The Student Room Group

York University Interview Process

Hi, I just joined this website so I'm sorry if I take a while to understand how this works!

I am really interested in York University and I am seriously considering putting it as my first choice however I am very nervous as I've heard the odd comment that their interview process is quite 'weird' and it is very difficult to do really well? I don't know if it is usually that bad or if it's just an average interview experience. If anyone has been to an interview with York university or knows of someone else's experience I would very much appreciate some answers to either settle my nerves a bit or prepare me for a particularly difficult interview if I am offered one. Thank you :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Kira Lister
Hi, I just joined this website so I'm sorry if I take a while to understand how this works!

I am really interested in York University and I am seriously considering putting it as my first choice however I am very nervous as I've heard the odd comment that their interview process is quite 'weird' and it is very difficult to do really well? I don't know if it is usually that bad or if it's just an average interview experience. If anyone has been to an interview with York university or knows of someone else's experience I would very much appreciate some answers to either settle my nerves a bit or prepare me for a particularly difficult interview if I am offered one. Thank you :smile:

For which course?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Law, at undergraduate level :smile:
Reply 3
Law, at undergraduate level :smile:

I've moved your post to the Law forum :smile:
I'd be curious to know aswell. I know that they do interviews - not sure about how it actually is though. Great idea with this thread.
Reply 5
Original post by jneill
I've moved your post to the Law forum :smile:

thank you!!
Reply 6
Original post by Conceited
I'd be curious to know aswell. I know that they do interviews - not sure about how it actually is though. Great idea with this thread.

thank you!! :smile:
thank you!! :smile:

Nothing's come to fruition yet out of the thread. We could try (well, you could) emailing the university about it perhaps?
Reply 8
Nothing's come to fruition yet out of the thread. We could try (well, you could) emailing the university about it perhaps?

yeah good idea! it's only a new thread but it's just been moved by someone to the Law section of the website which might help in getting a reply. If not then we could email York uni, I'm not really sure what to say though? Interviews are a while away but I guess it's good to think ahead haha
yeah good idea! it's only a new thread but it's just been moved by someone to the Law section of the website which might help in getting a reply. If not then we could email York uni, I'm not really sure what to say though? Interviews are a while away but I guess it's good to think ahead haha

Just introduce yourself and ask something like 'I'm interested to know about the format/structure of the interviews and any other information regarding it' - anything enquiring about it will do. Other than that it's a case of waiting to see who responds. good luck
Just introduce yourself and ask something like 'I'm interested to know about the format/structure of the interviews and any other information regarding it' - anything enquiring about it will do. Other than that it's a case of waiting to see who responds. good luck

yeah, thanks a lot that's really helpful. I'll wait a while because interviews are a while away and some people might comment on here but if I do get any information from them via email I'll share it in the thread :smile:
yeah, thanks a lot that's really helpful. I'll wait a while because interviews are a while away and some people might comment on here but if I do get any information from them via email I'll share it in the thread :smile:

glad it's sorted:smile:
Reply 12
Mine is legit in 2 days and I'm quite worried, I haven't really prepared :s-smilie: argh
Original post by Its_Tito
Mine is legit in 2 days and I'm quite worried, I haven't really prepared :s-smilie: argh

How did your interview go? I had mine today too
Original post by alba1357
How did your interview go? I had mine today too

it wasn't terrible, but I feel like I could've done better :biggrin: I fell in love with the actual uni tho so I really hope it was alright...how was yours?
The interview is so fine, had mine yesterday. The person interviewing you knows nothing about your personal statement and so they don't ask you anything about that, they literally only know your name.
The questions are alright really, the final question is always a bit of a weird one that it's quite hard to think about on the spot, but there are no wrong answers so it's not too bad! x
Original post by Its_Tito
it wasn't terrible, but I feel like I could've done better :biggrin: I fell in love with the actual uni tho so I really hope it was alright...how was yours?

Yeah I feel I could've done better too.. But it wasn't bad; now it's the waiting game:colonhash: how soon do they start giving offers after the interview?
Reply 18
What were the questions like?
(If you're allowed to share them)
Original post by alba1357
Yeah I feel I could've done better too.. But it wasn't bad; now it's the waiting game:colonhash: how soon do they start giving offers after the interview?

They said hopefully within 4 weeks :biggrin: but christmas period...Good luck!

Quick Reply