offers. They wait until they have a group, give out offers to those they think are suitable, and wait until they have the next group of applications. So don't worry if you send it in a little bit closer to the deadline!

Ah okay thanks! Also I didn't think Durham did history of art?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm applying to Nottingham, York, UEA, Birmingham and Leicester :smile:
Reply 43
I'm applying to Nottingham, York, UEA, Birmingham and Leicester :smile:

Quite similar to mine then! I'm a bit gutted I didn't apply to UEA but at the same it would just be another great choice that I would have to consider haha! Which one are you thinking of firming? I'm torn between Birmingham and Sussex😬
Original post by ErinEloise
Quite similar to mine then! I'm a bit gutted I didn't apply to UEA but at the same it would just be another great choice that I would have to consider haha! Which one are you thinking of firming? I'm torn between Birmingham and Sussex😬

UEA has suchhh a good course! It might be my insurance, and I'm thinking of Nottingham 😊
Original post by LillyB14
Ah okay thanks! Also I didn't think Durham did history of art?

Oh right! Sorry, I meant that I applied to their liberal arts degree, and I'm actually applying to both history of art and arts and sciences at UCL.
Reply 46
UEA has suchhh a good course! It might be my insurance, and I'm thinking of Nottingham 😊

Thats awesome! Good luck with you're application and let me know how it goes :biggrin:
Original post by ErinEloise
Thats awesome! Good luck with you're application and let me know how it goes :biggrin:

Thanks, you too! So far I've had offers from them both and Birmingham
Oooh this is an exciting thread :biggrin: I've applied to Cambridge, UCL, Edinburgh, St Andrews and York. So far I've had an AAB offer from York and an invitation to complete a written exercise for UCL... hoping the rest all goes well!
Original post by peachykeen
Oooh this is an exciting thread :biggrin: I've applied to Cambridge, UCL, Edinburgh, St Andrews and York. So far I've had an AAB offer from York and an invitation to complete a written exercise for UCL... hoping the rest all goes well!

I've applied to Edinburgh, St. Andrews and York too :smile: Congratulations on your offer! If you don't mind me asking, what grades did you achieve for AS and when did you submit your application??
Original post by sophieaxon
I've applied to Edinburgh, St. Andrews and York too :smile: Congratulations on your offer! If you don't mind me asking, what grades did you achieve for AS and when did you submit your application??

They all have really great courses by the looks of it! For AS I got AAAA and I submitted my application on the 6th of October :smile:
They all have really great courses by the looks of it! For AS I got AAAA and I submitted my application on the 6th of October :smile:

I completely agree with you! Very impressive :wink: For AS I got AAB and I submitted my application yesterday...already I'm finding myself checking track every half an hour for updates on my applications. Fingers crossed you get offers from the rest soon!
Original post by sophieaxon
I completely agree with you! Very impressive :wink: For AS I got AAB and I submitted my application yesterday...already I'm finding myself checking track every half an hour for updates on my applications. Fingers crossed you get offers from the rest soon!

Oo how exciting! I feel like this is going to be a long few months of playing the waiting game :tongue: Good luck with your offers!

I'm working on the UCL written exercise too! I wonder if everyone gets the same questions...
I'm working on the UCL written exercise too! I wonder if everyone gets the same questions...

Probably do! It would be interesting for them to see all the different approaches
Oh right! Sorry, I meant that I applied to their liberal arts degree, and I'm actually applying to both history of art and arts and sciences at UCL.

Oh I see 👌🏻 is there much of a difference?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh I see 👌🏻 is there much of a difference?

The Arts and Sciences degree is probably the post different; you have to choose a major and a minor, one focused on the arts and one focused on the sciences. The good thing is it's way less specific than a normal degree course. You can choose to take courses in practically any department. They also teach you interdisciplinary courses that draw connections between both aspects, and that's one of the things I'm most excited about.

Liberal arts at Durham is mostly arts and humanities, but once again it allows for more freedom and you're not limited to your own department.

To be honest, I'd be happy getting into any course right now, if it means I can leave New Zealand :^_^:
The Arts and Sciences degree is probably the post different; you have to choose a major and a minor, one focused on the arts and one focused on the sciences. The good thing is it's way less specific than a normal degree course. You can choose to take courses in practically any department. They also teach you interdisciplinary courses that draw connections between both aspects, and that's one of the things I'm most excited about.

Liberal arts at Durham is mostly arts and humanities, but once again it allows for more freedom and you're not limited to your own department.

To be honest, I'd be happy getting into any course right now, if it means I can leave New Zealand :^_^:

Ah thats cool and why are you desperate to leave NZ?! I want to do a year abroad there!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ah thats cool and why are you desperate to leave NZ?! I want to do a year abroad there!

Oh no don't get me wrong! I think NZ is an awesome country for travelling in or for living in. We have a pretty laid back lifestyle and it's seriously so pretty. The thing is, I want to be somewhere more busy and vibrant, especially for my uni years, after seeing the same people all the time.

And definitely come for an exchange year! I'm sure you're going to love it. The long-haul flights are a bit of a pain though, but it'll be worth it.
Oh no don't get me wrong! I think NZ is an awesome country for travelling in or for living in. We have a pretty laid back lifestyle and it's seriously so pretty. The thing is, I want to be somewhere more busy and vibrant, especially for my uni years, after seeing the same people all the time.

And definitely come for an exchange year! I'm sure you're going to love it. The long-haul flights are a bit of a pain though, but it'll be worth it.

Ah I get you Edinburgh uni (where i want to go) is literally so far from the south coast of England where I live! Not as far as New Zealand obviously aha 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending