The Student Room Group

How old were you when you first used TSR?

Scroll to see replies

I think I was about 19.

Old compared to you lot!
Original post by Tiger Rag
I think I was about 19.

Old compared to you lot!

Ditto:P
16 because I was stressed about a list of case studies that I needed for my GCSE geography exam. TSR delivered, but it obviously didn't help because I ended up with a C:biggrin: Kept here by MHoC and some of the entertaining drama that happens in the other sections tbh.
I first ised it at around 16 i think?
Made an account at 17 to find help with my bullying at college.
Then made a friend or two and im still here now!
I was 14!

Original post by BurstingBubbles
I think I was 16 or 17, looking at exam threads for AS level and information for UCAS applications. Once I finished A levels and had got my place at University I used it more for a social purpose, as I had got to know users and the Support Team :h:

I remember when you did your A-levels, and now you're in your final year! :eek:
14-15 my google searches directed me here lol
I actually signed up when I was 17, but didn't start posting until July of this year at 18. :smile:
14-15 I think but it was on and off now I'm on TSR all the time
Original post by Black Rose
I was 14!

I remember when you did your A-levels, and now you're in your final year! :eek:

Do you remember what you signed up for when you were 14? :smile:

I know right! :shock: Time has gone so quickly - it will happen just as fast for you too :yes:
This isn't my first account. I first joined when I was 15 to seek help with my GCSE exams. Over the two years, I have found some genuinely nice people here. :h:
How old were you when you first used The Student Room? This might have been before you signed up and created an account. Why did you sign up at that age? What has kept you to keep using TSR since? :smile:

I think I was 16 or 17, looking at exam threads for AS level and information for UCAS applications. Once I finished A levels and had got my place at University I used it more for a social purpose, as I had got to know users and the Support Team :h:

Bubbles… you're making me feel too young, again. :bawling:

I started using it when I was 13, then I got an account, then I lurked and now I'm here. :colondollar:

Signed up at 14 because I wanted to rep someone and I couldn't. :blush:
Do you remember what you signed up for when you were 14? :smile:

I know right! :shock: Time has gone so quickly - it will happen just as fast for you too :yes:

I think I was looking for useful stuff in the summer before starting GCSEs and TSR came up a lot in google searches, but didn't join until I started Year 10. :tongue:

Time is already going so quickly :moon:
14 :dry:

I'm 20 now...
17. Probably would have joined earlier if I'd known it was here, I was into forums so that'll be why I signed up. I've been a user of various forums since about the time UKL first became TSR, so if I'd known about it I'd've probably joined.

There was another site I was a member of called TPU (Teen Programmers Unite) that I joined in like 2002, would have stayed until I was asked to leave if the cretin that took it over hadn't gone "hey forums suck we should have a mailing list instead" in about 2005. Nobody came back after that.
Read a load of posts on here when I was fourteen (and possibly even when I was thirteen or even younger, I just don't remember the site specifically), and then signed up when I was fifteen (last year).

Only recently have I become more active, though.
Reply 34
16/17 - needed A-level maths mark schemes. Google always led me here, decided to sign up for some reason then liked the site after a few months and hence got active.
I remember reading threads when I was about 14 or so, I was kind of intrigued to read stuff by people who were doing courses I was interested in aspiring to and feeling impressed and a little awed by some things.
Original post by the bear
11... i had to wait a year before going up to Cambridge so started posting on here*

11?! You were supposed to be enjoying your childhood at that age! Do you mean 21?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by honour
11?! You were supposed to be enjoying your childhood at that age! Do you mean 21?

i was enjoying my childhood.

Quick Reply

Latest