The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Moogle679
That's great well done! How long did it take for them to reply and what are your predicted grades?

I applied on the last Friday of September and got an offer the following Wednesday! My predicted grades are A*AA* (the A in further Maths (our school won't predict A* for further maths)! Are you looking to apply for Maths then? And where?
Applied to Cambridge, Imperial College, Loughborough, UCL and Warwick. Application handed in on 10/10/16, sent on 13/10/16.
Got 1 offer (Warwick, AAA) and 2 interviews (Imperial and Loughborough) in the space of about a week.
Cambridge will take a while as interviews aren't until December
but UCL should hopefully send a response soon.
I've got A*A*A*A predictions, going for chemical engineering if it matters.
Original post by Grace_Cong1998
I received offers from York and Queen Mary for Neuroscience(similar to biomedical science...lol)
Where did you apply?:smile:

Oxford, Durham, York and Bath, all for biomedical science :tongue:
Reply 1503
Has anyone applied for psychology courses and received any offers?
Anyone got any offers for engineering yet? I sent of my UCAS a week ago and haven't heard anything so I'm starting to stress a bit...
I received offers from York and Queen Mary for Neuroscience(similar to biomedical science...lol)
Where did you apply?:smile:

Hiya, if you don't mind me asking how long did it take York to offer you a place? I've applied for neuroscience and psychology there :smile:
Original post by Kimberlymegsx
Hiya, if you don't mind me asking how long did it take York to offer you a place? I've applied for neuroscience and psychology there :smile:

After a week receiving their acknowledgement:smile: It won't be long I think.
Good luck:h:
Original post by Hannahbobanna
Anyone got any offers for engineering yet? I sent of my UCAS a week ago and haven't heard anything so I'm starting to stress a bit...

Only from Birmingham, no one else yet for me
Original post by XxsciencemathsxX
I applied on the last Friday of September and got an offer the following Wednesday! My predicted grades are A*AA* (the A in further Maths (our school won't predict A* for further maths)! Are you looking to apply for Maths then? And where?

That's a shame they don't predict A* for Further Maths, it looks like you'd deserve it based on the others! Yeah I'm looking to do MMath/MSci for maths too, I am applying to Bath, Bristol, Imperial, Exeter and Nottingham, which others did you apply for?
Original post by SayoniRoy
Only from Birmingham, no one else yet for me

Where else have you applied? I'm Imperial, Bath, Bristol, Manchester and Queen Mary's.
Has anybody had any primary education offers? Preferably from Northumbria, Leeds Becket, york st johns , sunderland or stirling
Original post by debs20153
I'm applying for chemical engineering

Manchester- AAA
Lancaster AAB
Edinburgh-ABB
Heriot-watt- BBB
Birmingham- A*AA

My predicted grades are AAB does anyone think i am overreaching by applying to these unis i already know Birmingham overreaching

People recommend that you apply to one "unrealistic" uni, two or three unis around your predicted grade standard and one below your predicted grade so you have a good mix. I'm also applying for Chemical Engineering at three of the unis you chose + UCL and Imperial.
Any offers from Durham/Exeter/St Andrews/KCL for politics/economics/international relations?
Our school is sending everyone's off this week, the same time as Oxbridge. One of my friends has applied to Cambridge and Glasgow and she's already got an offer from Glasgow for psychology the day after she sent it
After a week receiving their acknowledgement:smile: It won't be long I think.
Good luck:h:

Congrats! What are your predicted grades?:smile:
Original post by timster32
People recommend that you apply to one "unrealistic" uni, two or three unis around your predicted grade standard and one below your predicted grade so you have a good mix. I'm also applying for Chemical Engineering at three of the unis you chose + UCL and Imperial.

Which ones and do you think this follows that sort of thinking
Anyone got offers from Reading, Swansea or Westminster yet? If so, what grades/predicted grades do you have?
Original post by Kilear
Applied to Oxford, Imperial, UCL, Durham, Exeter for computer science. Ain't really expecting fast offers. :biggrin:

What are your predicted grades?
Any physics offers?
Reply 1519
Original post by NatoHeadshot
What are your predicted grades?

A*A*A*A Maths/Further Maths/Physics/Economics. But Oxford also wants MAT paper and I have no idea what sort of score they are looking for - I am getting 80+ in past papers.

Latest

Trending

Trending