The Student Room Group

The Official TSR Fantasy NFL Thread 2016/17

Scroll to see replies

Can't believe I lost again, there is no way that team should have lost :frown:
Original post by Monkey_Pete
Wooooo!

My best RB is on bye that week... (getting my excuses in early)

Edit: Also there were 5 higher scoring kickers on the waiver wire. I am very happy with the performance of all my non-Eagles players

Next time I will be at full strength, this week I was without Baldwin, dez and my tight end
Original post by joecphillips
Next time I will be at full strength, this week I was without Baldwin, dez and my tight end

I am happy going into our next game as the underdog expecting to lose. By that point, one or both of us might have qualified for the playoffs already anyway.

According to the waiver wire rankings, i am winning the league atm :smile: I dont expect that to last, but two unexpected victories in the last two weeks have certainly helped
Are injuries this much of a nuisance every year when it comes to Fantasy?
Reply 284
Yes, injuries and performance of their interim pickups will often decide who wins fantasy on any given week.
Woo, football is starting soon!
I had problems picking a defence to start this week, how do you replace the number 1 scoring defence?
I had problems picking a defence to start this week, how do you replace the number 1 scoring defence?

Who's playing the Browns?
Original post by SmashConcept
Who's playing the Browns?

The titans, owned by my opponent, so I took who was playing the bears instead.
Reply 289
I'm just about ready to burn this season and fantasy season down. My team has gone from hero to zero in the space of a fortnight.
As it currently stands, no one in our league has the top scoring QB, the top scoring WR or the second and third RBs
I would of been better picking up pretty much any other kicker this week, if I left Walsh in on a bye week I wouldn't of done any worse.

I take that back he just kicked a extra point.
(edited 7 years ago)
I would of been better picking up pretty much any other kicker this week, if I left Walsh in on a bye week I wouldn't of done any worse.

I take that back he just kicked a extra point.

I would have been twenty points better off benching big ben for Case Keenum, which makes no sense
Reply 293
I would have been twenty points better off benching big ben for Case Keenum, which makes no sense

This week has largely been a whole load of nonsense. So many top players doing sweet FA and so many 0.1% owned people having big days.
Original post by Wattsy
This week has largely been a whole load of nonsense. So many top players doing sweet FA and so many 0.1% owned people having big days.

yeah. Biggest turn out has to go to OBJ who was seemingly out injured at halftime with almost no points, then came back to score over 30
yeah. Biggest turn out has to go to OBJ who was seemingly out injured at halftime with almost no points, then came back to score over 30

I think he had - 0.9 just before the half. Then he ended up being half the total points on my team.
Original post by Wattsy

Must be why I've got the most points so far this week. And there was me thinking it was cause my team is finally strong!

Thought this was cool, both QBs in my match-up had exactly the amount of points they were expected to get at one point.

IMG_0971.PNG
Reply 297
Original post by Motorbiker
I think he had - 0.9 just before the half. Then he ended up being half the total points on my team.

He's totally ruined the slim chance I had of winning. Your 2016 Atlanta Falcons award goes to me!

My bench makes for such grim reading:

IMG_0069.jpg
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Wattsy
He's totally ruined the slim chance I had of winning. Your 2016 Atlanta Falcons award goes to me!

My bench makes for such grim reading:

IMG_0069.jpg

I was watching your bench with interest last night during the games. I think you make the right starting decisions on the information that was out there before the game.

The only benched player i would have started over those on your line up is Ware instead of Yeldon, but that is only because i personally gave up on Yeldon and dropped him a few weeks ago (after he helped contribute to my only loss i think), but still consider Ware to be a viable starter even with Charles back. But i probably would have swapped back when i saw the weather forecast for the Raiders/Chiefs game

Wentz Gordon and Green were all starters for me in my secondary league

EDIT: PS: Does anyone have a decent starting QB they want to trade/gift me in light of Big Ben's injury
(edited 7 years ago)
Matt Forte will have a 30+ point tonight

Spoiler

Quick Reply

Latest