The Student Room Group

Speech and Language therapy 2016

Scroll to see replies

There is a freshers group on Facebook for anyone going to Newcastle.
Original post by gscott10
Hi everyone, it's so great to see a 2016 discussion already! I'm in my second year at the University of Manchester so if anyone has any questions then feel free to ask! Good luck :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hello, I have applied for Speech and Language Therapy at the University of Manchester for 2017 entry and have just heard back from them to invite me for an interview. They have only given me a date and a time as information about the interview so I was wondering if you might be able to let me know what to expect! Many thanks in advance, Harriet :smile:
Hi! I'm applying for 2017 entry, can anyone advise me on how long it takes unis to send out interview invitations? I applied on the 12th October and I'm already so impatient! I'm particularly interested in DMU - it's my dream uni, so any advice there would be greatly appreciated :smile:
Original post by Akate500
Hi! I'm applying for 2017 entry, can anyone advise me on how long it takes unis to send out interview invitations? I applied on the 12th October and I'm already so impatient! I'm particularly interested in DMU - it's my dream uni, so any advice there would be greatly appreciated :smile:

In past years invitations for interview tend to start coming from mid November time
Reply 944
Hi,
I have my interview for university of Manchester soon, I was just wondering if you can give me any hints or tip on what to research for the interview and what kind of things I'll be doing
Reply 945
Hi,
I have my interview for university of Manchester soon, I was just wondering if you can give me any hints or tip on what to research for the interview and what kind of things I'll be doing
Reply 946
Hi all ! As my youngest child is starting school next September I'm putting the wheels in motion for the 2018 intake on this course ie: access course once he starts, volunteering/work experience , personal satement, UCAS, ideas of childcare i would need etc etc. I came to the open day yesterday and have spoke to some helpful people on the phone. To get a feel for the course and an idea of childcare needed would somebody be able to upload to here a copy of the 1st year SLT timetable? Obviously I wouldn't want any personal details on it but it really would be helpful. Thank you xx
Original post by RandR
Hi all ! As my youngest child is starting school next September I'm putting the wheels in motion for the 2018 intake on this course ie: access course once he starts, volunteering/work experience , personal satement, UCAS, ideas of childcare i would need etc etc. I came to the open day yesterday and have spoke to some helpful people on the phone. To get a feel for the course and an idea of childcare needed would somebody be able to upload to here a copy of the 1st year SLT timetable? Obviously I wouldn't want any personal details on it but it really would be helpful. Thank you xx

It would have been helpful to say which universities you were thinking of applying to as they will have different timetables. It is no use me posting Newcastle's timetable if you have no intention of applying there.
hello all! Would anyone kindly give me any advice for BCU interviews, that is if I get one😂 I applied on the 30th of November and haven't heard anything back yet, it is still early days so I am not too worried yet!
Reply 949
Hi i want to go BCU aswell for Speech and language therapy, i was wondering how does the interview process go and what happens?
Hi, Im applying for SLT starting 2017. Ive applied for DMU, Strathclyde, Manchester, Sheffield and Leeds Beckett. I have had a DMU and a Manchester interview, with an offer from DMU but nothing heard back from Manchester yet, when would be a usual time to hear from them? Thank you xxx Also wondering if anyone was on the DMU interview starting from 2pm on the 30Th November because all the girls who were in my group were so lovely and i would love to see how they are getting on with applications etc.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by elsbeth.annie
Hi, Im applying for SLT starting 2017. Ive applied for DMU, Strathclyde, Manchester, Sheffield and Leeds Beckett. I have had a DMU and a Manchester interview, with an offer from DMU but nothing heard back from Manchester yet, when would be a usual time to hear from them? Thank you xxx Also wondering if anyone was on the DMU interview starting from 2pm on the 30Th November because all the girls who were in my group were so lovely and i would love to see how they are getting on with applications etc.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Manchester usually notify everyone at the same time after all interviews are finished rather than making offers as they go along. I applied in 2014 and we weren't told till the end of March - think it's been a bit earlier the last couple of years but still around Feb/March time.

They may have changed it this year though - who knows! Didn't they give any hints at the interview?

Good luck and well done on your offer from DMU (I didn't apply there).
Original post by AmyPilot
Manchester usually notify everyone at the same time after all interviews are finished rather than making offers as they go along. I applied in 2014 and we weren't told till the end of March - think it's been a bit earlier the last couple of years but still around Feb/March time.

They may have changed it this year though - who knows! Didn't they give any hints at the interview?

Good luck and well done on your offer from DMU (I didn't apply there).

Thanks very much, no Manchester were incredibly formal with the process and said February would be the main time people were contacted

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hello! I've applied for Birmingham city speech and lang therapy and have got an interview! Was just wondering what they asked you and what the format of the day was like? Thanks!!!!:smile: (maybe see you soon)
I had my interview last week and have received an offer, so perhaps they've changed things this year?
I had an offer from Manchester yesterday so maybe the process has changed?
Original post by elsbeth.annie
Thanks very much, no Manchester were incredibly formal with the process and said February would be the main time people were contacted

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone got their City of London uni interview next week? I've got mine on monday!
Original post by AmyPilot
Good to see a new thread! Can't believe its the third one I have followed since I applied in 2014.

Just wanted to wish everyone lots of luck - as you already know after going through this last year, its a long road ahead.

I am at MMU if anyone has any questions.

Once again GOOD LUCK one and all :smile:

Hi! Hope your course is going well!! What did they ask you in your interview? I've got a group interview too.. what is this like?
Original post by ellislaura2411
Hi! Hope your course is going well!! What did they ask you in your interview? I've got a group interview too.. what is this like?

Think my interview experience will be a little out of date now - I joined the course in 2014 so a while ago now and I know that most unis have changed things round a bit as far as interviews are concerned.

But try not to worry about it all too much - they are usually quite relaxed and everyone is in the same boat.

Good luck
Does anyone kno the rough start and end dates for the course?? Applying for accommodation tomorrow x

Quick Reply

Latest