The Student Room Group

KPMG audit programme 2017 discussion

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by DarkEnergy
Hey, is there anywhere to help with filling it out?
Can't find anything on the website, and not really sure what to put for the Academic Reference.

I'll be filling it out this weekend but I guess an academic reference would be one of your teachers. Does it just want a name or a full reference? Also which office you applying to ?
Original post by dom117117
I'll be filling it out this weekend but I guess an academic reference would be one of your teachers. Does it just want a name or a full reference? Also which office you applying to ?

A full letter of reference I think because you have to upload it. I'm applying to Newcastle, you?
Reply 62
A full letter of reference I think because you have to upload it. I'm applying to Newcastle, you?

Watford or London probs London but I duno if it would be more competitive. Yeh must be the same reference we do for ucas gona have to ask my teacher for it on Monday 😅
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 63

Hi, so I clicked apply and it's just said loading for the last 10mins did you have this problem?
Hi, so I clicked apply and it's just said loading for the last 10mins did you have this problem?

That's weird, I did not have that problem
Reply 65
It should open in September, its a very competitive programme that requires online tests (numerical and verbal reasoning) to continue with the application. I'm currently revising for those tests and would be happy to help you prepare if you want.
Here's where you apply when it opens it also explains the course in more detail:
https://www.kpmgcareers.co.uk/school-leavers/school-leaver-programme
hi how do you revise and how do you apply?
Reply 66
Original post by sss786
hi how do you revise and how do you apply?

Hey, here's where you apply:
https://www.kpmgcareers.co.uk/school-leavers/school-leaver-programme
You pick your desired office and then complete a application process (grades and that). Then you get online tests. I'll be revising more during the holidays hope this answers your question😄
Reply 67
is the only option university of birmingham or can i apply with wanting to study with a different choice of university.
Reply 68
Original post by sss786
is the only option university of birmingham or can i apply with wanting to study with a different choice of university.
only Birmingham this year, you can't substitute another uni.
Reply 69
apply for the school leavers programme and choose a different university or is it that you have to study at birmingham.
Reply 70
only Birmingham this year, you can't substitute another uni.
does that means i will have to live in birmingham and apply for an office which is in birmingham.
Reply 71
Original post by sss786
does that means i will have to live in birmingham and apply for an office which is in birmingham.

I'm still uncertain with all the details but you go to uni part time with accommodation paid for. Then the rest of the time you will be at the office where you have to find your own accommodation. So maybe pick a office close to home.
Reply 72
I'm still uncertain with all the details but you go to uni part time with accommodation paid for. Then the rest of the time you will be at the office where you have to find your own accommodation. So maybe pick a office close to home.
well i live in bradford so what would you say is a good option for my scenario?
Reply 73
Original post by sss786
well i live in bradford so what would you say is a good option for my scenario?

The Leeds office? You could choose to go with the Birmingham office if you want to stay in the same place but you'd have to pay a bit of your salary for rent. You got to go to your office for assessment day so don't pick a place too far.
When do the applications close?
Reply 75
Original post by SugarCoatedCart
When do the applications close?

You would have to email KPMG as I also wondered the same but I can't find anything. They only recently opened so we have at least the rest of October and probs November.
You would have to email KPMG as I also wondered the same but I can't find anything. They only recently opened so we have at least the rest of October and probs November.

Hey, have you sent yours off yet? If not, when are you planning to apply? I'll hopefully have applied by the end of the week. :smile:
Reply 77
Hey, have you sent yours off yet? If not, when are you planning to apply? I'll hopefully have applied by the end of the week. :smile:
yeah still having to chase up my teachers for my reference, hopefully have it sent off by the weekend😄
Hi Guys!!

Does anyone know how many academic referees we need for the application??

Reply 79
Original post by AD490995
Hi Guys!!

Does anyone know how many academic referees we need for the application??

Hey, you just need one written reference like your ucas reference and then you can add either a personal, academic, professional referee in another part. I think u only need 1 referee, anyway good luck hope this helps😄

Quick Reply

Latest