The Student Room Group

Oxford 2017 Reapplicants

Scroll to see replies

1. Course applying to: Arabic and Islamic studies, last year I applied for modern languages
2. College applied to last year: Christ Church
3. College this year: trying to decide between Pembroke, Balliol, or St. Johns (any advice??)
4. What I'm doing this year: finishing my first undergraduate degree in politics, so by the time this course starts I'll already have graduated :biggrin:
Original post by scblx
1. PPE
2. Merton College (didn't really think about it, was quite spontaneous - now I wish I would have thought about it more, but yeah. Had never been to Oxford before the interviews last year..)
3. Currently trying to decide between St. John's, Lincoln and Univ which I all visited and liked :-)
4. I am going to go to uni in my home country and start Politics & Econ here while reapplying - for several reasons I can't really do a gap year and I am also trying to be on the safe side.. Though I may also change to the UK if I get into another good uni, as I want to do PPE much more than P&E and I figured that I am young enough, finishing school at 17 :-)

If you don't mind, what did you get in the TSA the first time round?
Reply 42
Original post by will_cash
If you don't mind, what did you get in the TSA the first time round?

64.3 I think :smile:
Quite unfortunate though, I did a lot better while practising.. But I also know people who got rejected with 70+ so yeah.. Probably there are also people who got in with the exact the same score as me.
Reply 43
Applied for Law last year
Open application, got put in Lady Margret Hall
Applying for PPE this year
Applying to Univ this year
Gap year plans - Doing maths A-levels, Working in Albania at an NGO and shadowing a politician, hopefully work in London for a while too.
I am also international, from Nigeria.
Reply 44
Original post by Moex
Applied for Law last year
Open application, got put in Lady Margret Hall
Applying for PPE this year
Applying to Univ this year
Gap year plans - Doing maths A-levels, Working in Albania at an NGO and shadowing a politician, hopefully work in London for a while too.
I am also international, from Nigeria.

Good luck with your application!
I am also applying for PPE at Univ :smile:
Reply 45
Aha ! How are you finding the TSA?
1. Philosophy and French
2. Applied for English and French at Brasenose. On reflection, that was a bad decision...was totally overwhelmed by all the colleges at the open day, so basically shut my eyes and pointed at the list :s-smilie:
3. Lincoln this year! Wanted Univ but they don't offer my course; Lincoln is essentially Univ but smaller haha
4. Working in France as an au pair because French, hopefully won't completely forget how to speak it in the interview this time... plus A level Further Maths if I can fit it in. How are people prepping for the MLAT philosophy bit?! Just...think deep stuff and write about it...?
Reply 47
1. English
2. Hertford—got an interview then got held for two extra days for pooling but eventually didn't get in (obviously).
3. St. Edmund Hall (applying there for the creative writing)
4. Working at an ad agency at the moment, but also doing a lot of work for the European Youth Parliament. Reading a lot, probably will travel later on next year.
Reply 48
Original post by JGFLynch
1. English
2. Hertford—got an interview then got held for two extra days for pooling but eventually didn't get in (obviously).
3. St. Edmund Hall (applying there for the creative writing)
4. Working at an ad agency at the moment, but also doing a lot of work for the European Youth Parliament. Reading a lot, probably will travel later on next year.

Oh nice ! What kind of work for the European Youth Parliament, just out of curiosity ?
Reply 49
Original post by Moex
Oh nice ! What kind of work for the European Youth Parliament, just out of curiosity ?

I'm the communications coordinator for the UK and I'm also attending loads of sessions around Europe :smile:
Reply 50
Original post by JGFLynch
I'm the communications coordinator for the UK and I'm also attending loads of sessions around Europe :smile:

That's really good experience !
Hey!

To anyone, who is reapplying while at another university: how did you put your current institution down in the education section of UCAS? I tried to enter my current university as another centre, but it wouldn't allow me to select a graduation date past 2017.
Reply 52
Original post by Diraculous
Hey!

To anyone, who is reapplying while at another university: how did you put your current institution down in the education section of UCAS? I tried to enter my current university as another centre, but it wouldn't allow me to select a graduation date past 2017.

I selected "no qualification" and gave the date I expect to finish in case I get into uni in the uk :smile:
Original post by scblx
I selected "no qualification" and gave the date I expect to finish in case I get into uni in the uk :smile:

I've done the same. :wink: Thank you! Good luck with your app.
Reply 54
Hi!

Just wondering if anyone could help me out here. On UCAS apply, UCAS seems to have assigned me a new UCAS ID however when they emailed me the track details they have used the UCAS ID from last year. As I had already booked for the BMAT way before I sent off my application I had given the open centre the UCAS ID that apply gave me initially and now I am a little stuck as to what I am supposed to do :confused: Will the results still be communicated correctly to the universities or do I need to ask the centre to change my UCAS ID :confused::confused: Can the two ID's be possibly linked?
Hi fellow reapplicants, any interviews?

I've got an interview and am travelling to Oxford tomorrow.
Reply 56
Original post by beckygoodhair

I also have an interview :smile: which college will you interview at?
Original post by beckygoodhair

Yes, I'm at Magdalen for PPE interviews.
Original post by 9dobbo1
Yes, I'm at Magdalen for PPE interviews.

Anyone get an offer

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending