The Student Room Group

Got my first part time permanent job today, AMA

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Blackstarr
How much do you get paid an hours and how old are you?

21, my maximum weekly hours is 16 :smile:
Reply 41
Just got my payroll number and NEP! :smile: so excited haha

My start date is the 26th :smile: after my induction
Reply 42
Original post by chelseadagg3r
Congrats! What are you most excited for?

I'm honestly excited about everything! I feel so happy as it's a permanent contract! I know it's just maximum 16 hours a week but better than £0 I'm already getting :smile:

It's even better as it's Next and they're very strict in July and December which makes me feel better. This shall improve my CV to as I managed to bag a permanent contract part time as my first job. Even better as it's with Next!

This is officially my first job :smile:
Reply 43
Original post by Theplace
GL let use know how it goes!

Will do :smile: my start date is the 26th lol
Original post by Ishax

I'm honestly excited about everything! I feel so happy as it's a permanent contract! I know it's just maximum 16 hours a week but better than £0 I'm already getting :smile:

It's even better as it's Next and they're very strict in July and December which makes me feel better. This shall improve my CV to as I managed to bag a permanent contract part time as my first job. Even better as it's with Next!

This is officially my first job :smile:

Woo! Is it a max 16 hour contract, or just 16 hours? If the latter, you'll be able to take on overtime when you want it :smile: People put their shifts onto the 'marketplace' online, and you can snap them up if you want. It's really good!
Reply 45
Woo! Is it a max 16 hour contract, or just 16 hours? If the latter, you'll be able to take on overtime when you want it :smile: People put their shifts onto the 'marketplace' online, and you can snap them up if you want. It's really good!

Yes it's maximum 16 hours, but I can do overtime. I also study full time and I'm a second year so I don't need want it to affect my studies. If that makes sense? :smile:
Original post by Ishax
Yes it's maximum 16 hours, but I can do overtime. I also study full time and I'm a second year so I don't need want it to affect my studies. If that makes sense? :smile:

Yeah, I get what you mean. It's good for if you have time off though, because there's always shifts up there. It means you can offer up some of yours as well if you can't do them
Reply 47
Yeah, I get what you mean. It's good for if you have time off though, because there's always shifts up there. It means you can offer up some of yours as well if you can't do them

Exactly, I'll be working 3/4 days a week. As I'm in uni for 3 days :smile:
Original post by Ishax
21, my maximum weekly hours is 16 :smile:

Ok

How much do they pay you per hour?
Reply 49
Ok

£6.95 :smile: national minimum wage lol
Original post by Ishax
£6.95 :smile: national minimum wage lol

Ok
Original post by azizadil1998
Oh 2nd year university? I just flopped hahah - I'm in Year 13, changed from a private school to a state school in Sutton, Surrey as I moved and I see so many people in my year who attempt to balance academic, social, and work life in Year 13 which I really find pointless and stupid (unless they really need the money).

That's not a problem for so many people. I'm in year 13 and I have a job, so many other people in my school have job, and it's not a problem for anyone?
Original post by MiracleLeaf
That's not a problem for so many people. I'm in year 13 and I have a job, so many other people in my school have job, and it's not a problem for anyone?

Depends what kind of job you do though - most people in my school try to balance it but doesn't work because most jobs will be in retail with relatively long hours. Where'd you work (i dont mean specific place lol)? Also depends on how academically rigorous your subjects are so of course it will be fine for some people.
Original post by azizadil1998
Depends what kind of job you do though - most people in my school try to balance it but doesn't work because most jobs will be in retail with relatively long hours. Where'd you work (i dont mean specific place lol)? Also depends on how academically rigorous your subjects are so of course it will be fine for some people.

I work in retail and I take biology chemistry and German, so fairly rigorous 😂
Original post by MiracleLeaf
I work in retail and I take biology chemistry and German, so fairly rigorous 😂

Fair enough well done to you! But again depends on the person, you might have more energy than others lol:smile:
Reply 55
Ok

I just checked my Next employee portal and I'm being paid £7.11 an hour not £6.95! It's above minimum wage. So good! :smile:
Reply 56
Being paid £7.11 an hour woowooo! 😃🎉
Original post by Ishax
I just checked my Next employee portal and I'm being paid £7.11 an hour not £6.95! It's above minimum wage. So good! :smile:

cool.:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending