The Student Room Group

Rayquaza17's Life after Uni Blog

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SM6
I get what you mean A-Level questions seem really hard and make me clueless. Yeah Michael Scofield I agree with you the last one seemed a bit dull because of the storyline. I can't wait for the new series coming out next year!

That's just because you haven't learned it yet though; it will all make sense once you have been taught it! :smile:
Original post by rayquaza17
That's just because you haven't learned it yet though; it will all make sense once you have been taught it! :smile:

Yeah I guess so. When are you going back to university?
Original post by SM6
Yeah I guess so. When are you going back to university?

September 2017 if I get a place!
September 2017 if I get a place!

Oh cool. Newcastle? Don't worry you will, you have a first class! :smile:
Hey, been a long time since I posted in here! I finally feel like it's time to update this.

First of all, I managed to graduate with a 1st! I said in my previous post I thought it would be pretty close, and I was right - I got 70.4%. I'm glad I put in so much effort in second year because that really saved my grade.

Graduation was great, even if it was on the hottest day of the year!

Since then, I really haven't been up to much! I work a couple of days a week at my part time job, and the rest of the time tbh I'm playing video games. But this is my gap year and I want to have the year off education and full time work to relax and recover from all those years of hard studying!

I am 90% sure I am applying for teacher training. Since maths is an in-demand subject, I have a personal adviser, a teacher with years of experience, who I will speak to next week to help guide me through the process. I am also going to a local-ish high school on Thursday to do some observations. I have struggled a bit trying to get some experience as people keep ignoring my emails and not following up on my phone calls. So if anyone is interested in teaching, I would recommend the Schools Education Programme as it does help you get a few days in schools.

I am hoping to do teacher training at Newcastle University, hopefully I get to do the PGCE. I think that is better suited to me than schools direct as PGCE means I get experience in two different schools and would spend more time with peers on the course. Since I haven't got any relevant experience at all tbh, I think schools direct would be a bit too much 'in the deep end' for me. :redface:

I was considering doing teacher training where my boyfriend lives (West Sussex), but we both decided it would be better for us financially if he moves up here and live with me. He was supposed to move up in January when he finished his job, but it's looking more like February/March time. :frown:

I'll update in a few weeks time when I properly start writing my application.

Ah good luck. I'm still at college - reading all of this and I'm just like... what?
But on a serious note, well done! :smile:
Awesome Read!
You should have plenty of options with a maths degree, Do you not want to go into finance?
Original post by SM6
Oh cool. Newcastle? Don't worry you will, you have a first class! :smile:

Hopefully. Thank you!

Original post by ak143244
Ah good luck. I'm still at college - reading all of this and I'm just like... what?
But on a serious note, well done! :smile:

Thank you! Good luck with college :smile:

Original post by FailedMyMocks
Awesome Read!
You should have plenty of options with a maths degree, Do you not want to go into finance?

I applied for an accountancy job last year but the day before my interview I decided I didn't want to go because I wasn't sure if I wanted to do it. The accountancy firm I applied for would have been perfect since it is based locally, but my heart wasn't in it!
How much harder would you say degree level maths is compared to A level maths + Further.

Say I got two A's. Would I find the first year quite easy?
How much harder would you say degree level maths is compared to A level maths + Further.

Say I got two A's. Would I find the first year quite easy?

First semester of first year is pretty much getting everyone up to the same speed. If you got A in Maths and Further then you should find first year manageable.
Hopefully. Thank you!

I applied for an accountancy job last year but the day before my interview I decided I didn't want to go because I wasn't sure if I wanted to do it. The accountancy firm I applied for would have been perfect since it is based locally, but my heart wasn't in it!

I think you should apply to somewhere better.
Original post by SM6
I think you should apply to somewhere better.

I don't think it matters where you study your PGCE because it's not about where you study it's about you doing well in your school placements. Newcastle is my local university and I don't want to move away.
I don't think it matters where you study your PGCE because it's not about where you study it's about you doing well in your school placements. Newcastle is my local university and I don't want to move away.

Ohh ok I understand. Good luck! I'm 100% sure you can do it! Are you only currently working right now?
Original post by SM6
Ohh ok I understand. Good luck! I'm 100% sure you can do it! Are you only currently working right now?

Yeah, part time in a call centre. Been here for 5 years now, worked here throughout my a levels and degree. Thanks for the confidence. :smile:
Yeah, part time in a call centre. Been here for 5 years now, worked here throughout my a levels and degree. Thanks for the confidence. :smile:

Ah nice! I know this might sound like a studios question but how much does it cost for a degree?
Hopefully. Thank you!

Original post by SM6
Ah nice! I know this might sound like a studios question but how much does it cost for a degree?

It's not stupid! At the moment its like £9000 a year but places are putting their fees up. But you get a student loan for this so you don't need to worry about having the money already!
It's not stupid! At the moment its like £9000 a year but places are putting their fees up. But you get a student loan for this so you don't need to worry about having the money already!

Ohh ok. Sorry I spelt stupid* wrong. I heard about that, what's the point of putting it up all the time.
Original post by SM6
Ohh ok. Sorry I spelt stupid* wrong. I heard about that, what's the point of putting it up all the time.

lol. Higher tuition fees = More money for the Universities! xD
lol. Higher tuition fees = More money for the Universities! xD

Looks like the saying of education is important for everyone doesn't mean anything.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending