The Student Room Group

Repayment

Son is about to finish a PhD and will be working , probably, in Europe. Does he have to tell SLC about it. DOes he HAVE to tell them. If he doesn't,t, will he then have to pay back contributions if he does then work in the UK. THink there is a 25 year cut off when repayments are written off, but when does this start I've when he starts work or when he starts repayments. All very confusing and goo to website not very clear, perhaps deliberately.
Original post by olddad
Son is about to finish a PhD and will be working , probably, in Europe. Does he have to tell SLC about it. DOes he HAVE to tell them. If he doesn't,t, will he then have to pay back contributions if he does then work in the UK. THink there is a 25 year cut off when repayments are written off, but when does this start I've when he starts work or when he starts repayments. All very confusing and goo to website not very clear, perhaps deliberately.

yes he has to tell sfe about it, i m confident that the debt would follow him abroad.
Reply 2
Original post by olddad

Original post by claireestelle
yes he has to tell sfe about it, i m confident that the debt would follow him abroad.

Yes. The debt doesn't disappear if a student goes abroad. And SFE will pursue it if necessary.

Best to notify them and continue to make the required payments.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending