The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

The Official Exeter Applicants Thread 2017 Entry

Scroll to see replies

hiyaa :smile: I'm applying for German and History, predicteds are A*A*AA but kinda nervous cos I'm falling behind right now!!
Got AAAAB for AS with the B in French so I have to resit the written paper again but oh well.

Btw does anyone know how they give out their different grade offers? xx
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
Hey you lot - I'm hoping for Economics and Politics ... working like a dog to make up for rubbish AS results (ADDE - dropped the E) by retaking all the units I messed up in the two Ds plus my A2s ... hoping it'll all be worth it in August next year :adore::adore:

Had the best day at Streatham campus open day - loved the place and defo my number 1 choice.
I got AAB @ AS and have been predicted AAA. Hope to study Astrophysics! :smile:
Hoping to study English.
11 A*s at GCSE (from state school), 4 As at AS level in English Literature, History, French and Maths and predicted A*AA at A-Level in English Literature, History and French respectively.
Already applied and waiting on an offer. Anyone know when they start giving them out?
Reply 84
Original post by butterfly_belle
yey another biological sciences applicant! i love Exeter ngl, the website says that the entry requirement for biology with a placement is A*AA-AAB so i'm presuming they could potentially offer that? i've also applied to Bristol, Surrey, Royal Holloway and Gloucestershire (which was supposed to be an insurance choice lol). I got an offer from Surrey 5 days after my application was sent off which was quite quick! where else are you applying?

Have you been to Exeter/know anything about it?? I'm going over to see it and Bath this week so pretty excited :h: Im also applying to Bath, Lancaster, Surrey and Sussex but i keep changing my mind so havent sent my UCAS yet!
Congrats on your offer from Surrey!!
Original post by hannmars
Hoping to study English.
11 A*s at GCSE (from state school), 4 As at AS level in English Literature, History, French and Maths and predicted A*AA at A-Level in English Literature, History and French respectively.
Already applied and waiting on an offer. Anyone know when they start giving them out?

I've applied for English too. :smile:
I've applied for Physics and I have an interview in November, anyone else got an interview?
I got 8A*s 3As for GCSE, 4 As at AS and I'm predicted 4A*s in Maths, Further Maths, Physics, and Classical Civilisation.
Reply 87
Yo!
Psychology applicant here! I'm a little bit nervous because my AS grades weren't great (ABCC), do you think this will affect me much? Obviously I can tell explain to the uni that my two C's were in part due to a lot of teaching issues at my school. Can anyone offer any advice?
Reply 88
Original post by minamae
Yo!
Psychology applicant here! I'm a little bit nervous because my AS grades weren't great (ABCC), do you think this will affect me much? Obviously I can tell explain to the uni that my two C's were in part due to a lot of teaching issues at my school. Can anyone offer any advice?

Hey I might be applying for psychology too!!(but I'm thinking of doing a joint honours degree!) I'm sure that if you just work extra extra hard this year then you'll be able to get atleast AAB! Maybe you could email the university and just ask them for their advice , they're really helpful and quick at replying! Just keep motivated :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by physicsgirl98
I've applied for Physics and I have an interview in November, anyone else got an interview?
I got 8A*s 3As for GCSE, 4 As at AS and I'm predicted 4A*s in Maths, Further Maths, Physics, and Classical Civilisation.

I applied for Physics and Astrophysics and ive also got an interview in november.
Do you have any idea how much the interview matters? Because they have already got our AS and predicted grades and stuff.
Oh and I got 5A* 5A 1B at GCSE. AAAA at AS and predicted 3A*1A, Physics Chemistry Maths and A for Further maths which Im doing independently
Original post by Tayyabshabbirtsr
I applied for Physics and Astrophysics and ive also got an interview in november.
Do you have any idea how much the interview matters? Because they have already got our AS and predicted grades and stuff.
Oh and I got 5A* 5A 1B at GCSE. AAAA at AS and predicted 3A*1A, Physics Chemistry Maths and A for Further maths which Im doing independently

I don't know how much it matters but the email made it seem quite casual - sounds more like they're selling Exeter to us than the other way round haha
With those grades you shouldn't need to worry either way, where else did you apply?
hi all! i saw a few people mention this so just wanted to confirm Exeter do seem to take a little longer to give out offers compared to some unis (or that was how it was in my case)... if an indication of time is any help to you i applied around 9th November and got my offer from Exeter on 7th December, good luck!! :smile:
Original post by minamae
Yo!

hey, my AS grades were ABCD so you shouldn't worry at all (and that wasn't even due to teaching issues i just didn't work hard enough sadly). I retook a lot of AS exams, and although im not sure if you will be too this shouldn't affect your application if your predicted grades are still high and meet their requirements!
Reply 93
I'm applying to study philosophy at Exeter. 2A*4A6B at gcse with AABB at AS. Sent off my application last week!
Original post by physicsgirl98
I don't know how much it matters but the email made it seem quite casual - sounds more like they're selling Exeter to us than the other way round haha
With those grades you shouldn't need to worry either way, where else did you apply?

I'll be giving my interview on skype because Im an international applicant, they asked for my contact details and explained the whole process to me. They said like its 2 sections and 1st one is physics and they ask u questions from ur PS etc. 2nd one they ask u something which u dont know and try to lead u through the process of learning it or something. Seems quite scary to me as usually this is what oxbridge describes their interviews to be like.

Im applying for Physics and philosophy at oxford, theoretical physics at durham, imperial and ucl. What about you?
Original post by ellie6399
Does anyone have access to the open day guide? My laptop is playing up.
Also, any natural science applicants??

Physics w/ Astrophysics :P, presumably you are too, soooo, wbu?
Reply 96
Original post by c146
hi all! i saw a few people mention this so just wanted to confirm Exeter do seem to take a little longer to give out offers compared to some unis (or that was how it was in my case)... if an indication of time is any help to you i applied around 9th November and got my offer from Exeter on 7th December, good luck!! :smile:

What course did you apply to? Are you in Exeter now? :u:
Original post by lkerr79
What course did you apply to? Are you in Exeter now? :u:

i applied for law :smile: and no, i deferred my place so will be starting next year!
Applying for medicine here with achieved grades of A*A*AB at A2, 9A* 3B at GCSE. Anyone know when exeter do their interviews?
Original post by Natasha.Cole
Hi, I'm looking at 2017 entry too. Will be applying for Medical Science and hopefully will get ABB by next year; although like you I had okay As results (BBBB), It will be my first choice. Hopefully my teachers are kind and will give me good predicted grades. Good luck.

Have you been to the open day? Because all things to do with medicine are held in St Lukes campus. I only applied to exeter because its the easiest for me the get an interview aha, I have NO idea about the uni!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending