The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1980
Original post by memoryfish
I haven't got one yet, is it only for those that have declared health conditions or will everyone get one through the post?

I don't have any health conditions and I received mine on Saturday.
Reply 1981
Original post by gajman1987
sumbitted my dbs on the 12th oct and got the email from the recruitment team that i passed the employment checks on the 14th , thought it would take 4 weeks ... baffled but very happy

Well done. That was quick. What is your location?
Original post by sac14
Well done. That was quick. What is your location?

London, birmingham, bristol ... really want london
Reply 1983
[QUOTE="gajman87;68075148"]London, birmingham, bristol ... really want london[/QUOTE
My dbs has been submitted but i havent been asked for references. Have u given references?
Original post by sac14
I don't have any health conditions and I received mine on Saturday.

Has ur dbs come back?
Reply 1985
Original post by memoryfish
Has ur dbs come back?

The online tracker says that it has been dispatched but I haven't received it yet.
Reply 1986
Hey guys,

Submitted my acceptance on 16th September but haven't heard anything back from them yet. No DBS request form etc. Emailed them (HMRC) last week and they said it still could be a number of weeks. Anyone else in the same boat?
First choice is London and got 6/6/6 so thought that would work in my favour.

Cheers!
Original post by Sb06
Hey guys,

Submitted my acceptance on 16th September but haven't heard anything back from them yet. No DBS request form etc. Emailed them (HMRC) last week and they said it still could be a number of weeks. Anyone else in the same boat?

Cheers!

Same boat haven't heard anything very frustrating tbh.
I received an email requesting my GCSE English grade.....strange! lol as I submitted them with my application. Just re-submitted Maths and English and my Degree to be on the safe side!

Hoping to hear back in a day or two
Reply 1989
Original post by Waki7866
I received an email requesting my GCSE English grade.....strange! lol as I submitted them with my application. Just re-submitted Maths and English and my Degree to be on the safe side!

Hoping to hear back in a day or two

Are they requesting the actual document? I remember the applicant pack saying you could bring a degree as long as it evidenced the other GCSE/A Level requirements. I only produced my degree at the interview. They havent yet asked me to submit anything of the sort.
Original post by Sb06
Are they requesting the actual document? I remember the applicant pack saying you could bring a degree as long as it evidenced the other GCSE/A Level requirements. I only produced my degree at the interview. They havent yet asked me to submit anything of the sort.

I submitted my degree, maths and English last time.....and I think they lost the English copy so would have to provide that again. I know the degree would be some sort of proof of having GCSE English and Maths... but hey ho....just got an email to say its been received and uploaded to my file.

I know people are receiving emails to tell them checks are completed, so hoping to get mine this week.
I'm in the same position as you. Haven't received anything since accepting my provisional offer.

I only put down Stratford for preferred location. But a friend of mine applied for a role internally, only put down stratford for location preference, got offered the job but in Croydon - so he turned it down. So they might not be able to cater to your preferred location even if you only put one choice down.

Apparently they have a bigger centre in Croydon ready for all these new recruits whereas they only have a very limited handful of vacancies in Stratford. Also, rumour has it that they are looking to have an office in Canary Wharf until the big move to the new Stratford offices in 2020.
Original post by Sb06
Hey guys,

Cheers!

I am in exactly the same position, with my first choice being London as well.

Has anyone got contact details for Manpower? As I am conscious that it has ben over 4 weeks since I last heard anything.
Original post by Me so...?

Has anyone got contact details for Manpower? As I am conscious that it has ben over 4 weeks since I last heard anything.

try this email- [email protected]
Reply 1994

I know someone who applied internally who was told that there are no more spaces left in Stratford, and that she will be placed between Croydon and Euston. What about calling Mnapower directly and just hope to get passed through to the correct people?
Original post by Sb06
I know someone who applied internally who was told that there are no more spaces left in Stratford, and that she will be placed between Croydon and Euston. What about calling Mnapower directly and just hope to get passed through to the correct people?

Oh that's annoying! Was this for the June campaign?

I interviewed at Stratford, so was hoping that it meant they had quite a few spaces. I'd have to pass Stratford to get to either Croydon or Euston.

Will just have to wait and see I suppose!
Oh that's annoying! Was this for the June campaign?

I interviewed at Stratford, so was hoping that it meant they had quite a few spaces. I'd have to pass Stratford to get to either Croydon or Euston.

Will just have to wait and see I suppose!

Yep they only have a few places at stratford.... And it seems that this is most popular choice for London applicants. Let's see if we're lucky :smile: I'd still accept Croydon if that's what they offer me. Just more awkward to get to.
Reply 1997
Yeh 'Me So' it was the June campaign.

Original post by mitchgordon
Your pre-employment checks have been satisfactorily completed.

The vacancy holder will contact you shortly to agree a start date and/or discuss the next steps.

Regards

HM Revenue and Customs recruitment team

Atleast some are getting the good news! was this for the June campiagn? and were you notified by email?
Yes, June closing date. No email received although my CSR account has been updated to reflect this information as of Friday.
Others must be hearing soon...
Reply 1999
Original post by mitchgordon
Yes, June closing date. No email received although my CSR account has been updated to reflect this information as of Friday.
Others must be hearing soon...

Great, thanks for keeping us posted!