The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

It is clear that Mourinho must have something in his United contract where he has to watch what he says during interviews and so on, his United press conferences are soo boring as compared to the ones he did at previous clubs.
Original post by Zerforax
Will take a very long time tbh. Liverpool will feel obliged to oppose it since such a sensitive topic for so many families.
Could equally occur the other way. The disaster was caused by failures of the police and of crowd control, not by safe standing or the actions of irresponsible fans. The Hillsborough disaster and the acceptance of those facts by the establishment publicly, would only truly be brought to an end when the misconceptions and myths that were purported by the establishment as cover for their own failings were laid to rest. In opposition to safe standing, you're still kind of giving them a get out when it comes to owning responsibility.
Its a disgrace that the match is on a Monday night...PL fixtures should be played on Saturday or Sunday not Fridays-Monday...

Especially such a big game which is one of the biggest games in the world, Saturday 5:30 or any time on Sunday would have been fine. Having a 8pm KO not only effects logistics but also the people who will have to travel to Liverpool presumably after work. Also the International viewers will no doubt be adversely effected.
Plus don't forget the booze-driven violence that happened in the Europa league ties. A fiercely contested derby at night time never goes well
Original post by SirAlexFerguson
Its a disgrace that the match is on a Monday night...PL fixtures should be played on Saturday or Sunday not Fridays-Monday...

Especially such a big game which is one of the biggest games in the world, Saturday 5:30 or any time on Sunday would have been fine. Having a 8pm KO not only effects logistics but also the people who will have to travel to Liverpool presumably after work. Also the International viewers will no doubt be adversely effected.

Im not a fan of Mondays, but I quite like Friday night football, although admitedly the chance of me being able to afford to go to games is precisely none. I dontnlike Monday football though, feels like an afterthought.

Im amazed the police have allowed this game to be a late kick off and I'd actually be pretty surprised if their isnt crowd issues after a whole day of drinking...

As for standing in stadiums, thats fine, but anyone who thinks that PL clubs are going to significantly reduce their ticket income is mad.
With Chelsea winning today we absolutely NEED to beat Liverpool....

We cannot lose otherwise just making top 4 will be stupidly tough. Hopefully Everton can hold City up and maybe get a draw that would make things more interesting.
Original post by trapking
With Chelsea winning today we absolutely NEED to beat Liverpool....

We cannot lose otherwise just making top 4 will be stupidly tough. Hopefully Everton can hold City up and maybe get a draw that would make things more interesting.

Exactly the same for us tbh, although since we're already 3 points clear of you, a loss wouldn't be disastrous for us.

Hell even a draw would be alright, but I'm sure the players know they have enough to win.
Original post by Lúcio
Exactly the same for us tbh, although since we're already 3 points clear of you, a loss wouldn't be disastrous for us.

Hell even a draw would be alright, but I'm sure the players know they have enough to win.

We are drifting further apart! We really should have beaten Stoke ffs

If we lose I can already see a poisonous atmosphere around Mourinho.
Original post by trapking
We are drifting further apart! We really should have beaten Stoke ffs

If we lose I can already see a poisonous atmosphere around Mourinho.

Even if you win, you have Chelsea next too.

Two losses and you're in real trouble, but let's not forget how long there is to go.
Original post by Lúcio

Two losses and you're in real trouble, but let's not forget how long there is to go.

True but I'm not confident at all because we have been the least consistent team out of the big teams.

Liverpool, Arsenal, Tottenham, Chelsea and Man City have all had pretty much consistent games whereas we have been all over the place.

Anyway i pray we can beat you guys but i wouldn't be surprised if you beat us like 3-0
Let's give Liverpool the L
Reply 3952
Honestly think you're going to get the D from Liverpool on Monday(yes I see a draw)
Original post by SirAlexFerguson

Anyone going/driving from Manchester is going to have a tough time getting there because of the athletes parade.
Lol at United fans gassing over their team at the start of the season. Klopp is going to humiliate you.
Original post by James.Carnell
Lol at United fans gassing over their team at the start of the season. Klopp is going to humiliate you.

Lol at you waiting for the Arsenal match to finish before posting this. Strong confidence in your team.
Original post by Kenan and Kel
Lol at you waiting for the Arsenal match to finish before posting this. Strong confidence in your team.

And we won. I am not going to stick my neck in and **** you off when we have not even won yet because that is ridiculous.
Original post by James.Carnell

Two words:

Tom & Ford
Original post by Dirtybit
Two words:

Tom & Ford

Who is Tom Ford? Tell me about him.
Here's our chance to close the gap to 3!

#COMEONUTD

Latest