The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Lúcio

The fact is that we were missing 2 of our midfield 3 and still matched you. That says a lot to me.

Are we gunna act like we weren't missing Martial and Mhki? If we had their quality in our attack we would have slapped you
Original post by Rk2k14
You made a couple good passes through our defence but they were swiftly dealt with.

Face it, Klopp got Mourinho'd.

All I'd say is that without Wijnaldum and Lallana, we played an awful game of football. Therefore to get a point against a side like United (even at home) isn't the worst result in the world.

I'll take it all day long.
Original post by Lúcio
All I'd say is that without Wijnaldum and Lallana, we played an awful game of football. Therefore to get a point against a side like United (even at home) isn't the worst result in the world.

That was the plan:wink:
Original post by Dirtybit
Are we gunna act like we weren't missing Martial and Mhki? If we had their quality in our attack we would have slapped you

If you had them in your side, you would've been more attacking and played completely in to our hands.

Mourinho had his defensive gameplay and it worked perfectly. Martial and Mhki were of no use to you today whether they were fit or not.

If we played Mata and Carrick we would have probably slapped them as well but we would be a bit more open
why is mkhitaryan not playing at all?
is he still injured?
did he piss of mou and he does not want to play him?
Original post by trapking
If we played Mata and Carrick we would have probably slapped them as well but we would be more a bit more open

If you were more open you would've lost. Not even in question...
Reply 4067
Original post by zKlown

This man is very angry.

Na, I may get very angry on Sunday, but this was the ideal result personally. I thought you'd probably draw anyway.

I still think early days with United but you're in need of a consistent threat in attack that wins you games.

Original post by Lúcio

Problem is that so will United.
Original post by Lúcio
If you had them in your side, you would've been more attacking and played completely in to our hands.

Mourinho had his defensive gameplay and it worked perfectly. Martial and Mhki were of no use to you today whether they were fit or not.

Brb Martial & Mkhi off the bench for Ibra & Rashford last 20 minutes; Counter attack 1-0 slapped GG Goodnight.
Original post by SA-1
Absolutely world class performance from Pogba for far.

MOTM for me already.

This is why I love you.

sa-1's sass >>>
Reply 4070
This game reminds me of the Chelsea Arsenal emirates matches where he played Oscar up top personally.
More optimistic about the Chelsea game. Obvious threat is Hazard but they look suspect defensively.
Zlatan better get his **** together.

Zlatan vs Luiz:biggrin:
Original post by bammy jastard 27
Problem is that so will United.

Difference is that we're 3 points clear after playing some disgusting opening fixtures.
Reply 4073
Original post by Rk2k14
More optimistic about the Chelsea game. Obvious threat is Hazard but they look suspect defensively.
Zlatan better get his **** together.

Zlatan vs Luiz:biggrin:

We actually don't look suspect though and Hazard ain't even our main threat, he goes in and out of games too often this season. Main threat is clearly Costa and also how we have the option of going two up top. Moses also is a big threat and how your midfield responds to the Kante-Matic holding pairing.

You also have us playing a 6 man midfield against your 5 and hurting you guys in wide areas(when you like to camp the middle).
I would take that result, although slightly left feeling for more in terms of the performance that could have resulted in a win. Herrera, Blind, Valencia were brilliant - the former Bilbao man was everywhere and he might not be the tallest or fit the archetypal Mourinho man but his energy and tenacity is endearing.

Zlatan and Pogba were poor and didn't take control of the game but that could be down to the strategy yet with Pogba you expect more especially as he was in a role devoid of major defensive responsibilities.

We couldn't lose today but this gives us confidence going into the Chelsea match.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah I'm not happy with Ibra so far
Brb Martial & Mkhi off the bench for Ibra & Rashford last 20 minutes; Counter attack 1-0 slapped GG Goodnight.

But would of already been 2-0 up by the time Martial & Mkhi came on :P
More importantly, Martial's girl took her insta off private
Mourinho 1 - 0 Klopp.
Reply 4079
Funnily enough Herrera is exactly the mould of a Mourinho midfielder. He's not small(considering Mourinho's used the likes of Makalele/Essien who are smaller players than him and Alonso is literally 1 cm taller than Herrera), he puts himself about and on top of that he has technique to boot. I think he provides balance alongside somebody like Fellaini as he can cover Fellaini as well as create chances when on the ball, while complimenting the physical nature of Fellaini.

Yeah he may not be black and bulky but he's exactly what Mourinho looks for in a midfielder imo.

I think Pogba's fast becoming a problem, but him alongside Ibra for me is where he'd play best.
(edited 7 years ago)

Latest