The Student Room Group

ECAA Economics Admissions Test, Help???

So I've been using past TSA papers for the Problem-Solving section, however I was wondering how to revise the Advanced Maths section?

I have looked at the MAT and STEP, however the style of these questions is very different to the ECAA as its not multiple choice and the level of maths is far harder.
Reply 1
My teacher told me that the MC part of MAT would be enough to prepare the ECAA advanced math section.STEP 2 would be way too hard comparing with the ECAA.
Reply 2
Original post by Ericwu
My teacher told me that the MC part of MAT would be enough to prepare the ECAA advanced math section.STEP 2 would be way too hard comparing with the ECAA.

Oh right, cheers, I didn't realise there was a MC section in the MAT. I'll take a look at that then.
Reply 3
Original post by Raventtt
use surrey uni past papers to revise

???
Reply 4
Original post by Raventtt
use surrey uni past papers to revise

Sorry if I didn't make it clear, the ECAA is Cambridge's admission test.
Reply 5
Original post by AnonEcon
Oh right, cheers, I didn't realise there was a MC section in the MAT. I'll take a look at that then.

Yeah but I also noticed that there are some points in the ECAA syllabus which are not included in the MAT. So it is still suggested to take a look at the ECAA syllabus. <3
Try these maths questions as some of the questions on here appear on the ECAA maths section http://www.admissionstestingservice.org/for-test-takers/test-of-mathematics-for-university-admission/preparation/
Screen Shot 2016-10-27 at 16.56.41.png
Best way of doing this anyone (from the test of maths on ATS), no explained answers and I can't figure it out.
Reply 8
Original post by finnerz1999
Best way of doing this anyone (from the test of maths on ATS), no explained answers and I can't figure it out.

I think you find the range of x values which satisfy those two inequalities and wherever they overlap is the length of the interval
Reply 9
Original post by finnerz1999

draw out the y=sin2x and y=tanx graphs, and see which choice works for both inequalities
I find this website helps a lot for this sort of stuff if your stuck; https://www.desmos.com/
(edited 7 years ago)

do trial and error, it can't be 20 otherwise the mean can't be 0. next try 8, the sequence -12,-12,8,8,8 has all the properties therefore this is the answer

This is on the ECAA Specimen Explained Answers

Quick Reply

Latest