The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Dumbledore'sArmy
Hi all! I haven't seen a Cardiff Dentistry thread being made,so I thought I'd start one for us.

I had hoped this thread can be a support centre and discussion for those who have applied for the Carsiff entry, over the coming months.

All the best! X

Wow !!! We both have same kitty pics !!! :smile:
Reply 2
Hi, I've applied to Cardiff too! do Cardiff rely on GCSE's a lot because I only have 2A*'s, 7A's, B & C but have A*AA predictions for A Level?
Original post by shahida sulaiman
Wow !!! We both have same kitty pics !!! :smile:

Haha yes we do! 😋
Original post by rosh2201
Hi, I've applied to Cardiff too! do Cardiff rely on GCSE's a lot because I only have 2A*'s, 7A's, B & C but have A*AA predictions for A Level?

I hope so haha- I have lower GCSE's than you 😅

Where are you guys applying from? I'm from Cardiff:smile:
Reply 4
Applying from Lancashire 👀 Thank God Cardiff don't look at the UKCAT much :biggrin:
Reply 5
I'm applying from London ☺️ I heard Cardiff can be quite Gcse heavy tho
Reply 6

Yeah loads of people have like 5+ A*s
Reply 7
I only have 2...do they account if you went to a state school in the bottom 40% of the country?
I'm applying to Cardiff too! I heard the uni looks really nice, sadly I won't have the chance to visit. I'm happy they are not UKCAT heavy cuz I flopped my UKCAT 😂😂 I live in London ^^
I only have 2...do they account if you went to a state school in the bottom 40% of the country?

You might want to email the dentistry admissions tutor explaining your situation because I know that some unis have a minimum amout of GCSEs they want applicants to have done
Reply 10
Original post by kp0pfan21
I'm applying to Cardiff too! I heard the uni looks really nice, sadly I won't have the chance to visit. I'm happy they are not UKCAT heavy cuz I flopped my UKCAT 😂😂 I live in London ^^

What did you get in the UKCAT
Original post by cshuayb
What did you get in the UKCAT

I got an average of 613 & band 2 in SJT
Reply 12
Im from northern ireland and have applied - ukcat 640 - do they use SJ as i got a 1?
Original post by cshuayb
Applying from Lancashire 👀 Thank God Cardiff don't look at the UKCAT much

Hey welcome! Yes, thank GOD! I flopped on the UKCAT, but i'm praying to God for this chance to study dentistry at Cardiff

I'm not very sure about their requirements for GCSE's. My GCSE's are not very good at all.

Yes, i think they do! For example I came from Cathays High School, a high school in Cardiff that counts as bottom 40%. However it doesn't play a huge part in the choosing process for applicants. Hope that helps. Also you might want to email them just incase they may consider that.

Original post by 17rac19
Im from northern ireland and have applied - ukcat 640 - do they use SJ as i got a 1?

I'm not sure if Cardiff look at individual scores for UKCAT. However, if they do STJ 1 is very good well done! I got STJ 2. Good luck :smile:
Hi guys, hope everyone is well.

How's everyone A2 studies going?

Has anyone received replies for any universities?
Reply 15
Original post by Dumbledore'sArmy

I'm not sure if Cardiff look at individual scores for UKCAT. However, if they do STJ 1 is very good well done! I got STJ 2. Good luck

I'm pretty sure it's only for 'tiebreak' situations
Hia! I got an offer for Dentistry last year from Cardiff but because of some medical problems I wasnt able to take my exams. I was able to keep my offer and I'm doing my exams this year and hopefully getting the grades to go to Cardiff for 2017 entry. If you guys have any questions about anything just ask! ☺️ Good luck
Reply 17
Original post by dafydd888
Hia! I got an offer for Dentistry last year from Cardiff but because of some medical problems I wasnt able to take my exams. I was able to keep my offer and I'm doing my exams this year and hopefully getting the grades to go to Cardiff for 2017 entry. If you guys have any questions about anything just ask! ☺️ Good luck

Ah that is good that they let you keep your place, I would love to go to Cardiff they seem really well organised. When was your interview last year?
Original post by 17rac19
Ah that is good that they let you keep your place, I would love to go to Cardiff they seem really well organised. When was your interview last year?

Yeah was bit of a process but was so happy and relived! At the end of January. I know a few people who are studying Dentistry at Cardiff and they really enjoy it. I think it helps with the workload being such a demanding course :smile:
Hey guys, I applied to Cardiff too! If anyone visited, just wanted to know what you thought about the university? I looked at the website and it looks really nice :smile:

Latest