The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Has anyone had offers for psychology from Birmingham, Nottingham, York, Manchester or Liverpool yet?:smile:
Anyone got an offer from LSE yet? They said it would take 8 to 12 weeks for me. Got an offer from Queen Mary within 24 hrs for Actuarial Science!
Original post by Kimberlymegsx
Has anyone had offers for psychology from Birmingham, Nottingham, York, Manchester or Liverpool yet?:smile:

I got an offer for psychology from Birmingham 11 days I applied. When did you submit your UCAS?
Original post by yusraali
I got an offer for psychology from Birmingham 11 days I applied. When did you submit your UCAS?

Woo congrats! I only submitted it Friday haha I was just wondering how long I should expect to wait.
Original post by Christie_xx
Woah it sounds like everyone else's teachers are being really stingy with the predicted grades! My teachers just predicted me 4 A*s, I didn't even have to bug them about it (at least not that much :colondollar:)

But you got all Asright?
Original post by etaggart542
The advice I was given was to take a very high choice (Oxford), three high (Manchester, St Andrews, Bristol), and one middling (Queen's Belfast)... that's with AAAA at AS, and predicted A*A*A*, although I don't know if they knew the predicted grades at the time! I imagine that advice could be consistent across the board... a very aspirational choice, 3 choices which either match your grades or are a bit higher (probably bit of both, to allow for significant improvement), and a safe option!

I don't know PPE at all, so that's all I can really say :-(

Thanks! I was also advised to have 1-2 aspirational, 2 firm and at least 1 insurance uni choice. The courses I've mentioned are for the aspirational and firm choices. Im thinking of persuading my teacher to let me off with a A*AA at least. Gosh what I'd do to go back to last year and get better coursework grades.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Grace_Cong1998
I think your choices are a bit risky. Maybe you can find a university that asks for AAB? But don't worry too much, last year my friend went to UCL with AAB but her offer was AAA.:smile:
I personally adore York a lot, a very lovely place:h:

Don't worry, these aren't my 5 choices for UCAS. I'm hoping to maybe choose 3 out of these and then add a royal holloway or UEA behind them.

I'm going to ask my teacher nicely if he can change my economics from B to A, I think the reason I was predicted so low is because I never did his homework lol

Congrats to your friend! She must have written a very impressive personal statement! 🌟

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1327
how long does leeds take?
Original post by Kimberlymegsx
Woo congrats! I only submitted it Friday haha I was just wondering how long I should expect to wait.

Thank you! I usually find that unis start replying after 10 days ish (based on my experience, I'm reapplying for UCAS again in my gap year.) but don't worry, hopefully you'll get offers rolling in soon :smile:
Original post by yusraali
Thank you! I usually find that unis start replying after 10 days ish (based on my experience, I'm reapplying for UCAS again in my gap year.) but don't worry, hopefully you'll get offers rolling in soon :smile:

Thanks for letting me know! :smile:
Not sure about the others but Bournemouth gave me an offer the next day!
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
Out of these choices which ones are the quickest with offers?

Nottingham
Glasgow
Liverpool
Swansea
Bournemouth

@Princepieman
Well for me deadline is january. I am applying to study law either with foundation year or not depends. Finished my personal statement and everything, since im applying through my sixth fom. I have to wait for my form tutor to write my reference and then upload it into my application. Then the head of my sixth form to approve of my application so it can get sent off.
Cant wait for my ucas application to be sent off, so i can get offers.
Anyone got geography offer from anywhere yet?
Original post by mjbeale
Anyone got geography offer from anywhere yet?

Got an offer from Birmingham on Wednesday for Geography and German.
Original post by Nl1998
Anyone got an offer from LSE yet? They said it would take 8 to 12 weeks for me. Got an offer from Queen Mary within 24 hrs for Actuarial Science!

Congratulations! When did you submit your application and when did your offer come through? I applied last Friday and I am still waiting for a decesion.
Original post by iman305
How do you know when LNAT scores are sent, I thought it was immediately! :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

They get them on the 21st, or if you sit it after that date, 24 hours later. See: http://www.lnat.ac.uk/what-is-lnat/results/
Original post by Sarahme
I've got three so far: warwick for aab, newcastle for aab, and birmingham which is unconditional all for philosophy

That's amazing, well done! I'm so close to finishing my UCAS app and i'm applying for philosophy at all of those unis too. Seriously insane that Birmingham gave you an unconditional! May I just ask where else you're applying? and what are your predicted grades?
Reply 1337
School sent off UCAS yesterday (14/10/16) :smile: For Music. Offers TBC, will update.

Oxford
Durham
York
King's
Manchester
Still no responses :frown: sent my application a week and a half ago. I guess they also take longer to answer for students with weird alternative/international qualifications. I've got confirmations from all my unis and Birmingham sent me an email saying that my application had been reviewed by the admissions team and had now been passed onto the admissions tutors for my course. I guess it's a good thing?

I'm applying for maths and physics at UCL, Birmingham (Theoretical physics and applied maths to be precise), Exeter and Bristol and then Natural Sciences at Cambridge.
Anyone got an offer from Manchester yet? I haven't heard anything from them, not even an acknowledgement email.

I got my first offer from Nottingham for theology and religious studies yesterday, a week after sending it off - ABB or unconditional if I firm it!