The Student Room Group

Architecture 2017 Entry!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by JordnW
Applying for Bath, Cambridge, UCL, Manchester and Edinburgh. Predicted A in Maths, A in Art, A in Chemistry and A in EPQ. Been a week since I applied, but I haven't had any offers I've just had emails about the SAQ for Cambridge and the drawing task for UCL which is in for the 25th October for me. Should I be worried about not having any offers yet? and how are you all doing with the drawing task for UCL? I'm kind of dreading it tbh.

I know last year that most architecture offers from major russell group unis weren't until november/december tbh, with edinburgh even later
Original post by JordnW
Applying for Bath, Cambridge, UCL, Manchester and Edinburgh. Predicted A in Maths, A in Art, A in Chemistry and A in EPQ. Been a week since I applied, but I haven't had any offers I've just had emails about the SAQ for Cambridge and the drawing task for UCL which is in for the 25th October for me. Should I be worried about not having any offers yet? and how are you all doing with the drawing task for UCL? I'm kind of dreading it tbh.

I'm applying 4 of the same unis as you except Manchester!!! I applied for Cardiff instead :smile: which college did you apply for Cambridge?
Sounds like you're exactly the same as my daughter - Cambridge (Christs), UCL, Bath, Cardiff, Edinburgh? Which college did you go for?
Reply 63
Original post by JamesEvans
I know last year that most architecture offers from major russell group unis weren't until november/december tbh, with edinburgh even later

Oh right thanks, it's just really unnerving knowing people who have had offers from places like Bath and Manchester already.
Reply 64
Original post by czhang1998
I'm applying 4 of the same unis as you except Manchester!!! I applied for Cardiff instead :smile: which college did you apply for Cambridge?

Oh that's nice, I only applied to Manchester because it's where I'm from and I did a course there, that gives me a reduced offer, but I applied to Magdalene at Cambridge, which one did you apply to?
Original post by JordnW
Oh right thanks, it's just really unnerving knowing people who have had offers from places like Bath and Manchester already.

yeah i know haha but we have to remember we have applied for one of the most competitive courses out there aha
Reply 66
Original post by JamesEvans
yeah i know haha but we have to remember we have applied for one of the most competitive courses out there aha

Haha yeah that's very true.
Original post by JordnW
Haha yeah that's very true.

Such a true statement

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by JordnW
Oh that's nice, I only applied to Manchester because it's where I'm from and I did a course there, that gives me a reduced offer, but I applied to Magdalene at Cambridge, which one did you apply to?

I've applied to Trinity, hoping to get an oversea bursary/scholarship IF I get in haha
Reply 69
I've applied to Trinity, hoping to get an oversea bursary/scholarship IF I get in haha

Oh yeah I remember seeing Trinity, it looked absolutely amazing, but the living costs there were just too much.
Original post by JordnW
Oh yeah I remember seeing Trinity, it looked absolutely amazing, but the living costs there were just too much.

Really? Thought they would be generous enough to be offering lower rent rate...
Reply 71
Really? Thought they would be generous enough to be offering lower rent rate...

Well idk, at Magdalene it's about £135 a week, which was the most reasonable one that I found.
Original post by JordnW
Well idk, at Magdalene it's about £135 a week, which was the most reasonable one that I found.

That's really good! Tbh as long as it's cheaper than the London prices I'll be quite happy with it 😂
Reply 73
That's really good! Tbh as long as it's cheaper than the London prices I'll be quite happy with it 😂

Yeah I have no idea what I'm gonna do about the cost of living if I goto UCL :P
Original post by thewinelake
Sounds like you're exactly the same as my daughter - Cambridge (Christs), UCL, Bath, Cardiff, Edinburgh? Which college did you go for?

Wow that is pretty cool!! I've applied to Trinity :smile:
Original post by JordnW
Yeah I have no idea what I'm gonna do about the cost of living if I goto UCL :P

Hahaha ikr... At least you will have student loan(you are a home student right) whereas I'll need to rely on my parents bc oversea applicant :nope:
Reply 76
Hahaha ikr... At least you will have student loan(you are a home student right) whereas I'll need to rely on my parents bc oversea applicant :nope:

Haha that is true, but it's a bit crazy knowing that in my 20's I'm gonna be thousands of pounds in debt
Original post by JordnW
Haha that is true, but it's a bit crazy knowing that in my 20's I'm gonna be thousands of pounds in debt

Yhhhh true dat 😂Hopefully we can both get some kind of scholarships
Heya!

You've applied to 3 of the same unis as me(Bath, Cambridge and Nottingham)! I've also applied for Cardiff and Reading.
In an ideal world I'd get into Bath or Cambridge but my insurance is Nottingham (I've applied for unis with such high requirements as I already have my grades). Have you already been asked for a portfolio from Nottingham? I have and it's a bit of a nightmare as I also have the SAQ to complete *internally screaming*... so I'm just here procrastinating right now....

Good luck!
Yeah, I've received note from Nottingham to submit a portfolio! I'm sending my SAQ off next week! Which college did you apply to? I applied to Robinson😊

Thank you so much, you too!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending