The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
Original post by Alex347_
Hi, I got my EPQ result today and I got an A*. I'm not here to boast; I thought many of you might like to ask some questions about the qualifications.

I can offer you the best help at [email protected][/QUO

i seem to be emailing you but it keeps saying failed to send the message?
How can I plan an EPQ essay on how Cancer affects the quality of life of a patient?
Original post by Epq.d.2016
How can I plan an EPQ essay on how Cancer affects the quality of life of a patient?

I very much doubt you can write a 5000 word report with that (if your with AQA)
Reply 183
Can anybody help me really quickly??????????????
If I copy and paste a whole article from a website and reference it and comment on the article for the epq is it still plagirising??
Reply 184
Hi, I got my EPQ result today and I got an A*. I'm not here to boast; I thought many of you might like to ask some questions about the qualifications.

I can offer you the best help at [email protected]

I need help picking a topic!!!! I want it to be based on biology or psychology, preferrably both but it needs to be interesting. I'm already v behind because i had to redo my EPQ intro twice bc of dual creditation. I'm really struggling and would appreciate your help!!

Hi, i was wondering how many pages your epq was? and how many sources you used?
Hi, I got my EPQ result today and I got an A*. I'm not here to boast; I thought many of you might like to ask some questions about the qualifications

Hi, do you think that doing an EPQ on the science behind zombies is a good idea or isit too risky? Do you have any other recommendations for an EPQ topic for someone interested in doing medicine?
Hi,

Thanks a lot!

Well quite a few of us in our class, including me had the same problem- other work just seemed to get in the way of EPQ a bit, especially since our school did not have timetabled lessons and my supervise literally lost interest in me after the first meeting! I just did a few hours when I could; it is reccommended that you spend 3 hours per week on the project, but that is unrealistic and rarely happens. I'd say I probably spend a few solid days on it and just edited it in frees and on the weekends. But the EPQ as you'll have realised is not an easy ride and so it does require a significant amount of time.

In terms of general advice, one thing I would definitely say is do not ignore the Production Record/Log! This is worth more than the essay itself, make it very detailed, make it very clear and just generally write it as if your examiner does not have a clue how you formulated your essay. Gloss yourself up, but also make sure you reognise and write about your weaknesses; they like you to show how you overcame challenges, they don't expect that a 5,000 word essay should have been an easy ride for a 16-18 year old. The second thing I'd say is definitely use notes. Do not do what I did and sit there, writing up your project with 10-15 books on the table- condense the quotes and important parts into notes. Also make sure to evaluate sources, I did mine in the footnotes with some reference to validity in the main body. Again, go into a lot of detail with source analysis. A related point is to use many sources- if you think you don't have enough sources, just find the smallest point in another source and reference it.

If you have any more questions please ask.

Hey mate,

I'm doing my EPQ on Pakistan's Economic Outlook and Challenges it Faces; kind of close to finishing like my first full draft, but I am on 7300 words and my teacher said not to go over 7500 words at the max - about the reflection of sources and their validity, do you have to do that within the essay? or can you do it separately? I have A LOT of sources, and is everything in the footnotes taking into account for the word count?

Thanks
Just got my EPQ back, I've got a U. :s-smilie:

pls help me
Original post by ZAINS11KING
pls help me

what do you need help with?
Reply 191
Original post by azizadil1998
Just got my EPQ back, I've got a U. :s-smilie:

for real?
Original post by rjbull
for real?

Nah i just love chatting sh*t ngl LOL; I'm predicted an A* and have written like 7,100 words and have about 30 sources + 2 interviews and have LITERALLY spent more time than anyone in my school and everyone asks me how I did it xD Hopefully it was all worth it and I get an A* in the end (as long as my presentation goes well apparently), and I get that AAA instead of A*AA offer from Bath cause of this :colondollar: are you doing one as well?
Reply 193
Nah i just love chatting sh*t ngl LOL; I'm predicted an A* and have written like 7,100 words and have about 30 sources + 2 interviews and have LITERALLY spent more time than anyone in my school and everyone asks me how I did it xD Hopefully it was all worth it and I get an A* in the end (as long as my presentation goes well apparently), and I get that AAA instead of A*AA offer from Bath cause of this :colondollar: are you doing one as well?

I am planning to do one over the christmas holidays but have no idea where to start and how to fetch sources. Could you help me with some pointers and how you chose a topic?
Original post by rjbull
I am planning to do one over the christmas holidays but have no idea where to start and how to fetch sources. Could you help me with some pointers and how you chose a topic?

Well first of all tell me off your ahead what really sparks your interest, and remember it doesn't have to be school related. Choose something you're willing to spend time on abs want to genuinely learn more about :smile:
Hey, can you explain how to write a literature review? And do you have an example? Thanks.
Original post by colesale8
Hey, can you explain how to write a literature review? And do you have an example? Thanks.

Do it for ur main sources; name of source, type/nature, published/written, author, reliability summary (like 2/3 sentences) e.g. i have 50 sources so ill do it for 20-25
Do it for ur main sources; name of source, type/nature, published/written, author, reliability summary (like 2/3 sentences) e.g. i have 50 sources so ill do it for 20-25

How do you make your dissertation flow? I feel like my topic is pretty big! its about dietary fat and how it affects cancer rates
Original post by veganavb
How do you make your dissertation flow? I feel like my topic is pretty big! its about dietary fat and how it affects cancer rates

Big and dietary fat :tongue: jk; and you mean how I structure it?

Firstly I made an essay plan of course, put all the bullet points, and to some extent this was for the sake of writing one because it helps me remember the thing when I write it down + I looked at it like a couple of times when I forgot what to write but main reason was first lol.

Anyways, for my actual essay, before I just kind of started writing randomly I guess - showed it to my economics teacher and was told i should make it flow better; so I added sub headings to each point I was making e.g. mine was on Pakistan's economy so there were different sub headings about positive economic indicators, "what does the data mean?", etc, if you get what I'm saying! Also, made sure to link each of the points i was talking about, and had a "conclusion" for each point like I said the implication for each of the arguments I was making so if I talked about something bad in the economy, I would say what it meant, and then tried to link it to the next point I was going to make.

Make sure to include a contents page, with page references + a sentence summary of each sub heading you're going to make.

If you want you can have a look at mine?? Can PM it to you or something
I don't think theres a problem in collating information and doing just secondary research. However, what have you set like the overall aim of your project to be, what do you want to find? That's what counts really.

Also, you could do primary research for this by emailing academic people like university professors, this counts as an interview and can greatly help you!

Latest

Trending

Trending