The Student Room Group

How would most Muslims react if a Muslim girl got married to a non-Muslim?

Scroll to see replies

A muslim woman should not marry a non muslim dude.
If i had a friend in that situation ill give her simple advice. You can go find amother spouse or be accountable for your actions in the next life.

A man can easily persuade a woman to fall into the traps of the shaytan, and vice versa. This is why it is best to find a spouse who is a practical muslim and not those muslims who are by name.

Tell your friend to make dua. Sincerely ask Allah for guidance. She is going through a life changing moment.

May Allah keep us all steadfast in the deen.

Posted from TSR Mobile
personally, I don't see any problem with this as islam to me is about acceptance and tolerance and as long as he is a good man and doesn't try to pressure her into changing her own religion then I'd see it as being perfectly fine.

Unfortunately, I think most of the muslim community (particularly the older and more traditional generation) would see it as forbidden because there was a law against muslim women marrying non muslim men in the times when islam was first practiced. However what people don't understand that the reasoning behind this rule was purely for protecting what was essentially a new and initially endangered religion: these women would've been put under pressure to abandon islam and would've been more at risk than muslim men because women were considered to be subservient to their husband's will by the culture of that time. Muslim suffered great persecution in Saudi Arabia when Islam was first introduced and so life could've been very difficult for a muslim women who married a non-muslim. Muslim men could, on the other hand, marry non muslim women because they would not have been put under the same pressure.

Nowadays, this pressure doesn't exist (at least not to anywhere near the same extent) and so I don't think this rule would still apply. But inter-faith marriages are quite rare in our culture and considered taboo by many still. Your friend likely will suffer backlash from her community and I can understand why she would be scared. I think that this is more a problem of clashing cultures rather than clashing religions, but feel free to disagree with me. :smile:
Original post by Anonymous
Will she burn in hell?

That's for God to decide. In my opinion no, as it's just one thing out of many.
Original post by HAnwar
Lol must be a troll. She can't be that ignorant.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Babe I'm not. Why do you ppl label anyone who disagrees with you a troll (?)
Original post by showmethat
It's not valid islamically. That's a fact. Stick to your beliefs if you want but don't call them Islamic beliefs because they contradict Islam:
"O ye who believe! When there come to you believing women refugees, examine them: Allah knows best as to their Faith: if ye ascertain that they are Believers, then send them not back to the Unbelievers. They are not lawful for the Unbelievers, nor are the Unbelievers lawful for them."

Your marriage is not valid Islamically. The Quran directly states that Muslim women cannot marry non-Muslim men. You are 100% wrong I'm afraid.

You to your Islamic beliefs and to me mine. My marriage is both valid islamically and legally and there's nothing you can do to change that.

We can marry non muslim men and I'm married to one
Original post by Mnahel Saleem
personally, I don't see any problem with this as islam to me is about acceptance and tolerance and as long as he is a good man and doesn't try to pressure her into changing her own religion then I'd see it as being perfectly fine.

Unfortunately, I think most of the muslim community (particularly the older and more traditional generation) would see it as forbidden because there was a law against muslim women marrying non muslim men in the times when islam was first practiced. However what people don't understand that the reasoning behind this rule was purely for protecting what was essentially a new and initially endangered religion: these women would've been put under pressure to abandon islam and would've been more at risk than muslim men because women were considered to be subservient to their husband's will by the culture of that time. Muslim suffered great persecution in Saudi Arabia when Islam was first introduced and so life could've been very difficult for a muslim women who married a non-muslim. Muslim men could, on the other hand, marry non muslim women because they would not have been put under the same pressure.

Nowadays, this pressure doesn't exist (at least not to anywhere near the same extent) and so I don't think this rule would still apply. But inter-faith marriages are quite rare in our culture and considered taboo by many still. Your friend likely will suffer backlash from her community and I can understand why she would be scared. I think that this is more a problem of clashing cultures rather than clashing religions, but feel free to disagree with me. :smile:

Exactly, preach it brother. Islam is a religion that must be adapted to the times you live in.
Many wouldn't care I'd imagine, unless they're particularly devout.
Mother is Pakistani (Was Muslim)
Father is White British (No Religion)
=
Me (No Religion)
= Happy
= No One will care lol
(edited 7 years ago)
For the marriage to be halal, the non-muslim partner must convert to Islam. There's nothing more or nothing less to it. The girl would be committing a massive sin if she was to marry a Christian.
Exactly, preach it brother. Islam is a religion that must be adapted to the times you live in.

"Adapted to the times you live in" , Said the Islamic reformer lmao.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Shahbaaz
Mother is Pakistani (Was Muslim)
Father is White British (No Religion)
=
Me (No Religion)
= Happy
= No One will care lol

Ofcourse when an asian pakistani marries a white man , she worships him. Ya know asians love being white right ? :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 51
Babe I'm not. Why do you ppl label anyone who disagrees with you a troll (?)

Astagfirullah are you denying what's written in the Quran?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Think People
Ofcourse when an asian pakistani marries a white man , she worships him. Ya know asians love being white right ? :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

no not particularly , My Mothers Step Father was white.
Original post by HAnwar
Astagfirullah are you denying what's written in the Quran?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Astaghfirullh I'm not. It doesn't say it applies to all time and a poster already explained that it made sense back then to protect Muslims who were a minority's but it is of no relevance now.
Original post by Think People
"Adapted to the times you live in" , Said the Islamic reformer lmao.

Posted from TSR Mobile

How is this meant to be funny (?)
Reply 55
Astaghfirullh I'm not. It doesn't say it applies to all time and a poster already explained that it made sense back then to protect Muslims who were a minority's but it is of no relevance now.

What so do you pick and choose what you want to follow from it, or do you completely disregard it and think it's a book of the past?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 56
Even though i am not as religious, I believe you should be able to marry who you please, you shouldn't have to worry about the opinions of other people but focus on what's best you and your partner.
Original post by HAnwar
What so do you pick and choose what you want to follow from it, or do you completely disregard it and think it's a book of the past?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I look at the Quran holistically and see what is relevant to today's society and what isn't. What's the point in following rules blindly without thinking about them when they might not even concern your personal situation or circumstances (?)
What happens if she does commit the 'sin'? Will she be burnt at the stake?
Reply 59
I look at the Quran holistically and see what is relevant to today's society and what isn't. What's the point in following rules blindly without thinking about them when they might not even concern your personal situation or circumstances (?)

Oh YOU look at the Quran and see what's relevant and what's not.
Sorry didn't realise we had a sheikh on TSR.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending