London

Official imperial college london 2017 applicants

Scroll to see replies

Anyone applied for Chemistry?
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Original post by TiernanW
I've never heard of them opening applications this late. What course is it?

Msc computer science (machine learning)

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
Original post by ViralRiver
Msc computer science (machine learning)

Are you postgraduate? Because according to what I'm seeing, you need to be in order to apply for that.
Are you postgraduate? Because according to what I'm seeing, you need to be in order to apply for that.

Ahh I am. I mixed up this thread with a different one. My bad. The bane of a small screen device.
Original post by thatcooldude2.0
Anyone applied for Chemistry?

Me! Have you heard back yet?
Original post by ViralRiver
Ahh I am. I mixed up this thread with a different one. My bad. The bane of a small screen device.

Haha, don't worry about it. :tongue:
Anyways good luck with your applications, I was in your shoes a good 6 years ago or so!

Does anyone know if Imperial consider applicants if they have to resit a module to get an A* grade in Mathematics? This is for the Computing Meng course
Original post by Someboady
Does anyone know if Imperial consider applicants if they have to resit a module to get an A* grade in Mathematics? This is for the Computing Meng course

"We may also consider any applicant marginally below our standard offer (e.g. with a prediction of A in A-level Maths rather than A*). "

http://www.imperial.ac.uk/computing/prospective-students/courses/ug/beng-meng-computing/

If you are predicted an A* then you should be fine.
"We may also consider any applicant marginally below our standard offer (e.g. with a prediction of A in A-level Maths rather than A*). "

http://www.imperial.ac.uk/computing/prospective-students/courses/ug/beng-meng-computing/

If you are predicted an A* then you should be fine.

Thank you, its just one of my modules (2 MARKS) that made me miss the A*... not sure how it dropped so low but it did :frown: Eh, have you applied to Imperial yet?
Thank you, its just one of my modules (2 MARKS) that made me miss the A*... not sure how it dropped so low but it did :frown: Eh, have you applied to Imperial yet?

So you already have A-Level Maths? Did you do it in one year or are you on a gap year?

My application was sent by my school this morning. *Fingers Crossed*
So you already have A-Level Maths? Did you do it in one year or are you on a gap year?

My application was sent by my school this morning. *Fingers Crossed*

Yeah I did it in one year and unfortunately my college cash-in all grades... :L
Good Luck with your application!
Yeah I did it in one year and unfortunately my college cash-in all grades... :L
Good Luck with your application!

Well I'm not an admissions tutor, but doing that and being only 2 marks off the A* would put you in a good position in my books. :smile:

Good luck you too!
Course: Medicine
GCSE grades: 5As 5Bs
AS grades (predicted/achieved): AAA
A2 grades (predicted/achieved): A*A*A*
Extra curricular: DofE gold award, chamber choir, athletics, netball, grade 8 piano, Envision (youth outreach charity)
Other: lots of work experience. Very weak GCSEs due to extenuating circumstances, but my tutor explained this in my reference

Praying hard for this! 🙏🏾

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi guys, I hold an unconditional offer (deferred) to study physics at Imperial in 2017. If you have any questions about the application process I will be glad to help.
Original post by oShahpo
Hi guys, I hold an unconditional offer (deferred) to study physics at Imperial in 2017. If you have any questions about the application process I will be glad to help.

Ooh how did you get unconditional?

I'm also applying for physics so can you tell me what the interview was like? Was it very academic, like Oxbridge?
Hi guys I have a bit of a question, I have applied for maths at Imperial and will be doing the MAT on the 2nd November. There's not long left but unfortunately, I have not been able to prepare as I would have liked because I have had to have surgery today and these 3 weeks I been unable to focus on my studies(pain/surgery). I am not trying to make excuses as I have done some practice and I don't do well enough I know that I am just not good enough. But do you think it's worthwhile potentially emailing the mathematics department to potentially explain my issue?
Original post by h8skoooooool
Ooh how did you get unconditional?

I'm also applying for physics so can you tell me what the interview was like? Was it very academic, like Oxbridge?

I had a conditional offer but I met the grades in August this year.

The interview is nothing to be afraid of. It started off with quite simple problems, stuff like graphing very basic functions. It then jumped to a problem that was just incredibly hard to me at the time, however, looking in retrospect, the problem was just really easy and the hints I was given should have perfectly sufficed, but I just didn't get it. The interview after seeing me struggle for a bit moved on to physics from maths, he asked me a question about circular motion and it was immediately obvious to me.

In a way, I knew I could never get an offer as I literally spent like 10 minutes being flustered over a problem that wasn't too hard, but then the offer came and I was happy. So I guess they don't put huge emphasis on the interview.

The interviewer was really impressed that I read the Feynman lectures (Vol 1), and that I did some programming (Python).

That said, the interview is not as rigorous as Oxbridge's .

Oh and don't lie in your personal statement, they will ask you at least 2 questions about what you've read/done. (based on my experience, might not be the case for you).
Original post by BeatrizEstrada
Hello everyone! I am a Physics year 1 imperial student, feel free to ask me anything about the application process! Apart from that I can also tell you how imperial is, so far, and what you can expect :smile:

Hiii,

I have applied to Imperial for Medicine.
I'm really curious as to what the students at Imperial are like.This is going to sound weird but as it's a STEM university, I'm worried the students there won't be as friendly or warm... (I know, weird, I warned you)
Could you shed some light on that for me?
Original post by alfmeister
Hi guys I have a bit of a question, I have applied for maths at Imperial and will be doing the MAT on the 2nd November. There's not long left but unfortunately, I have not been able to prepare as I would have liked because I have had to have surgery today and these 3 weeks I been unable to focus on my studies(pain/surgery). I am not trying to make excuses as I have done some practice and I don't do well enough I know that I am just not good enough. But do you think it's worthwhile potentially emailing the mathematics department to potentially explain my issue?

That is a major extenuating circumstance! It's not making excuses, the pain and struggle of undergoing surgery is no joke. Maybe ask your school for advice on what to do .i.e. whether you should contact Imperial or not

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending