The Student Room Group

Cardiac Physiology 2017 entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by angel_18
Hi,
I am also wanting to apply to cardiac physiology, but I dont know what to write in my personal statement, Also I dont know what universities to pick either for the course? Can someone offer some guidance?

Write why you want to study this degree why it interests you, write about any relevant work expeience you have done, write about any volunarty work and what skills you have goined from it and what you like to do in your spare time. Hope this helps:smile:
Reply 21
Original post by Sayfi
No im planning on sending mine next week too. Are you going to put your last option as a back up plan? I might be doing that

Yeah, think Anglia Ruskin is my back up plan because the entry requirements are BBC but the others are ABB or BBB
have you done any interview practice?
Reply 22
Original post by zoe3
Yeah, think Anglia Ruskin is my back up plan because the entry requirements are BBC but the others are ABB or BBB
have you done any interview practice?

Well i did a bit of interview practive in year 12 but other than that i havent done anything. Im really dreading the interview and i think that is what is going to get me rejected. Have you got any work experience and have you sorted you references out?
Reply 23
Original post by Sayfi
Well i did a bit of interview practive in year 12 but other than that i havent done anything. Im really dreading the interview and i think that is what is going to get me rejected. Have you got any work experience and have you sorted you references out?

Same! I get so nervous in interviews and go really red :frown: yeah I did a week of work experience in the heart centre of a hospital, it was really good and the staff gave me lots of information booklets about the heart and ecgs and other things. My references are just from my teachers, I read through them last week to check that they were okay, what do you need to sort out for your references?
Reply 24
Original post by zoe3
Same! I get so nervous in interviews and go really red :frown: yeah I did a week of work experience in the heart centre of a hospital, it was really good and the staff gave me lots of information booklets about the heart and ecgs and other things. My references are just from my teachers, I read through them last week to check that they were okay, what do you need to sort out for your references?

I have asked a few of my teachers for references, i am now waiting for my work experience and the charity shop which i volnteered in for a reference.
Reply 25
Original post by Sayfi
I have asked a few of my teachers for references, i am now waiting for my work experience and the charity shop which i volnteered in for a reference.

Oh okay, where did you do work experience?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 26
Original post by zoe3
Oh okay, where did you do work experience?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I did it at a hospital.
Reply 27
Original post by Sayfi
I did it at a hospital.

Ohh okay 😌 are you just going to apply for cardiac physiology, or are you applying to other courses?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 28
Original post by zoe3
Ohh okay 😌 are you just going to apply for cardiac physiology, or are you applying to other courses?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think im going apply for cardiac physiology but i think my final choice might be something similar like human biology im not sure yet. What about you?
Reply 29
Original post by Sayfi
I think im going apply for cardiac physiology but i think my final choice might be something similar like human biology im not sure yet. What about you?

Oh okay, I think I'm just applying for cardiac physiology

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 30
I applied today!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 31
Have you applied yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 32
Original post by Sayfi

Have you applied yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 33
Original post by zoe3
Have you applied yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile

No... i was supposed to appy before the holidays but im still waiting for my references to come from my wrok experience, their taking the mick. Congrats on applying let me know when you get a reply:biggrin:
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 34
Original post by Sayfi
No... i was supposed to appy before the holidays but im still waiting for my references to come from my wrok experience, their taking the mick. Congrats on applying let me know when you get a reply:biggrin:

Oh no that's so annoying!! I've got an interview at Anglia Ruskin on the 16th but haven't heard from anywhere else yet.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 35
Original post by zoe3
Oh no that's so annoying!! I've got an interview at Anglia Ruskin on the 16th but haven't heard from anywhere else yet.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thats really good well done! what are your predicted grades?
Reply 36
Original post by Sayfi
Thats really good well done! what are your predicted grades?

Thanks!! I'm predicted and A in biology and maths and an A* in psychology. What about you??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 37
Original post by zoe3
Thanks!! I'm predicted and A in biology and maths and an A* in psychology. What about you??

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wow those are some really good predictions! I am predicted triple D* in Applied science (double) and I.T. By the way isnt your interview a little early becuase i thought the interviews would take place next year some time?
Reply 38
Original post by Sayfi
Wow those are some really good predictions! I am predicted triple D* in Applied science (double) and I.T. By the way isnt your interview a little early becuase i thought the interviews would take place next year some time?

Wow that's good well done!! Yeah I know, I was expecting them around February/march but then I got the email saying November!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 39
Original post by zoe3
Wow that's good well done!! Yeah I know, I was expecting them around February/march but then I got the email saying November!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Cool... whats your first choice goign to be?

Quick Reply

Latest