The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Actually think Liverpool will choke hard tomorrow.
Original post by James.Carnell

I wouldn't bet on it since the game is on Monday...
Original post by Lúcio
I wouldn't bet on it since the game is on Monday...

****ety ****.

Daley is one cool mother****er
Original post by Kenan and Kel
Daley is one cool mother****er

I see your Blind and raise you one Karius...

ImageUploadedByStudent Room1476626130.348924.jpg
This is all getting rather homosexual...

I love it.
Do you think Glazer famiily will ever sell United? lack of investment in stadium and club off the field is starting to show.
Original post by SCIENCE :D
Do you think Glazer famiily will ever sell United? lack of investment in stadium and club off the field is starting to show.

What do you mean by this?

You can hardly say we haven't invested enough anymore as we've spent a fortune in the last few years, there has just been appalling mismanagement on so many levels. The amount of money we've wasted is infuriating.

- Falcao & Valdes' wages
- The amount of money spent on Schneiderlin, Memphis, Schweinsteiger, Rojo, Fellaini, Di Maria with little to show for it
- Giving long contracts to fringe players like Jones & Young that we're going to struggle to shift
- Rooney's contract
Original post by sr90
What do you mean by this?

You can hardly say we haven't invested enough anymore as we've spent a fortune in the last few years, there has just been appalling mismanagement on so many levels. The amount of money we've wasted is infuriating.

- Falcao & Valdes' wages
- The amount of money spent on Schneiderlin, Memphis, Schweinsteiger, Rojo, Fellaini, Di Maria with little to show for it
- Giving long contracts to fringe players like Jones & Young that we're going to struggle to shift
- Rooney's contract

This literally has nothing to do with the Stadium.

Where is the comprehension:colonhash:
I think the guy means with the Bernabeu and Nou Camp getting modernised, OT should have some plans too.
Original post by swirly
I think the guy means with the Bernabeu and Nou Camp getting modernised, OT should have some plans too.

I'd like us to expand the south stand eventually to make it just like the SAF stand, which would take our capacity to Nou Camp levels, but it's right behind a railway track which would be a pita to build over.

We still have the largest club ground in England by some distance and gate receipts are a pittance compared to broadcasting revenue. I'm sure the club has plans but I don't think it is an urgent issue. The benefits don't outweigh the costs enough for me.
(edited 7 years ago)
There is always talk of expanding the South Stand but the railway line that is there currently hampers any sort of progress, since any changes would require major investment.

I'm not entirely sure what type of investment is being implied though, exactly what investment will improve our performances? There are rumours that we're interested in lobbying the FA to allow for standing areas, and i also believe there will be some changes at OT before next season since we need to comply with the new regulations on the capacity for disabled supports.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by sr90
I'd like us to expand the south stand eventually to make it just like the SAF stand, which would take our capacity to Nou Camp levels, but it's right behind a railway track which would be a pita to build over.

We still have the largest club ground in England by some distance and gate receipts are a pittance compared to broadcasting revenue. I'm sure the club has plans but I don't think it is an urgent issue. The benefits don't outweigh the costs enough for me.

While it may be the largest club ground, it's not really the nicest is it?

Even teams like West Ham and Schalke arguably have nicer stadiums.

A club of the calibre of Manchester United should have a stadium like Bayern, or the new plans for Real or Barca.
What I mean is that the club have not invested in the stadium for a while.Also, whilst other rival clubs such as Liverpool and Man City are expanding their capacity, we will have to cut our capacity to around 72,000 for next season, in order to accommodate the new disabled seating regulations. Meaning we will no longer have that great advantage od ticket revenue which we have always had... and rely on quite heavily considering the owners never put a dollar of their own money into the club. Feels like as a club we are going backwards.
Allianz is a beauty.

Cost pennies to watch a game there too.
Original post by _Morsey_
There is always talk of expanding the South Stand but the railway line that is there currently hampers any sort of progress, since any changes would require major investment.

I'm not entirely sure what type of investment is being implied though, exactly what investment will improve our performances? There are rumours that we're interested in lobbying the FA to allow for standing areas, and i also believe there will be some changes at OT before next season since we need to comply with the new regulations on the capacity for disabled supports.

I think eventually we will extend the south stand, although I have heard rumours that it would not mirror the SAF stand, and that there would just be a second tier added, which would bring the capacity up to around 80,000, but would also give us the chance to add quadrants to joint the remainng corners up, this would bring the completed Old Trafford up to 85,000. I think this would be about right tbh, I think we would max out at 80,000-85,000 tickets. Talk of expanding old Trafford to around 95,000 is quite laughable tbh, even as a united fan.

Two words. Virgin Nonce.
Original post by Jimmy Seville
Two words. Virgin Nonce.

Thats not a nice way to talk about the Liverpool players. Jesus Jimmy.
Original post by swirly
While it may be the largest club ground, it's not really the nicest is it?

Even teams like West Ham and Schalke arguably have nicer stadiums.

A club of the calibre of Manchester United should have a stadium like Bayern, or the new plans for Real or Barca.

The interior is not that bad in my opinon (although not much leg room), it's more the exterior, especially the south stand.

Latest