The Student Room Group

Should I move to a different sixth form college because of an exam board?

The sixth form college I am at now does AQA a level maths However, even though everything is straight forward, I don't actually like the exam board and I prefer Edexcel because of the exam structure. Is this a good enough reason to move? Should I stick it out?
Do you feel it will make a significnat difference to your grade/
Do you have another sixth form lined up who will take you/
Reply 2
Original post by 999tigger
Do you feel it will make a significnat difference to your grade/
Do you have another sixth form lined up who will take you/

Yeah in some ways, I feel like Edexcel is slightly easier than AQA TBH.

Yes I have another sixth form lined up, they told me to email them my GCSE grades.

What do you think?
Original post by MajorFader
Yeah in some ways, I feel like Edexcel is slightly easier than AQA TBH.

Yes I have another sixth form lined up, they told me to email them my GCSE grades.

What do you think?

Its really your decision. If it was me I would be doing a detailed pros and cons.

Distance from school, how friendly, quality of teaching etc.

Go to the place where you think you will get the best grades. feeling slightly easier doesnt sound like much. Your choice.
Reply 4
What do you think?

I think it's too late in the year to be pissing about with this nonsense. What about your other subjects??
Reply 5
Original post by IWMTom
I think it's too late in the year to be pissing about with this nonsense. What about your other subjects??

They are fine. 🖕🏾
No exam board is (I think) is easier considering it's A-Level all of my subjects have had to switch exam boards also. Just a suggestion but is it because your used to that one particular style of exam??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
They are fine. 🖕🏾

So you're quite happy to move to another sixth form and cause inconvenience to your other subjects for the sake of an "easier" exam board (which honestly, is a bit of BS; the content is the same)????
Reply 8
Original post by IWMTom
So you're quite happy to move to another sixth form and cause inconvenience to your other subjects for the sake of an "easier" exam board (which honestly, is a bit of BS; the content is the same)????

Sorry, did you not see the finger? 🖕🏾
Reply 9
Sorry, did you not see the finger? 🖕🏾

You asked for our opinion, and I gave you mine - what did you expect??
Original post by IWMTom
You asked for our opinion, and I gave you mine - what did you expect??

Okay, you have given your opinion, and I am grateful for it. Bye now 👋🏾.
Reply 11
Okay, you have given your opinion, and I am grateful for it. Bye now 👋🏾.

Bahahaha, salty af you are
Original post by IWMTom
Bahahaha, salty af you are

I'm good 😊.
Hi

It depends on the college you want to move to. Is it a better college? If so it might be worth it.
Original post by Datalwo
Hi

It depends on the college you want to move to. Is it a better college? If so it might be worth it.

I mean yes and No in a way. It means that if I was to move there, there will Ben no freendom as such because it Is a stricter sixth form.
I mean yes and No in a way. It means that if I was to move there, there will Ben no freendom as such because it Is a stricter sixth form.

Stricter can be a good thing. If you like that idea and are organised and willing to work hard it might not be a bad idea.

Quick Reply

Latest