The Student Room Group

Instruments you play

Scroll to see replies

Ukulele, guitar, and the flute (not to a very high standard). I also used to play the djembe drum :tongue: I really want to learn piano and a brass instrument though
Reply 21
Original post by CheeseIsVeg
10 years, you?Haha lol after grade 5 theory I was like
I
am
so
doneeeeeeee!

ahhhh twinning!!
Reply 22
Original post by K-Man_PhysCheM
I play flute and piano to a high standard, and I also do a fair bit of composing when I have time (not often now I've started my intensive A-levels!).

I'm certainly nowhere near Mozart's talent, though I can play his flute concertos and many of his piano sonatas.

Spoiler

ahh sound!

Spoiler

I play the piano. Never bothered getting grades as i began playing during my GCSE years. mostly just mess around playing tunes that i think sound cool. I can play prelude in C though and i feel proud of that. Even if it is nothing compared to nearly everyone else :/
I play piano. I did my Grade 5 not so long ago and thought I failed it. I managed to pass, though. Now I'm learning stuff I actually like.

Does anyone have a favourite piece to play?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I know how to play the guitar and piano, but my finger co-ordination is all over the place :s-smilie:
Original post by eve_4342
ahhhh twinning!!

:five:

Original post by AbstractHeart
I play piano. I did my Grade 5 not so long ago and thought I failed it. I managed to pass, though. Now I'm learning stuff I actually like.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I love playing Axel F on piano :rofl: Respect to you for doing grade 5 piano :shock: I only just passed 4 and just was not up to continuing after that exam XD
I just love playing violin rofl
At the moment the nutcracker is my favourite on violin :gah:
I'm like the same as you; I can also play the trumpet, cornet, tenor horn, uke, a little guitar!

Awwhhhhh cool! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

For piano, Poulenc's Toccata from Trois pieces is good fun. Very energetic and lots of jumping about the keyboard and quick mood changes.

For flute, I'm not so sure. Maybe Chaminade's Concertino.
:five:

I love playing Axel F on piano :rofl: Respect to you for doing grade 5 piano :shock: I only just passed 4 and just was not up to continuing after that exam XD
I just love playing violin rofl
At the moment the nutcracker is my favourite on violin :gah:

I've not heard of Axel F. What's it like?
Violin sounds really fun but I don't have time for another instrument. Also, so expensive.
I tried to learn piano and then guitar but because I have little hands I gave up instead of trying properly D:
I play ukulele now, which I love.
Reply 31

Posted from TSR Mobile

violin fav is Canzonetta by Tschaikowsky or trad :smile: currently doing Concerto no. 3 by Mozart.piano fav is river flows in you or il giorni
Original post by K-Man_PhysCheM
For piano, Poulenc's Toccata from Trois pieces is good fun. Very energetic and lots of jumping about the keyboard and quick mood changes.

For flute, I'm not so sure. Maybe Chaminade's Concertino.

I'll look the Toccata when I get home. It sounds quite interesting.
[video="youtube;V93XY-KQfak"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V93XY-KQfak[/video] :biggrin:
It's hard. Plenty of flats XD but I learnt it by ear and have memorised it :smile: (that and ode to joy + scissor scisters and some easy coldplay arrangments = some of the few peices I can play on piano now :rofl:)
It also really annoyed my cousins when I stayed at theirs for a week and they had an electric piano that I made use of :innocent: :tongue:

I've not heard of Axel F. What's it like?
Violin sounds really fun but I don't have time for another instrument. Also, so expensive.

Violin is so fun! It cheers me up to play! Can be expensive.
Learn something like ukelele - they are simple and so cool/fun :biggrin:
violin fav is Canzonetta by Tschaikowsky or trad :smile: currently doing Concerto no. 3 by Mozart.piano fav is river flows in you or il giorni

You seem to know a lot of pieces. How many do you play regularly?
[video="youtube;V93XY-KQfak"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V93XY-KQfak[/video] :biggrin:
It's hard. Plenty of flats XD but I learnt it by ear and have memorised it :smile: (that and ode to joy + scissor scisters and some easy coldplay arrangments = some of the few peices I can play on piano now :rofl:)
It also really annoyed my cousins when I stayed at theirs for a week and they had an electric piano that I made use of :innocent: :tongue:

Violin is so fun! It cheers me up to play! Can be expensive.
Learn something like ukelele - they are simple and so cool/fun :biggrin:

I can't play by ear at all. But my sight reading is getting better.
Uke looks good too. Everything sounds happy on it.
Reply 36
You seem to know a lot of pieces. How many do you play regularly?

I've being playing for a long time (10 years lel) so my memory is pretty good now! I may be of reasonable standard but I hardly practice :s-smilie: like 2 times a week for 45 minutes!

<3
I can't play by ear at all. But my sight reading is getting better.
Uke looks good too. Everything sounds happy on it.

That's not a bad thing :smile:Nice :yy: I find rhythms hard in sight reading, I like to hear things and then learn and be able to play them :wink:
XD yeah haha
Reply 38

omg it's THAT piece!!!!
I can't play any instrument but I sing. I sang all throughout school and then got accepted to do a music course at college and was only one of three singers that made the class :colondollar: I was going to study music or performing arts at uni but switched to biology as I lost all my confidence with music tbh after encountering so many pricks in that music course.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest