The Student Room Group

Summer 2017 Applications

Scroll to see replies

Any Access to HE students applying to uni?
For those who had their telephone interview for HSBC IBD last week and succeded - did you hear back from them since for the next step?
Is there a benchmark for Morgan Stanley numerical test or they view test score and application together?
Reply 4443
Hi guys any tips for first round interview with Macquarie?
Original post by 786:)
Hi guys any tips for first round interview with Macquarie?

How did u gather the will power to do the 3 hour long tests man? Im gnna hopefully do them tmoro.

Do they screen applications before sending tests btw?
Reply 4445
Original post by gman888
Anyone else got gleacher shacklock interview on the 2nd november?

mine's on the 28th of october...
Original post by gman888
How did u gather the will power to do the 3 hour long tests man? Im gnna hopefully do them tmoro.

Do they screen applications before sending tests btw?

tests are pretty basic, personality questionnaire is the only killer. Yeah they screen apps before sending tests.

I also have an interview - would be grateful for any advice (PM me). I can provide help with a few other firms if anyone is interested
Original post by jcwh
mine's on the 28th of october...

Im talking about the face to face one, not telephone,

2 november is th first day they start.. At least thats what it said in the email i got lol.

Are you prepared for it?
Barclays Trading AC
Original post by Turing
Barclays Trading AC

wjhen did u have your interview
Hi guys,

Do you know if for GS i can apply to both summer and off cycle?

Thanks in advance
Has anyone heard back from Citi since the tests? I haven't had a rejection email but I haven't had an email with anything about a next round...
perella final round
Original post by volatilityskew2
wjhen did u have your interview

Friday
Original post by olly_price
Has anyone heard back from Citi since the tests? I haven't had a rejection email but I haven't had an email with anything about a next round...

got an email saying I had passed test, but that's all
Original post by Turing
Friday

is this for summer or grad? do you know if anyone else has heard back from them post telephone interview?
Original post by wjcd2016
is this for summer or grad? do you know if anyone else has heard back from them post telephone interview?

Summer. No I don't know of anybody, but I guess they will aim to respond within the next week or so.
Reply 4457
Original post by gman888
Im talking about the face to face one, not telephone,

2 november is th first day they start.. At least thats what it said in the email i got lol.

Are you prepared for it?

I'm talking about F2F as well, i did my telephone interview two weeks ago.
I don't know if I'm ready, it seems like it's going to be exceptionally technical from what i've heard.
Original post by _jawed_
Any Access to HE students applying to uni?

Wrong thread, go to uni applicants 2017 thread instead.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Wisefire
Is it unlikely for me to get through to an interview with an investment bank and succeed in some applications for IB jobs with an Access to Higher Education Diploma as my Level 3 qualification, even if with it I have gone on to a good degree at a good university such as Management at Manchester, Business Management at Durham or Information Management for Business at UCL? I'm pretty worried investment banking is closed off for me no matter how much I make the most of my Access course now and from life once I get to hopefully a good university, because I am doing what's probably in reality an inferior pre-degree qualification, an Access course and not A-levels.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Please, please stop asking the same questions that have been answered to you several times before. Focus on getting to uni atm, and not on any of your OTT hypothetical analyses that you tend to do.

I'm not trying to be mean, but honestly you need to just chill.

Cross the application bridge when it comes, for now stop stressing about an outcome you haven't fully set on the path for yet - and you know yourself that the overthinking/analysing is what is holding you back in the first place.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending