The Student Room Group

Was there a time when an A level subject you wanted to pursue, put you off?

Was there a subject at a level that almost put you off for studying it at degree level?
(edited 7 years ago)
One of my A Levels actually did put me off studying it at degree level, but I think that was a good thing as it has saved me a lot of stress. I initially wanted to study a degree in Geology and Physical Geography, and I applied for a few, however after finding A Level Geography really difficult, I decided to take a gap year and just do a Geology degree (the one I'm doing is called Geoscience) instead, and I definitely think that was the right decision :smile:
Original post by MajorFader
Was there a subject at a level that almost put you off for studying it at degree level?

I liked geography at gcse so I wanted to study it at A level but that was a completely different story. Although I knew quite a lot of content I just didn't know how to write essays, for me I found geography harder than maths.
Reply 3
Original post by Raizelcadres
I liked geography at gcse so I wanted to study it at A level but that was a completely different story. Although I knew quite a lot of content I just didn't know how to write essays, for me I found geography harder than maths.

What was your third option?
Original post by MajorFader
What was your third option?

Chemistry.

Quick Reply

Latest