The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by IdeasForLife
Wa'alaykumasalaam.

Sometimes it can be. At other times not so much. For example Iran and Assad openly murder 1000s of Muslims, so we know that we Muslims should oppose them at every instance. That was why I always quoted a user when he posted Iranian propaganda in here. No mercy to that sort of rubbish in an Isoc lol. Although I didn't really see that as politics, I just saw it as defending the blood of Muslims.

Shaykh Haitham did his job well. Allahuma barak lahu.

No but seriously JZK for sharing it and bugging me to watch it. It opened my eyes.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by mkap
i didnt say it was a good thing. i meant it in the context that the media make saudi out to be some oppressive country when in some places its liberal.

Oh right, I misunderstood "chill" as in good chill and not as relaxed chill lol

Hahaha but now people can be jealous that they won't get it
Wa'alaykumasalaam.

Sometimes it can be. At other times not so much. For example Iran and Assad openly murder 1000s of Muslims, so we know that we Muslims should oppose them at every instance. That was why I always quoted a user when he posted Iranian propaganda in here. No mercy to that sort of rubbish in an Isoc lol. Although I didn't really see that as politics, I just saw it as defending the blood of Muslims.

Shaykh Haitham did his job well. Allahuma barak lahu.
Everyone killed by the rebels has been a Muslim you just dont call them Muslims because they dont follow your sect. We should condem all the killing. Why do you only condemn some of it? There are sunnis fighting for the government you know. Are you Syrian?
Original post by AbdulALI
Iranians are Muslims although they're deviant, and remember 85% of Assad's army is Sunni Muslim...
Iranians arent deviant just different.
Original post by YouHaveProblems
Hahaha but now people can be jealous that they won't get it

Lol you can't have everything :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Salaam, how is everyone?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Enginerd.
Salaam, how is everyone?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wassalams
Not good :frown:, trying to go without caffeine today (just water) and the headache has already set up and it is not even afternoon yet!
(I have a bad energy drink addiction :redface:)
Original post by HAnwar
No but seriously JZK for sharing it and bugging me to watch it. It opened my eyes.

Posted from TSR Mobile

BarakAllahi Feeki. I look forward to the day when people start calling you sectarian for your politics on the Isoc.
Original post by mashbbk
Wassalams
Not good :frown:, trying to go without caffeine today (just water) and the headache has already set up and it is not even afternoon yet!
(I have a bad energy drink addiction :redface:)

It'll take time to break an addiction. Just need to concentrate on other things when it gets difficult.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I personaly believe that the US is in it for its own interests...

- To break the 'Shiite Alliance' (Assad, Iran, Hezbollah) which is also in the interest of the Sunni Golf States (namely Saudi Arabia and Qatar) as well as Israel.

- To please its No.1 ally Israel including the legitimisation of the annexation of Syria's Golan Heights by the Israelis post Assad.

AND NOT BECAUSE IT SYMPATHISES WITH THE SYRIANS/MUSLIMS.

Agreed.

Although I have no clue about the Golan Heights thing.

+1 too many 'accidents' to be accidents.

It reminds me of all the drone strikes they do in Pakistan.
Original post by h333
Exactly. But people don't see this. Like I am from a country that has been in war for decades now and back home they have been through hell because of all this politics. You know why because Islam is not being implemented properly and because of others interference for their own interest. However, they have, are and will get away with it by using their power. They show themselves to be civilised but are doing the most uncivilised actions behind the scenes.

Do you know that some troops purposely intimidate people in villages and accuse them of being terrorists when those poor people have no idea and live in fear. Some even have got shot without any proof. They have destroyed many lives like this yet they will call themselves "civilised" and remain prideful because they are from the west.

:frown: there is so much to say tbh, but most won't even believe. Sorry for going too deep.
Assalaamu Alaykum.

I think in the case of the US, a lot of Muslims do realise it and they don't trust them one bit. Yh I agree, the political game is dirty. It's such a joke in Pakistan too. But I also hold the people responsible for voting for corrupt parties again and again.

Yh. I've heard of US soldiers carrying spare rifles, if sometimes they killed a civilian, they'd put the rifle next to the body in order to make it look like they killed a Taliban fighter or something. Some of them in Iraq would give sweets to kids because they realised that there was less chance of Muslims attacking them whilst children were around their vehicles ( ex-US army soldiers themselves said this).

It's fine, dw.
Wa'alaykumasalaam.
Salaam, how is everyone?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wa'alaykumasalaam. Doing good alhamdulillah. Hows uni?
Abu Dharr (May Allah be pleased with him) reported:
The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said to me, "Shall I tell you the expression that is most loved by Allah?" It is 'Subhan-Allahi Wa Bihamdihi' (Allah is free from imperfection and His is the praise)'."
[Muslim].
Imam Ibn al Qayyim:

”The people of the Qur’aan are those who read it and act upon it, even if they haven’t memorised it.”

Zaad al-Ma’aad, V.1 Pg.327

Posted from TSR Mobile
That is a really sad argument in my opinion, especially when I hear Muslims say it. What they're basically saying is that Muslims are so barbaric or backward that they can't possibly hope to form a proper country, so the Muslims need a iron fist dictator in charge who will keep them in check.

How does opposition to dictatorship work from an Islamic perspective? I take it then you must also be opposed to a Caliphate as that would imply Muslims are barbaric or backwards and couldn't possibly function under a democracy like non-Muslims and instead Muslims need a dictatorship to keep them under control?
Original post by The Epicurean
How does opposition to dictatorship work from an Islamic perspective? I take it then you must also be opposed to a Caliphate as that would imply Muslims are barbaric or backwards and couldn't possibly function under a democracy like non-Muslims and instead Muslims need a dictatorship to keep them under control?

Taking my comments about people like Bashar Assad or Muamar Gaddafi and disingenuously applying them to a just caliphate is stupid. Try again.
(edited 7 years ago)
Wa'alaykumasalaam. Doing good alhamdulillah. Hows uni?

Settling in, but these 9 am starts. :facepalm::tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Settling in, but these 9 am starts. :facepalm::tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

How many hours a week do you work?
Taking my comments about people like Bashar Assad or Muamar Gaddafi and trying to disingenuously apply them to a just caliphate is stupid. Try again.

You raised issue with people claiming Muslims need a dictatorship. The only issue you raised in that post was that people seem to think Muslims are so backwards that they can only function under a dictatorship. Maybe you might want to elaborate your point here because it is confusing. So are you saying Muslims can function perfectly well under a democracy and that a dictatorship of any form is not needed?

Latest

Trending

Trending