The Student Room Group

People react to ITV documentary about ex-Muslims

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Zargabaath
The Quran disagrees with you on that, as do a significant portion of muslims. That's what the problem here is.

There is a big difference to what religion says and what the believers thinks. I am pretty much sure when you refer to the Qur'an you refer to believers rather than the holy scripture.

But I do agree with you in the basis of the believers not the Qur'an.
This is really sick. The common theme throughout all of those messages is that they're all inherently selfish. A documentary about Ex-Muslims and their experiences is seen as an attack on Muslims, really!? How fragile and reactive do you have to be to think that? Until Muslims become tolerant of the fact that Ex-Muslims exist, these documentaries will keep coming out (and rightfully so).
Reply 22
Original post by Reachin4TheStars
That is their problem. I live life by what I believe, not by what someone else wants me to. :smile:

Pretty selfish perspective.
Original post by Reachin4TheStars
That is their problem. I live life by what I believe, not by what someone else wants me to. :smile:

your lucky to even be alive just as god gave u god is the master we are the slaves so y are u disobeying ur breathing the air which belongs to god so u cant just say its my life welll god has given it and he will take it as well so clearly dont belong to u
Reply 24
Original post by honey55497
your lucky to even be alive just as god gave u god is the master we are the slaves so y are u disobeying ur breathing the air which belongs to god so u cant just say its my life welll god has given it and he will take it as well so clearly dont belong to u

A typically inarticulate and barely literate response.
I'm currently watching the documentary
Strange, I thought apostates were normally treated fine and with the utmost respect from Muslims. From what I understand, Islamic doctrine totally doesn't call for the murder and shunning of such people............

Original post by KingBradly
They need our full support. As do genuine reformers such as Maajid Nawaz, who are readily keen about criticising the religion where it deserves to be.

The amount of crap Maajid Nawaz gets from mainstream Muslims in this country is disgusting. It's even happened on this forum. Funnily enough he didn't get it when he was a Jihadi. While scum like Moazzam Begg doesn't get nearly as much. Have any of you seen any Muslims on TSR for example denounce CAGE for instance? It never, ever happens. Says it all really........
Original post by honey55497

Allah didn't create me or anything else because he doesn't exist. It's a sad day indeed for humanity when you talk about living like a slave as if it's something to be proud of. You can live your entire life as one if you want, but I sure as hell won't and neither will many, many others.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
Allah didn't create me or anything else because he doesn't exist. You can live your entire life as a slave if you want, but I sure as hell won't and neither will many, many others.

Hear hear!
Typical.
Self righteous Muslims are hurt and feel like they're being targeted by a program. More concerned about their image as a religion than their treatment of people who leave it and yet are quick to victim blame self loath and scream Islamophobia. They're more concerned about their beliefs looking bad than the mistreatment of peoples lives. I think that says it all really.

A lesson for all; Islam is full of problems. Stop trying to hide them, address them and fix the problems in your community.

Pathetic.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Cobalt_
Typical.
Self righteous Muslims are hurt and feel like they're being targeted by a program. More concerned about their image as a religion than their treatment of people who leave it and yet are quick to victim blame self loath and scream Islamophobia. They're more concerned about their beliefs looking bad than the mistreatment of peoples lives. I think that says it all really.

A lesson for all; Islam is full of problems. Stop trying to hide them, address them and fix the problems in your community.

Pathetic.

Offended by everything. Ashamed by nothing.
But guys, the treatment of those ex Muslims is totally "nothing to do with Islam™", right? Right?
The president of the the 'Muslim association of Britain' - 'Omer El-Hamdoon' - was featured on the programme (I think the only prominent Muslim, who decided to be interviewed). A programme, which I don't think most Muslim critics watched due to aside being mildly critical of Islam, it was featured on a weekday finishing late night.

As with many disingenuous western Muslim apologists, embarrassed and evades when alluded to whether the execution of apostates, is justified by Islam? I'm willing to bet he thinks "Yes" - he's just afraid he'll be unable to justify it and receive much criticism. Yet he's unable to also say "No" - as he's also afraid of being unable to justify such a stance and receive much criticism and perhaps threats of death and violence from Muslims (supportive of the persecution of apostates).

Stuck between a rock and a hard place.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Omer_Elhamdoon/status/786693358865571840

"@Omer_Elhamdoon basically he's full of **** - Zeeshan"

https://mobile.twitter.com/zeeshxlifex/status/786934937719046144
Reply 33
Original post by KimKallstrom

The amount of crap Maajid Nawaz gets from mainstream Muslims in this country is disgusting. It's even happened on this forum. Funnily enough he didn't get it when he was a Jihadi. While scum like Moazzam Begg doesn't get nearly as much. Have any of you seen any Muslims on TSR for example denounce CAGE for instance? It never, ever happens. Says it all really........

I do find it extraordinarily depressing. It's all so rotten, I really can't understand how people can't see it is. I've not only seen Muslims, but typical Guardianista leftists heavily denounce the likes of reformed Muslims and ex-Muslims such as Maajid Nawaz, Salman Rushdie and Ayaan Hirsi Ali. I've seen them claim them to be liars and charlatans. It's funny how the same people who will attack anyone for supposedly dismissing or denying the experiences of people from different cultures and ethnicities will do exactly that when it suits their agenda.
Reply 34
But, but, but, I thought that "there is no compulsion in Islam."
Reply 35
they seem more angered by the fact that its WOMEN who are leaving islam. why are men so threatened by it? oh right, because shes choosing not to live a life of misery, misogyny and oppression and would rather have a life and be independent?
Reply 36
It's interesting to see how a thread goes when I-SOC doesn't flood it and get it taken down.
Original post by KingBradly
They need our full support. As do genuine reformers such as Maajid Nawaz, who are readily keen about criticising the religion where it deserves to be.

He is pretty much a closet-Agnostic womaniser who persues power and fame to fulfill his own selfish ambitions, so he is not exactly a 'genuine' reformer. Rather Majid is just a popular figure to critical non-Muslims who are nonethewiser because he looks like a Muslim with traction who could champion their agenda from within the Muslim community, but little do they realise that he is just a hollow mouthpiece for trash with no concern for the cause many support him on. Because of how critical Muslims are of him for opposing orthodox views, non-Muslims tend to reject other valid criticism of him as a person as simply being slander or people trying to character assassinate him, so they end up living in a false reality that he is a good guy and indeed 'genuine', when really he is one of the biggest wastemen in the country.
How can I watch this documentary? It's been removed from vimeo
Reply 39
Original post by Zamestaneh
He is pretty much a closet-Agnostic womaniser who persues power and fame to fulfill his own selfish ambitions, so he is not exactly a 'genuine' reformer. Rather Majid is just a popular figure to critical non-Muslims who are nonethewiser because he looks like a Muslim with traction who could champion their agenda from within the Muslim community, but little do they realise that he is just a hollow mouthpiece for trash with no concern for the cause many support him on. Because of how critical Muslims are of him for opposing orthodox views, non-Muslims tend to reject other valid criticism of him as a person as simply being slander or people trying to character assassinate him, so they end up living in a false reality that he is a good guy and indeed 'genuine', when really he is one of the biggest wastemen in the country.

This is both ad-hominem fallacy and a no true scotsman fallacy. Try again next time mate. Calling someone a "wasteman" doesn't actually get you anywhere on here. This isn't a JME song.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending