The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mkap
i live in saudi and i can vouch for that. Saudi is the only country in the world where all the shops have to close when the adhan goes off. so lets say im at the mall and it goes off, the shops close and we go pray in the masjid in the mall. its also so nice hearing the adhan and the prayers at fajr maghrib and isha from different masjids local to me.

Normally when the shops close I stay inside and finish my shopping lol, I'm trapped in but there are other people so it's not that bizzare. And true, no better feeling than hearing the adhan five times a day, especially at fajr alhamdulilah.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by beautifulxxx
Lool why? Which subject are you studying?
Yh but if it means stressing this much then it's annoying. I'm surfing anxiety threads on tsr but they're not that helpful😒

Oh yh saudi compounds are sick. When you live in them or occasionally visit it's like entering a different country lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's so dead lol. I'm studying Biochem. You?
Haha just read your duas.

Yeah I've heard they're more chilled.

Original post by ak143244
Yeah I'm okay. Just doing some computing work. You? How's your day been? :smile:

That's good :smile: Yeah just had a busy day.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Salams everyone :smile:

Walaykum asalaam

Original post by redleader1
Salaam guys,

Do you ever feel how much of an ease it is to be in a muslim country, or even one with a muslim majority, in regards to praying. Here in the UK im not saying its difficult alhamdolillah its ok to pray here, but at times it can be awkward like praying in public. I mean when I was in Pakistan, there, there was like every opportunity for you to actually prayer salah, wheather it was in the park or in the village there was always like a prayer mat or an area.

And at places like work, they are able to work around their times so they can go with the changing times of salah. Alahmdolillah for those experiencing this, its a great benefit.

Walaykum asalaam

Yep I agree. I guess it's just a matter of practising in these conditions, inshaAllah it will become second nature.
Original post by Leukocyte
Walaykum asalaam

Walaykum asalaam

Yep I agree. I guess it's just a matter of practising in these conditions, inshaAllah it will become second nature.

You allright?
You allright?

Alahmdulillah yh, thanks for asking. Yourself?
Just thought I'd let everyone know about the amazing food I've had today at some place, try guessing .. :ahee:

I had rice, pasta, veg curry, 1/2 chicken, portion of lamb quzi, chicken shawarma with salad. It was a meal for 2 well I ate the most XD
Reply 3926
Normally when the shops close I stay inside and finish my shopping lol, I'm trapped in but there are other people so it's not that bizzare. And true, no better feeling than hearing the adhan five times a day, especially at fajr alhamdulilah.

Posted from TSR Mobile

we used to do that, but then the saudis take half an hour to open the shops after the prayer esp panda orr danube, where abouts in saudi are you. im in jeddah
Original post by mkap
we used to do that, but then the saudis take half an hour to open the shops after the prayer esp panda orr danube, where abouts in saudi are you. im in jeddah

I know they take so long I'm thinking are they praying taraweeh or what😒 I live in Riyadh..went to jeddah last year. I found it much more chill than here.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3928
I know they take so long I'm thinking are they praying taraweeh or what😒 I live in Riyadh..went to jeddah last year. I found it much more chill than here.

Posted from TSR Mobile

yes its so chill here, you dont even have to wear hijab just black abaya
SALAAAAAMMMMMMM BRRRUUUUUUUUUUUVVVVV :P
How's everyone doing?
Original post by HAnwar
It's so dead lol. I'm studying Biochem. You?
Haha just read your duas.

Yeah I've heard they're more chilled.

That's good :smile: Yeah just had a busy day.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm still stuck with A levels😭
Yh pools, gyms, parks and all that fun stuff...we barely go though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by mkap
yes its so chill here, you dont even have to wear hijab just black abaya

Same in riyadh hijab is a choice for the women here.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah I am good too, college tomorrow :frown:
How about you??

Doing oright alhamdulillah. Just replying to pms.

Lol I'm sure your college can't be that bad :tongue:
Original post by redleader1
Salaam guys,

Do you ever feel how much of an ease it is to be in a muslim country, or even one with a muslim majority, in regards to praying. Here in the UK im not saying its difficult alhamdolillah its ok to pray here, but at times it can be awkward like praying in public. I mean when I was in Pakistan, there, there was like every opportunity for you to actually prayer salah, wheather it was in the park or in the village there was always like a prayer mat or an area.

And at places like work, they are able to work around their times so they can go with the changing times of salah. Alahmdolillah for those experiencing this, its a great benefit.
see less

Wa'alaykumasalaam

Yh definitely more at ease. Hearing the adhan 5x a day is pretty neat.

Original post by CorpusLuteum
How's everyone doing?

Wa'alaykumasalaam, I hope you are doing good.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by IdeasForLife

Hey! Yeah I'm doing great alhamdulilah. How about yourself?
Alahmdulillah yh, thanks for asking. Yourself?

Yeah I'm okay, I've got college tomorrow... :frown:
Original post by IdeasForLife
Doing oright alhamdulillah. Just replying to pms.

Lol I'm sure your college can't be that bad :tongue:

Wa'alaykumasalaam

Yh definitely more at ease. Hearing the adhan 5x a day is pretty neat.

Oh okay, you must have a lot of PMs :smile:
It's okay, but you have to wake up bare early and sometimes lessons are boring. But you have to do things like this in order to do what you want to do in the future.
Original post by CorpusLuteum
How's everyone doing?

Walaykum asalaam
Alhamdulillah

Yeah I'm okay, I've got college tomorrow... :frown:

Lol I have a lecture at 9!
Walaykum asalaam
Alhamdulillah

Lol I have a lecture at 9!

Damn, what are you studying?
Damn, what are you studying?

Biomed.
Biomed.

Wow! I could never do Biomed - You must be talented to do such hard degree. May Allah make it easy for you :smile:

Latest