The Student Room Group
The Quad, Middlesex University
Middlesex University
London

Sharing accomidation at Unite Olympic way with my boyfriend.

My and my boyfriend would like to share, however my parents are extremely strict and would never allow this. I was planning on keeping it secret until I found out the gurantor sees all the documents. Its not the price thats a problem, just the fact Id be living with my boyfriend. How do I hide this from my parents, because im guessing when i go to sign the papers the person there will mention im sharing with my boyfriend. The only other thing i could think of was private accomidation that's not through MDX. And i think the person handling the accomodation would find it quite amusong of i asked them not to mention im living with my boyfriend haha😅
Original post by Horsecrazi1
My and my boyfriend would like to share, however my parents are extremely strict and would never allow this. I was planning on keeping it secret until I found out the gurantor sees all the documents. Its not the price thats a problem, just the fact Id be living with my boyfriend. How do I hide this from my parents, because im guessing when i go to sign the papers the person there will mention im sharing with my boyfriend. The only other thing i could think of was private accomidation that's not through MDX. And i think the person handling the accomodation would find it quite amusong of i asked them not to mention im living with my boyfriend haha😅

Hello,

What I would advise you to do is talk to your parents. It would save you from having to deal with all these things. Additionally, they might come to visit you and they would eventually find out about it anyways. It is important that your parents trust you.

Additionally, the halls allow to have guests but the two of you cannot live permanently in the same room. It is mainly for safety reasons.You might ask to the halls office if they have any spare room.
However, some private accommodations require only one guarantor for the property regardless the number of tenants living there.

Anyways, I really think that in case your parents would be very reluctant towards it, you and your boyfriend could rent different places and visit each other often. That would be pretty much the same as living together.

Hope it helps and let me know if you have any other questions

Ludovica (Mdx Graduate and Rep)
(edited 7 years ago)
The Quad, Middlesex University
Middlesex University
London

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending