The Student Room Group

TSR, what's a good place to hide letters from my lover...

So I was dating an amazing man for a while. Unfortunately , we couldn't stay together because of cultural reasons. Well basically, we both come from different cultures and background, it became tough so we decided to end it for both our sakes.

Anyway I still want to keep the memories since I had some of the best days of my life with him. He sent me gifts and wrote romantic letters. I was so close to throwing them away but then I thought, I can't let go of all the memories and I should keep them.

But where do I hide and keep safe my romantic letters and gifts? Here is the problem, I come from a strict very conservative family, I can't let anyone in my family see them. Right now the gifts are hidden in my cupboard but someone could easily find them there. I really don't know where I could hide them and keep it safe.

Any suggestions?

Scroll to see replies

Under your mattress?

Spoiler

Reply 2
Let me guess, it became tough because your families are traditionalist cockjockeys?
A bag you take out with you? :dontknow:
Reply 4
Original post by ||TheUnknown||
Under your mattress?

Spoiler

My life is a Bollywood movie lol

Original post by RobML
Let me guess, it became tough because your families are traditionalist cockjockeys?

My family yes. His were fine Tbf.

Original post by Rhythmical
A bag you take out with you? :dontknow:

Well for now it's kinda safe in my cupboard but I was thinking of a more safer and secure option.
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous

What kind of age are you?
Reply 6
Fold them up and keep them in a sock hidden in your sock draw
My life is a Bollywood movie lol

Well for now it's kinda safe in my cupboard but I was thinking of a more safer and secure option.

Are you Muslim from a Pakistani background?
Reply 8
Tell your family to **** off and be with the guy you love :h:
Reply 9
Original post by RobML
What kind of age are you?

I'm 21.

We come from completely different backgrounds including different beliefs,cultures, upbringing etc. We just somehow hit off.
Reply 10
I'm 21.

We come from completely different backgrounds including different beliefs,cultures, upbringing etc. We just somehow hit off.

It sounds like the barriers between you are artificial and deliberate i.e. created by your parents
Aren't you old enough to have some leeway with them?
Just few subtle places I can think of atm- in a book / inside a big soft toy (although you would have to cut a small hole in the toy) / behind a picture in a picture frame.
Are you Muslim from a Pakistani background?

Was it really that obvious?

Original post by drowzee
Tell your family to **** off and be with the guy you love :h:

We had a good time and were In love but tbh thinking back I don't think we were well matched and had too many differences to make it work long term, but that's maybe because things just became too stressful.

Original post by Kerbo

Lol sounds like an idea. I might try it.
Was it really that obvious?

We had a good time and were In love but tbh thinking back I don't think we were well matched and had too many differences to make it work long term, but that's maybe because things just became too stressful.

Lol sounds like an idea. I might try it.

Kinda and it's something people of that background do go through. I've been in a very similar situation myself so if you want a chat, my PMs are open :smile:
Kinda and it's something people of that background do go through. I've been in a very similar situation myself so if you want a chat, my PMs are open :smile:

Sure. Are you Pakistani?
Sure. Are you Pakistani?

Indeed I am and I had to hide letters just like you did :mmm:
a cashbox under the bed or a safety deposit box
Bury them in the soil
Any more suggestions??
Reply 19
Original post by Kerbo

thats like the first place someone looks when they search for something or go through your stuff :lol:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending