The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE 2017 Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 280
Original post by gmahapatra
What are the Bs and Cs in, and 42 is one of the top marks for IB right? I'd say your odds are good

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes, they want 39 IB points, but I am so worried about my GCSEs! So my A*s are in Mathematics and English Language, the C is in English Literature and the rest are in everything else. However, I am not English and did not know the language before I came here for my GCSEs....my teachers wrote this in the reference and I am now predicted a 7 in English A, however I am not sure if LSE will take it into consideration...
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Original post by iKali
Yes, they want 39 IB points, but I am so worried about my GCSEs! So my A*s are in Mathematics and English Language, the C is in English Literature and the rest are in everything else. However, I am not English and did not know the language before I came here for my GCSEs....my teachers wrote this in the reference and I am now predicted a 7 in English A, however I am not sure if LSE will take it into consideration...

Your GCSEs shouldn't disadvantage you then, and your IB really makes up for things! So you'll be fine, LSE takes in holistic applications

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 282
Hey does anyone know when approximately will we receive the 8 weeks email OR has anyone received the email?

Many thanks for your reply in advance :smile:
Original post by Heheboy
Hey does anyone know when approximately will we receive the 8 weeks email OR has anyone received the email?

Many thanks for your reply in advance :smile:

They will first send a 2 weeks email. The 8 weeks one is after that. (based on what I remember from last year).
Last year many early applicants got an offer on the last week of their internal deadline (31st of March), so the wait can be very long for many people.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by negatron
What did you get for AS and alevel??

Got AABC at AS and AAAA at A-level!
Iv received the acknowledgement email and the inititial review email but I haven't been asked for my ums. I got the initial review on the 10th oct should I be worried??
Original post by patelvinai
Iv received the acknowledgement email and the inititial review email but I haven't been asked for my ums. I got the initial review on the 10th oct should I be worried??

What's the initial review email? What does it say?
Original post by TheRandomGenius
What's the initial review email? What does it say?

'Your application is currently under initial review. We conduct this preliminary assessment holistically.Once this stage is complete your application will either require further assessment by the Admissions Selector, or you will receive a decision on your application.'
Original post by patelvinai
'Your application is currently under initial review. We conduct this preliminary assessment holistically.Once this stage is complete your application will either require further assessment by the Admissions Selector, or you will receive a decision on your application.'

I got the exact same email for business maths and stats. At 5 today.
Anyone know when offers start coming from LSE? Esp. for history.
Original post by Caedite eos
Anyone know when offers start coming from LSE? Esp. for history.

I applied joint history and government and they still said 8-12 weeks.
Hi,

Applying for A&F
GCSE's: 2A* 6A 3B 1C
As: AAAB In Geography, Economics, Business Studies and Biology respectively.
Predicted A*AA
My only concern is that I don't have A-Level maths although on the website it does say it isn't essential. Therefore do meet their GCSE Maths requirement which is an A.

Does anyone how many students per year are accepted onto the course without A-Level maths?

Thank you for your help!! :smile:
Original post by AD490995
Hi,

Applying for A&F
GCSE's: 2A* 6A 3B 1C
As: AAAB In Geography, Economics, Business Studies and Biology respectively.
Predicted A*AA
My only concern is that I don't have A-Level maths although on the website it does say it isn't essential. Therefore do meet their GCSE Maths requirement which is an A.

Does anyone how many students per year are accepted onto the course without A-Level maths?

Thank you for your help!! :smile:

Applying for the same course and I'm in the same situation as you (no maths).
I think it all depends on your PS. If you have a true interest for the course and you can show it, I think it's realistic to say maths doesn't matter.

Source: from an email which i asked them on about admissions for the A&F:
'In 2015/16 we receive 1,851 applications for 120 available spaces.'
I don't know the stats for percentage of students doing A-level maths but working it out from Which? University, 92% of applicants had A-level maths. Which means 1700 applicants out of 1851 had maths.

It basically means you don't need it but it is a fairly quantitative degree compared to other universities.
Original post by Lanthum
Applying for the same course and I'm in the same situation as you (no maths).
I think it all depends on your PS. If you have a true interest for the course and you can show it, I think it's realistic to say maths doesn't matter.

Yes I agree!!
Out of interest what were your AS grades and predicted A2 grades if you don't mind me asking?
Original post by Ze Witcher
Source: from an email which i asked them on about admissions for the A&F:
'In 2015/16 we receive 1,851 applications for 120 available spaces.'
I don't know the stats for percentage of students doing A-level maths but working it out from Which? University, 92% of applicants had A-level maths. Which means 1700 applicants out of 1851 had maths.

It basically means you don't need it but it is a fairly quantitative degree compared to other universities.

Ok. Thank you very much. :smile:
Yes I agree!!
Out of interest what were your AS grades and predicted A2 grades if you don't mind me asking?

EU student here, so no AS/A2 .
Aprox. 9.75 average grades last 3 years of high school. At the end of this year I will take an exam and the equivalent for AAA is at least 9. I expect to get at least 9.3
I would seriously think about applying to A&F without maths. You will be at a serious disadvantage in my opinion.
Has anyone been asked for UMS yet? And do LSE ask for UMS in any ASs you've taken or just Maths?
Original post by ♥Samantha♥
Has anyone been asked for UMS yet? And do LSE ask for UMS in any ASs you've taken or just Maths?

Yes they asked me yesterday, and i was like sheeet, why not.

Quick Reply

Latest