The Student Room Group

Push/Pull/Legs 5 day split vs 6 day split

I'm currently doing a 5 day split where I train each body part every 4-5 days but I feel like it's not that different to training each body part once a week. I've been looking at the 6 day split where it's push, pull, legs, off and repeat. It seems incredibly intense and I'm not certain if I would get the appropriate rest and recovery all the time. Any advice from people who have had experience with these splits or are knowledgeable on the topic would be much appreciated.
Original post by Samii123
I've been looking at the 6 day split where it's push, pull, legs, off

Why do you want to pull your legs off :rofl: Joking.

What does your current split actually look like? I'm seriously not a fan of training more than two days in a row, anyhow. No need for it. Remember, the Central Nervous System needs to recover too, not just the muscles.
(edited 7 years ago)
Just go 3 days per week, hour lifting and get out. You'll get all the results you need and you won't be wasting tonnes of time at the gym instead of doing something better.
Reply 3
Original post by WoodyMKC
Why do you want to pull your legs off :rofl: Joking.

What does your current split actually look like? I'm seriously not a fan of training more than two days in a row, anyhow. No need for it. Remember, the Central Nervous System needs to recover too, not just the muscles.

With my current split I only ever train more than twice in a row once and that is when I finish week 2 and go back to week 1.

Week 1:
Push
Pull
Off
Legs
Off
Push
Pull

Week 2:
Off
Legs
Off
Push
Pull
Off
Legs
Original post by Samii123
With my current split I only ever train more than twice in a row once and that is when I finish week 2 and go back to week 1.

Week 1:
Push
Pull
Off
Legs
Off
Push
Pull

Week 2:
Off
Legs
Off
Push
Pull
Off
Legs

Stick with that one, seems much more sensible.
Reply 5
Original post by AlexFam
Just go 3 days per week, hour lifting and get out. You'll get all the results you need and you won't be wasting tonnes of time at the gym instead of doing something better.

I've noticed that I've had better gains and perform better when I train more frequently so maybe higher frequency is more beneficial for me personally.
Reply 6
Original post by WoodyMKC
Stick with that one, seems much more sensible.

Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest