The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by h333
Assalaamu Alaykum.

I am unsure about something. If say you are about to get married (or like in the process towards getting married), do you have to tell the other person all about you? Like eg your past fully? I am just confused.

Wa alaikumasalam,

From my knowledge you dont have to tell them about your past as Allah has covered ones sins and one should not expose them.

However if it is non sin related then it is always good to let the other person know about your background etc in order to make the marriage work.
Original post by Leukocyte
BarakAllahu Feeki
Hope you're well sis <3, it's been long.

Alhamdulillah I'm doing great thanks! It's been verrrrrrrrrryyyyyy long - think I'm finally over my TSR addiction :yay:
How've you been? x

Original post by beautifulxxx
Salam alaikum...remember me?😑

Eeerrrrrmmmmm....w-wa'alaikum asalaam......who are you?... :lolwut: :afraid:

Pffftttt ofc silly! How've you been? :hugs:

Sorry I've been a little MIA recently :innocent:

Original post by h333
Agree :smile: hope you are fine sis x

Alhamdulillahhhhh I'm good, jzk khair for asking! How've you been? :h: x
Original post by faith 101
i have a question for all you university students

do you bother going to lectures if you know they're going to be recorded and put online on the university website

i really see no point in going to lectures.

I recommend that you go to most of your lectures. I skipped most of mine in first year and that in turn made me lazy as hell.
Original post by Biryani007
Alhamdulillah I'm doing great thanks! It's been verrrrrrrrrryyyyyy long - think I'm finally over my TSR addiction :yay:
How've you been? x

Lool just checkin you know...missed you❤...have u changed ur number?
Alhamdulilah...dnt ask me why I'm here though I'm still tryna figure it out myself😂😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AbdulALI
no bro I'm retiring soon and will be eating Chawal for the remainder of my days :smile:

Lol.
How've you been? x

Good to hear. Lool that's good.
Alhamdulillah well, thanks.
Original post by h333
Assalaamu Alaykum.

I am unsure about something. If say you are about to get married (or like in the process towards getting married), do you have to tell the other person all about you? Like eg your past fully? I am just confused.

Walaikum salam waRahmatullah.

Anything sin related that has been concealed by Allah swt is an individual's right to keep hidden and must not be shared.
As for general things that will enable the person to know more about his/her spouse is fine.

Hope this helps :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Lool just checkin you know...missed you❤...have u changed ur number?
Alhamdulilah...dnt ask me why I'm here though I'm still tryna figure it out myself😂😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

I missed you too bud! No, sorry I'm just going through one of those phases where I disappear off whatsapp...I'll drop you a text <3
Please, why are you even back? You've been gone for a year m8, why ruin it?! :lol:
More importantly though, why are you awake? It's past your bedtime! :teehee: x
Reply 4108
Original post by IdeasForLife
Wa'alaykumasalaam

It depends on the past. If it's like something haram, I've read that we're meant to hide our sins. Random other stuff should be fine.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by ThatMuslimGuy
Wa alaikumasalam,

From my knowledge you dont have to tell them about your past as Allah has covered ones sins and one should not expose them.

However if it is non sin related then it is always good to let the other person know about your background etc in order to make the marriage work.

Original post by Leukocyte
Walaykum asalaam
You have no obligation to but if you wish to, then that's entirely your decision.

BarakAllahu Feeki.

JZK :smile: more clear now. I feel like I am just adding on lol....but.....say....what if they ask and then you don't want to tell, what is the best way to go about this islamically? So sorry guys for confusing you. Smh me, it is probs something so simple.

How've you been? x

Gooood :awesome: BarakAllahu Feeki <3
I am fine Alhamdulillah :biggrin: JZK.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by ThatMuslimGuy
Wa alaikumasalam,

What if they ask you about something specifically? It's something I've always contemplated :redface:

:hi:

Well done on beating the TSR addiction :lol:
I missed you too bud! No, sorry I'm just going through one of those phases where I disappear off whatsapp...I'll drop you a text <3
Please, why are you even back? You've been gone for a year m8, why ruin it?! :lol:
More importantly though, why are you awake? It's past your bedtime! :teehee: x

No problem in shaa Allah, alright do that we need to catch up!!!
Lol Allahu a'lam, I'm experiencing severe anxiety these days so I think that was partially my motivation to return, I thought some threads might be helpful but meh. It's temporary though I'll leave again soon, alhamdulilah the islamic posts on here are really beneficial though.
I know, I know 1:30!😭 khalas I'm going now.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by h333
JZK :smile: more clear now. I feel like I am just adding on lol....but.....say....what if they ask and then you don't want to tell, what is the best way to go about this islamically? So sorry guys for confusing you. Smh me, it is probs something so simple.

I'm not quite sure. Saying hide your sins to you is quite easy etc... but then putting it into practice would be hard if someone has a spouse who keeps nagging them about an issue. If it's a general thing then I would probably just tell them so they stop annoying me.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by h333
Gooood :awesome: BarakAllahu Feeki <3
I am fine Alhamdulillah :biggrin: JZK.

Good to hear :h: :hugs: x

Original post by Lord Samosa
:hi:

Well done on beating the TSR addiction :lol:

Shush! I have beaten it...this is just erm me erm testing myself? :redface:
I'm disappearing again now dw :lol:

No problem in shaa Allah, alright do that we need to catch up!!!
Lol Allahu a'lam, I'm experiencing severe anxiety these days so I think that was partially my motivation to return, I thought some threads might be helpful but meh. It's temporary though I'll leave again soon, alhamdulilah the islamic posts on here are really beneficial though.
I know, I know 1:30!😭 khalas I'm going now.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh no! I didn't know! Makes me sound so mean now!
Come talk to me instead on private chat (cant keep up with group chats), I'll try take your mind off things! Not gonna lie, TSR is quite good in times like that...but you have me! I'll let you sleep now though, message you in the morning inshaaA...Goodnight <33333
Reply 4114
Original post by IdeasForLife
I'm not quite sure. Saying hide your sins to you is quite easy etc... but then putting it into practice would be hard if someone has a spouse who keeps nagging them about an issue. If it's a general thing then I would probably just tell them so they stop annoying me.

Yeah that's what I was thinking, that must be hard :s-smilie: hence I would not nag, the present matters more kinda thing. Loool but yeah I agree. I feel sorry for some people (mainly females) that go out and find their own spouse....sounds tough.
Good to hear :h: :hugs: x

Shush! I have beaten it...this is just erm me erm testing myself? :redface:
I'm disappearing again now dw :lol:

Oh no! I didn't know! Makes me sound so mean now!
Come talk to me instead on private chat (cant keep up with group chats), I'll try take your mind off things! Not gonna lie, TSR is quite good in times like that...but you have me! I'll let you sleep now though, message you in the morning inshaaA...Goodnight <33333

I was being serious, you haven't posted in ages :lol: I hope you've been well :h::
Original post by h333
Yeah that's what I was thinking, that must be hard :s-smilie: hence I would not nag, the present matters more kinda thing. Loool but yeah I agree. I feel sorry for some people (mainly females) that go out and find their own spouse....sounds tough.

It can be tough but aslong as it's done the halal way then it should be fine.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Lord Samosa
I was being serious, you haven't posted in ages :lol: I hope you've been well :h::

Haha oh! Alhamdulillah been great thanks, how are you? :h:

Oh my god, you're alive? :gasp:

Spoiler

Reply 4119

hello i am muslima nice to meet

Latest