The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE 2017 Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by gmahapatra
Awesome! I'm Cambridge, UCL, Warwick and Durham :smile: what college at Cam?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Caius, and you? We have a lot of the same unis.
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Original post by ♥Samantha♥
Caius, and you? We have a lot of the same unis.

I know! With any luck we'll get in too :smile: I've applied to Trinity, I really liked Caius' culture - it seems very tight knit, and the accommodation is crazily good.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 262
Applied for Bsc Actuarial Science on Thursday. Email said decision would take 8 to 12 weeks. Anyone else applying for this course?
Original post by domaths
Anyone revieved anything since filling in the UMS survey? For straight Economics in particular too?

I applied on Monday, but they haven't asked for my UMS yet. It might be because they have all my data in their system already from last year.

How many days after applying did they ask you for it?
Original post by Fbiemad
I applied on Monday, but they haven't asked for my UMS yet. It might be because they have all my data in their system already from last year.

How many days after applying did they ask you for it?

Original post by domaths
I applied on October 5th and got an acknowledgement on the 10th

I got the UMS survey a few hours after the acknowledgement, between that they emailed me saying my application was in the initial assessment
Original post by domaths
I got the UMS survey a few hours after the acknowledgement, between that they emailed me saying my application was in the initial assessment

Ok thanks :smile:
Reply 266
Hey all! I am applying for Mathematics with Economics at LSE and am curring doin IB. I am predicted 42 points and AA in TOK and Extended Essay (A is the highest mark) My GCSEs are 2A* 3A 5B and 1 C
What are my chances of getting in??
I'm applying for straight economics and I've received an acknowledgement of my application but no request for my UMS. Is this normal?
Original post by iKali
Hey all! I am applying for Mathematics with Economics at LSE and am curring doin IB. I am predicted 42 points and AA in TOK and Extended Essay (A is the highest mark) My GCSEs are 2A* 3A 5B and 1 C
What are my chances of getting in??

What are the Bs and Cs in, and 42 is one of the top marks for IB right? I'd say your odds are good

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by apple1075
I'm applying for straight economics and I've received an acknowledgement of my application but no request for my UMS. Is this normal?

I'm the same as you, nobody has asked for my UMS other than cambridge

Posted from TSR Mobile

What are your grades like?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by JP0458B

Posted from TSR Mobile

Which course are you applying for?
Original post by JP0458B

Posted from TSR Mobile

11 A*GCSE
4 A at AS
Predicted 4 A*
:/
11 A*GCSE
4 A at AS
Predicted 4 A*

Why the ":/" lmao?
Original post by DarkEnergy
Why the ":/" lmao?

Expresses how nervous i am lol
11 A*GCSE
4 A at AS
Predicted 4 A*

What A-Levels? (And what % or UMS if you dont mind) :smile:
Soon we will all receive a 2-week email if they are using the same process as last year.
Original post by Fbiemad
What A-Levels? (And what % or UMS if you dont mind) :smile:

Maths, Further Maths, Economics and History. My maths UMS were all 90+ apart from C1 which was 78. I didn't turn over to see the last ten marks :frown:

Original post by gmahapatra
I'm the same as you, nobody has asked for my UMS other than cambridge

Posted from TSR Mobile

They will send you an email saying your application is an initial assessment before you get asked for UMS, well that's what happened to me. My acknowledgement and initial assessment email were quite close together but probably because I applied early
Guys do you have any idea about the competition for bsc finance at lse and also the expected size of the batch?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending