The Student Room Group

Dundee Medicine 2017 Entry

hey guys, so was looking around and I can't seem to find a discussion for Dundee 2017 entry so thought I'd make one:smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Ayyy :smile: Beat me to it :biggrin: Can't wait to see what happens! Even if I don't get in first time it's still pretty interesting to see what kind of people get accepted. As in what sort of scores they have, etc. :wink:
Original post by Nuba123
Ayyy :smile: Beat me to it :biggrin: Can't wait to see what happens! Even if I don't get in first time it's still pretty interesting to see what kind of people get accepted. As in what sort of scores they have, etc. :wink:

I've heard that at Dundee once you get an interview offer it's based fully on interview performance which is so interesting, everyone will be on a level playing field basically
I will be applying as a graduate, hopefully with a 2:1 MEng in Biomedical Engineering
S5: AAAAB
S6: ABC (chem, bio, maths)

UKCAT
VR: 640
QR: 770
AR: 590
Average: 667, Band 2

I have a fair bit of extra curricular/work experience too

Do you think I have any hope? :frown:
Reply 4
Im applying to Dundee too with AAAA at A2 and ukcat 697 SJT Band 1 with two weeks work experience and a fair bit of voluntary work. I was trying to see what kind of requirements were accepted in previous years but had no luck. Fingers crossed we get the interview and a subsequent offer!
Does anyone know when Dundee make their interview offers? Sent my UCAS away today so feels so real now
Hey everyone. Can't find a lot on their academic requirements.
GCSE - 5A*'s, 5A's and a C in french.
A-levels - 3A'S
I have the required 2 weeks work experience but I don't know if I should apply.
Original post by hopeforunderdog
Does anyone know when Dundee make their interview offers? Sent my UCAS away today so feels so real now

Try emailing or calling them
Reply 8
Original post by MCMXCVIII
Hey everyone. Can't find a lot on their academic requirements.
GCSE - 5A*'s, 5A's and a C in french.
A-levels - 3A'S
I have the required 2 weeks work experience but I don't know if I should apply.

You def should
Original post by riyaaaaa
You def should

Alright. Thanks. Taking a gap year so really wanna get in this time.
Alright. Thanks. Taking a gap year so really wanna get in this time.

I mean it really depends on your other stats too. What are they? But if you really like Aberdeen you should give it a try!
Original post by riyaaaaa
I mean it really depends on your other stats too. What are they? But if you really like Aberdeen you should give it a try!

UKCAT - 2140 (713 Average)
Hopefully pretty good personal statement
Got 4 weeks of GP experience
1 week shadowing consultant
Other courses for med
3 months care home
Healthcare assistant for gap year + training
UKCAT - 2140 (713 Average)
Hopefully pretty good personal statement
Got 4 weeks of GP experience
1 week shadowing consultant
Other courses for med
3 months care home
Healthcare assistant for gap year + training

That's a really good ukcat score ahaha way better than mine lol so don't worry you surely have a chance!!
I'll be applying here as an RUK applicant :biggrin:

GCSEs: A^ 6A* 3A (including English Language) 2B (including a science GCSE I did in year 9 which is essentially made obsolete by the fact I got A*A*A* in the separate sciences)
AS Levels: AAAA Maths, Further Maths, Biology and Chemistry
A2 (predicted): A*A*A* + A*A* in EPQ (medically related) and General Studies
UKCAT: 2360 Band 1 (787 average)

I'm a bit worried where they say that they encourage up to two weeks of medically-related work. I only really have 3 days in hospitals, but I've been volunteering at a care home for 6 months? I just hope it's enough and I show them I've done enough research and have the knowledge and commitment required...
Hey,

what do guys think my chances of interview are with a UKCAT of 617 band 2 but all A's in my exams. My UKCAT score edges it into the 4th decile but would that be enough? :/

Thanks
Reply 15
Has anyone received a welcome email from Dundee? 2 of my choices have sent me emails, and 2 haven't.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by esoryma
Has anyone received a welcome email from Dundee? 2 of my choices have sent me emails, and 2 haven't.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I haven't and same

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by esoryma

Posted from TSR Mobile

I haven't received one either. I sent my application of on Wednesday and received them from all my other choices.
Glad I'm not the only one :h:
I've only received a welcome email from 1 of my choices...lol.
Does anyone know what the interviews are like for Dundee uni - someone told me a while back they were quite informal?...
Reply 19
Original post by Gogregg
I haven't received one either. I sent my application of on Wednesday and received them from all my other choices.
Glad I'm not the only one :h:

Aw that's a relief that I'm not alone :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending