The Student Room Group

GCSE Art is the bane of my existence.

What on earth was I think when I picked It urghh, the Homework and Coursework is so stressful, at first it was fun drawing, I like art but GCSE Art has made me start despising it, I swear to God if I get one more Homework I'll rip my hair out. I warn all of you in Year 9 FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, STAY AWAY FROM ART.

I like Art but the Exam Board has broken my spirit. Gonna have to pull an all nighter today urgh, as I got two letters home, as me and many other people in my class need to catch up.
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

I understand your pain.
The amount of all nighters I had to pull to get the damn coursework done in time for my teacher.
Oh and the amount of lunch times I had to spend in the art department to finish a painting. :redface:
YOU'LL FEEL SO FREE WHEN YOU'VE GOT IT ALL DONE THO.
Reply 2
Original post by Pentaquark
I understand your pain.
The amount of all nighters I had to pull to get the damn coursework done in time for my teacher.
Oh and the amount of lunch times I had to spend in the art department to finish a painting. :redface:
YOU'LL FEEL SO FREE WHEN YOU'VE GOT IT ALL DONE THO.

Yeah urgh have to go in tomorrow Break, lunch and Afterschool. I'm not giving up yet.
Omg i remember staying up till 7am doing art work, the pain and endless amounts of Mock the Week i watched is astounding! But it was so damn worth it in the in getting that A* and 297/300 marks :smile:
Reply 4
i chose art textiles and know exactly how you feel!! i have a full course work for the 2nd project and an a01 for the 3rd project hand in tomorrow. im sooo screwed.
Reply 5
I felt your pain. It really makes you hate something you thought you enjoyed. Glad I got the A* and have never drawn/painted anything since :redface:
Reply 6
Original post by retro_turtles
Omg i remember staying up till 7am doing art work, the pain and endless amounts of Mock the Week i watched is astounding! But it was so damn worth it in the in getting that A* and 297/300 marks :smile:

Original post by sazriah
I felt your pain. It really makes you hate something you thought you enjoyed. Glad I got the A* and have never drawn/painted anything since :redface:

Difference is guys I'm not getting A or A* I'll be lucky if I get a C because with me when I become less and less interested my quality starts to decline and I rush, my work is rlly sh*te now, but maybe I can go back and redo some artwork.Its just I need TIME! Time time time, the one thing that can't be brought.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Popsiclez
Difference is guys I'm not getting A or A* I'll be lucky if I get a C because with me when I become less and less interested my quality starts to decline and I rush, my work is rlly sh*te now, but maybe I can go back and redo some artwork.Its just I need TIME! Time time time, the one thing that can't be brought.

i had redo most of my work in year 11 because it wasn't enough and didn't have enough detail, you'll get there i'm sure of it!
The feeling when you can't even draw :frown:
Reply 9
i had redo most of my work in year 11 because it wasn't enough and didn't have enough detail, you'll get there i'm sure of it!

Ok what did you mostly use for your coursework Paint, waterpaint, oil patels or what? I think I should invest in better supplies.
Reply 10
Original post by Rhythmical
The feeling when you can't even draw :frown:

I can draw its the painting bit that I'm sh*te at.
I can draw its the painting bit that I'm sh*te at.

But I can't draw :frown:
Reply 12
Tomorrow Im gonna nip out to WHSMith and by painting supplies and Hopefully go back over my sh*t stuff, its not gonna be easy but I need all the GCSEs I can get.
Ok what did you mostly use for your coursework Paint, waterpaint, oil patels or what? I think I should invest in better supplies.

Watercolour, biro, fineliner and pencil crayons mostly. Ocassionally charcoal or oil pastels. I don't think at gcse it doesn't matter too much about materials aslong as you use 4 different types to be safe.
Reply 14
Watercolour, biro, fineliner and pencil crayons mostly. Ocassionally charcoal or oil pastels. I don't think at gcse it doesn't matter too much about materials aslong as you use 4 different types to be safe.

Thanks though I'm probably gonna use acrylics as waterpaint scares me, do you know what the lowest grade for Art GCSE in your class is? I wanna prepare myself for when I fail.
Thanks though I'm probably gonna use acrylics as waterpaint scares me, do you know what the lowest grade for GCSE in your class is? I wanna prepare myself for when I fail.

Nobody failed in my class, even the people who were 'okay' at art got atleast a C and i'm sure you're better than them
lol
staying up till 7am

omg...I only stay up till 11:00 pm and idc if I have art hwk or not.Sleep for me is important or I'll be moody for the rest of the day.
The only reason i took art is bc I enjoy it & you don't have to write SO MUCH for it like other subjects like Sociology etc..
btw how did your final piece look like?
Original post by tamil fever
omg...I only stay up till 11:00 pm and idc if I have art hwk or not.Sleep for me is important or I'll be moody for the rest of the day.
The only reason i took art is bc I enjoy it & you don't have to write SO MUCH for it like other subjects like Sociology etc..
btw how did your final piece look like?

i feel better on a couple of hours every night tbh and well my final piece was based on an artist who did postcards so i did a collage of like 15 postcard sized pieces that all fit together to make one thing
Hahah i almost forgot how much of nuisance art was. It a shame all that hard work equated to a B.

Spoiler

Quick Reply

Latest