The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Why would they be giving offers this early?
Unless you already have the grades.

Am I missing something here?...
Original post by Questioness
Why would they be giving offers this early?
Unless you already have the grades.

Am I missing something here?...

Offers can be made at any stage. Plenty of people have offers already.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1482
Original post by fastturtleneck
Haha for real we could've really become schoolmates in the future! I'm still waiting for my reference to be done but actually I couldn't really decide between a few unis. I'm predicted A*AB with further maths B

I'm thinking:
Durham/ UCL PPE (A*AA)
Edinburgh Politics,Econ and social history (AAA - A*AA)
York PPE (A*AA)
UEA PPE (ABB)
Royal holloway PPE (ABB)

I'm not really into London life but Durham hasn't been very friendly lol so idk what to choose. I'm hoping to nag my teacher to give me a higher predict, but as of now are my choices a bit risky?

I'm international btw :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Your choices aren't risky as long as you've got a solid personal statement and reference! It's good to have a couple of aspirational ones as well as some more achievable ones as well, if I was you I would maybe consider somewhere like Manchester instead of Durham/ UCL especially if you aren't feeling either of those options; however both are achievable :biggrin:
Where abouts internationally?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by DanArthur
I have received offers from Manchester and Nottingham at Economics . Still waiting for UCL , LSE and Bristol to reply . What about others who have applied to those 3 ? Did you receive offers yet ?

I have applied economics in Manchester too. What's your predicted grades? I sent my UCAS off on last Monday but heard nth yet
Original post by XxsciencemathsxX
Got an offer to study Maths (MMath) from Bath yesterday! :smile:

That's great well done! How long did it take for them to reply and what are your predicted grades?
Now got acknowledgements from my top 2 uni(Swansea+UEA) ughhh i want an offer so bad
Original post by Oceana Liang
I have applied economics in Manchester too. What's your predicted grades? I sent my UCAS off on last Monday but heard nth yet

Well , I am from Romania and we have a different system ( grades are from 1-10 , you can also think it as from 1% to 100% ).
I got predicted 95% as the overall grade of my last exam , with 90% in Romanian Language , 100% in Math and 95% in Computer Science.
I think that would be an A*AA in the british system ( not sure ).
1st Year Politics Undergrad here, so I sent in my application last year.

I got my offers in the following dates, having sent off my application on 13th November.

1. York- 16th November- conditional
2. Loughborough- 16th November- conditional
3. Lincoln- 17th November- unconditional if accepted as first choice
4. Essex- 19th November- conditional
5. Lancaster-30th November- conditional. It was annoying that it was the last one to reply as it was the one I was most desperate to hear from as I really wanted to get in. Luckily, this is now my university.

It honestly depends. Three of my friends applied to Durham and didn't hear back until March. One was for medicine, the other two for biology but I understand that it is because it is fairly prestigious.

In terms of Oxford applications, I think it may have been February/March time, as those who got interviews obviously had to wait for those to be assessed before they got an offer.
Does anyone think that asking for predicted grade of AAB when I got BBB as results is unreasonable and would I be able to get into unis with AAA entry requirements
Who's excited for another anxiety-ridden week?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
Original post by jamestg
Who's excited for another anxiety-ridden week?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Woooooo :five:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1491
Applied to Oxford, Imperial, UCL, Durham, Exeter for computer science. Ain't really expecting fast offers. :biggrin:
Original post by RelfTE
Your choices aren't risky as long as you've got a solid personal statement and reference! It's good to have a couple of aspirational ones as well as some more achievable ones as well, if I was you I would maybe consider somewhere like Manchester instead of Durham/ UCL especially if you aren't feeling either of those options; however both are achievable :biggrin:
Where abouts internationally?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm from Hong Kong! Thanks for the advice! I may still have to consult my teachers about the choices but it all seems like a long shot anyway, esp UCL. I wish I had just applied to oxford lol

Good luck for obtaining offers! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by DanArthur
Well , I am from Romania and we have a different system ( grades are from 1-10 , you can also think it as from 1% to 100% ).
I got predicted 95% as the overall grade of my last exam , with 90% in Romanian Language , 100% in Math and 95% in Computer Science.
I think that would be an A*AA in the british system ( not sure ).

Thought it wonderful to see one fellow Romanian, but to see you're also from Timisoara!! Where have you applied to/what course?
Another week of waiting and pestering teachers at my sixth form, to complete my reference, approve my application and send it off to Ucas.the long wait.
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
Swansea? That's like a last resort kind of uni for Econ because they ask for like BBB, Or you could do Reading or Exeter?

Kent for Economics BBB if u have a level math or ABB without and they're pretty decent as well.
Applying for:

Economics - Nottingham
Economics with Industrial Experience - Exeter
Economics with Placement - Surrey
Economics with Year in Industry - Loughborough
Economics with Year in Industry - Kent

Predicted Grades: A*AA-A*A*A (Mathematics, Economics, Business Studies, and Extended Project).

Finished my personal statement and everything on UCAS Application, waiting for school to write reference and confirm predicted grades and send it off!
(edited 7 years ago)
Has anyone received any biomedical science/ biology offer some yet?
I hoped I'd get offers quickly since I'm applying with achieved grades Better than the entry requirements.
I'm applying for chemical engineering

Manchester- AAA
Lancaster AAB
Edinburgh-ABB
Heriot-watt- BBB
Birmingham- A*AA

My predicted grades are AAB does anyone think i am overreaching by applying to these unis i already know Birmingham overreaching
Original post by ConicalFlask
Has anyone received any biomedical science/ biology offer some yet?
I hoped I'd get offers quickly since I'm applying with achieved grades Better than the entry requirements.

I received offers from York and Queen Mary for Neuroscience(similar to biomedical science...lol)
Where did you apply?:smile:

Latest