My VR score is 580...
over all 700

sigh.
Reply 281
Original post by Lostperson
My VR score is 580...
over all 700

sigh.

thats good.. you are above the threshold on both accounts. do you have a masters or phd? that would give you bonus points. what was your undergrad classification?
My VR score is 580...
over all 700

sigh.

I thought you had 590?

Oops! No, I see you said 580.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by MJK91
There's no guarantee, no one can tell you the exact cut-off. At 590 it's worth a punt for him.

thanks mjk <3 x
Reply 284
Day away from deadline, everyone got their applications in? When can we expect to hear from Warwick, does anyone have a rough timescale?

I feel so busy at the moment, work is chaotic and I've decided to take up job hunting, so what with applying to medicine and some other highly competitive courses my mind feels like a blur. Feeling excited about coming possibilities though :biggrin:
Original post by Brio52
Day away from deadline, everyone got their applications in? When can we expect to hear from Warwick, does anyone have a rough timescale?

I feel so busy at the moment, work is chaotic and I've decided to take up job hunting, so what with applying to medicine and some other highly competitive courses my mind feels like a blur. Feeling excited about coming possibilities though :biggrin:

still debating warwick haha. can i ask your stats?
Reply 286
2:1 degree in psychology with UKCAT 736/VR: 790.
Really happy with my UKCAT but a bit worried that they might look down on all of my experience being psychology based.
Original post by Brio52
2:1 degree in psychology with UKCAT 736/VR: 790.
Really happy with my UKCAT but a bit worried that they might look down on all of my experience being psychology based.

no I doubt that they ill look down on that. :smile: congrats on the score! x
Reply 288
no I doubt that they ill look down on that. :smile: congrats on the score! x

Thanks, and I'd say definitely apply even if you don't beat the average by much. I've heard that once you get to interviews they don't look that much at UKCAT so you can be taken entirely on your own merit. Warwick's really nice, it's where I did my undergrad.
I'd imagine we will hear from Warwick pretty sharpish compared to the other GAMSAT and BMAT universities considering UKCAT is done and dusted for all applicants now. Anyone know how long the wait was in the past? Received a confirmation of my application so far. Realistically I can't see it being any earlier than the start of November, but you never know!
Reply 290
Original post by Marathi
I'd imagine we will hear from Warwick pretty sharpish compared to the other GAMSAT and BMAT universities considering UKCAT is done and dusted for all applicants now. Anyone know how long the wait was in the past? Received a confirmation of my application so far. Realistically I can't see it being any earlier than the start of November, but you never know!

Think last year invites went out early December and the work experience forms slightly earlier.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Carcosa
Think last year invites went out early December and the work experience forms slightly earlier.

Thanks!

Also, just to clarify, what UCAS PID has everyone used on their UKCAT details? The original one, or the track one?

EDIT: Ah nvm, it states to use the one in your welcome email from Track which I have done.
(edited 7 years ago)
Hi guys, i left my application really last minute. So I was just wondering if I should even bother applying to WW because I have 530 for my VR :frown: i got 860 for AR and 640 for QR so i got an avg of 677 but will i just get rejected because of vr?
Original post by therainman
Hi guys, i left my application really last minute. So I was just wondering if I should even bother applying to WW because I have 530 for my VR :frown: i got 860 for AR and 640 for QR so i got an avg of 677 but will i just get rejected because of vr?

yes, their cut off will be 577 this year.
Original post by Marathi
Thanks!

Also, just to clarify, what UCAS PID has everyone used on their UKCAT details? The original one, or the track one?

EDIT: Ah nvm, it states to use the one in your welcome email from Track which I have done.

do u know how i put my ukcat result on the ucas form?
do u know how i put my ukcat result on the ucas form?

You don't, Pearson VUE sends the UKCAT to the university you've applied to which is why you need to fill in the 'additional information' on their website.
Original post by Marathi
You don't, Pearson VUE sends the UKCAT to the university you've applied to which is why you need to fill in the 'additional information' on their website.

okay awesome :smile: thanks xx
Hi, some last minute deliberation on whether putting Warwick as a choice is worth it or not so some comments would be useful.

I have 640 VR, 686 overall as well as a 2:1 in Biochemical Engineering and Masters. I also have published research but not sure if they consider this.

Thanks
Hey guys,
I'm a current 1st year at Warwick (just started 3 weeks ago!) so if anyone has any questions about the course I'll try and answer them as best I can :smile:
Try not to stress out too much about everything (I know it's easier said than done...)
Much love x
Original post by dancingfaery
Hey guys,
I'm a current 1st year at Warwick (just started 3 weeks ago!) so if anyone has any questions about the course I'll try and answer them as best I can :smile:
Try not to stress out too much about everything (I know it's easier said than done...)
Much love x

Could you give us a typical 'week in the life of'? :smile:

Also, what were the interview stations like? Are there many/any group ones or are they all solo? Were they all situations, or did some talk to you about your work experience/PS?

Latest

Trending

Trending