The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVIII

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Sabertooth
You've probably answered this on here before (sorry, crappy memory); are you seeing a counselor/psychologist/someone you talk to?

I would recommend writing down each of these things and telling yourself that you will discuss them with someone. I find it difficult to block out these kind of thoughts too but if you tell yourself that, in the near future, you'll entertain them then it makes it (for me at least) more able to get on with what I was doing.

Haha I'm not sure I've talked about it so much around here actually. I saw two counsellors in school when I was like 13/14, nothing since then. The first called me names, and the second said I just wanted attention :laugh: I know they're not all like that, but I just didn't feel like counselling was for me. I can talk about my problems all day, but I need a lot more guidance and stuff than that. I haven't seen a psychologist or anything. My GP gave me medication and just made sure it agreed with me for a couple months, and I've always dealt with it through him. I do plan on going and asking for a referral to someone in a few weeks though. I know I need to see someone at this point, I just need to make sure I actually do it. That's a really good idea though, I'll have to note it all down. I'm terrible for forgetting information when I need it so at least I'll be able to refer back to it as well :tongue:
Original post by furryface12
Does anyone have any experience of IPT? Got my first session on tuesday and don't really know what to expect, I know nothing about it and really ill physically at the minute which doesn't help. I'd never even heard of it before they offered it to me so just said yes :s-smilie:

Feel like I've asked this before but can't for the life of me find it so sorry if anyone replied! Hope people are doing as okay as possible

Hi, sorry! I saw you asked this when you'd heard about it and I meant to reply, but it completely slipped my mind! I haven't had it myself, or heard a massive amount about it, but from what I hear it can be quite helpful. I spoke to someone once, and they said it was like making links between things and there was a lot of focus on relationships as well. I hope you get on well! Sorry to hear you're unwell :frown:
Watching Greys Anatomy and i've started feeling stupid waves of anxiety.
****s sake, thought i was over this right now.
Keep hearing people call my name over and over again. And they are strangers because they keep calling me Francesca, and my normal voices never call me that, they usually call me Cesca, like everyone does, so I don't know who these people are. And I went to the gym today and nearly threw up in my fitness class, and I saw a woman on one of the rowers who so looked like my mother, and my head is just ****ing with me, and I don't know what to do, I'm just sitting here listening to music trying to drown it all out, and talking to Ethan, but my head hurts and so do my eyes, and they won't shut up.
Original post by chelseadagg3r
Hi, sorry! I saw you asked this when you'd heard about it and I meant to reply, but it completely slipped my mind! I haven't had it myself, or heard a massive amount about it, but from what I hear it can be quite helpful. I spoke to someone once, and they said it was like making links between things and there was a lot of focus on relationships as well. I hope you get on well! Sorry to hear you're unwell :frown:

Don't worry! Yeah that's pretty much what I've heard. Will give it a go and see what happens, hopefully it'll help a bit. Thanks, CFS sucks but you know that as well as I do :/ hope you're doing okay, thanks for the reply
Sleep isnt happening again.

Feeling quite low and not going to be seeing anyone (socially or physically) for 2 days and kinda dont want to be alone with thoughts/vision things for 2 whole days.

Not sure what to do anymore.

Posted from TSR Mobile
My lecture this morning is on suicide and self-harm. I don't get triggered easily but this will be awkward.

Hugs to all btw :hugs:*
:cry2:
Had a complete meltdown for first time in ages. Feel absolutely, completely and spectacularly **** :frown:
One of my cats is away to the bet again regarding that lump I mentioned a few weeks ago :cry2: I'm a nervous wreck :cry2:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Spock's Socks
One of my cats is away to the bet again regarding that lump I mentioned a few weeks ago :cry2: I'm a nervous wreck :cry2:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Fingers crossed hopefully everything is okay and he gets on well :console:
Original post by Spock's Socks

Posted from TSR Mobile

:hugs: :console: I'm sure it'll be ok. Just remember that it's for the good of their health that the vet checks them over.
Fingers crossed hopefully everything is okay and he gets on well :console:

Original post by Airmed
:hugs: :console: I'm sure it'll be ok. Just remember that it's for the good of their health that the vet checks them over.

Thank you both :hugs:

The lump has gotten a little bigger and changed from round to kind of oblong and there seems to be another little lump next to it. I'm not taking any chances so Callan's at the vets with him now and I'm waiting at home with the rest of the cats and eagerly awaiting an update :frown:
@Kindred bit of an odd request but could you clear your inbox please? Asking for someone else who'd like to reply to you :smile:
Had a complete meltdown for first time in ages. Feel absolutely, completely and spectacularly **** :frown:

:jumphug: xxx

:console: my inbox is always open. Hope you're feeling a bit better :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Sorry I'm not replying to or comforting people on here. Things are a bit grim this end (am safe though - dw). Gonna phone nurse tomorrow to try and get emergency appt :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by iEthan
:jumphug: xxx

:hugs:

:console: my inbox is always open. Hope you're feeling a bit better :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks, might take you up on that at some point :redface: same offer to you, hope you're doing alright and college is sorting out a bit

Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Sorry I'm not replying to or comforting people on here. Things are a bit grim this end (am safe though - dw). Gonna phone nurse tomorrow to try and get emergency appt :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hope that wasn't me :s-smilie: am around if you want to talk at all

Hope that wasn't me :s-smilie: am around if you want to talk at all

Most definitely not you - I broke myself, dw :tongue: Hard to explain without explaining the whole back story, but the jist of it is that I appear to be reliving/going through the motions of my Oxford breakdown again, in spectacular fashion :redface:

:lovehug:
I'm struggling. I'm not sure if it's the government or a relapse due to stopping the clozapine, but something isn't right. I feel scared to tell my CCO and psychiatrist about what's going on for fear of section. I've been in hospital 17 times now, I can deal with it (I hate it though) but I don't see how I can do well at uni if a) I can't go to lectures b) they either take my laptop away from me in hospital or won't let me have the charger so can only study for a few hours a day. I really want a distinction this year for my masters. I'm in such a conundrum.

On a positive note, I've been thinking of 'coming out' as mentally ill to my course mates soon. I feel it's the right time and the right people to do so. Maybe not publicly on faceboook or anything just yet, but still, a step.

Latest