The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Lúcio
Difference is that we're 3 points clear after playing some disgusting opening fixtures.

Liverpool's problem hasn't been the big games though, it's dropping silly points in games you should be winning.

Loved Jose calling out Sky Sports in his interview for completing overhyping Liverpool. Put a smile on my face.

I'm happy with a point and a clean sheet, if we had proper wingers we'd have won. Rashford was dire and Young wasn't much better, I hope Martial was only left out as a precaution because we need him & Mkhi for Chelsea.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by samir12
But would of already been 2-0 up by the time Martial & Mkhi came on :P

What kind of logic
Original post by Dirtybit
What kind of logic

Same applies to you, you assumed you would of kept a clean sheet with our first choice midfield players playing for 70 minutes so I'm assuming we would of scored by then.
Original post by SCIENCE :D
Mourinho 1 - 0 Klopp.

I believe the score was 0-0.
Mourinho spends £150 million including £90 million for a central midfielder and he parks the bus and gets one shot on target.
Reply 4084
Original post by sr90
Liverpool's problem hasn't been the big games though, it's dropping silly points in games you should be winning.
Like today I guess.
For me I see that as a good point especially as it was at Anfield.

I was pretty disappointed to see Young and Fellaini starting but they proved me wrong and were outstanding. I think if Zlatan continues like this then I'd like to see Martial/Rashford at CF with the other at LW which would also give more chances to Depay. Also nice to see Rooney giving back some abuse to the crowd, an angry Rooney could be amazing for us :u:

Its something to build from as a loss would have been a disaster so although im not overly pleased i'm not sad like I was after City. I don't think we parked the bus though, that's just Liverpool fans throwing a fit because apparently they would destroy us and yet couldn't even score. Valencia was my MOTM :tongue:
Original post by bammy jastard 27
Like today I guess.

Yup. You need to win your home games.
Original post by Bornblue
I believe the score was 0-0.
Mourinho spends £150 million including £90 million for a central midfielder and he parks the bus and gets one shot on target.

Football is all about momentum, nobody gave United a chance tonight. A Mourinho masterclass brought us through.
Football is all about momentum, nobody gave United a chance tonight. A Mourinho masterclass brought us through.

Drawing a game is never a masterclass, doesn't matter who we're playing

It wasn't a masterclass. It was stick 11 men behind the ball and hope for the best.

It's the same tactics that Stuart Pearce used to use for Man City, the only difference is that its with better players.

United went to Liverpool and had one shot on target. Imagine Ferguson being happy with that.

What did Pogba, the £90 million man do tonight?
Original post by samir12
Same applies to you, you assumed you would of kept a clean sheet with our first choice midfield players playing for 70 minutes so I'm assuming we would of scored by then.

have

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Bornblue
It wasn't a masterclass. It was stick 11 men behind the ball and hope for the best.

It's the same tactics that Stuart Pearce used to use for Man City, the only difference is that its with better players.

United went to Liverpool and had one shot on target. Imagine Ferguson being happy with that.

What did Pogba, the £90 million man do tonight?

Shhhhh little one. an you give not give your United bashing a rest for a week?
Shhhhh little one. an you give not give your United bashing a rest for a week?

It's rather strange to see a United team that's spent £150 million on transfers celebrate a 0-0 draw after having one shot on target.
Remember all those times you said Mourinho was anti-football? Now you have to defend that.

Hypocrites.
We got the first piece of the puzzle right, we can defend against teams which apparently play amazing football. Once we get the hang of the counter attack then we'll start winning games :smile:

You're basically just an expensive version of West Brom...
Original post by SirAlexFerguson
We got the first piece of the puzzle right, we can defend against teams which apparently play amazing football. Once we get the hang of the counter attack then we'll start winning games :smile:

You can put 11 men behind the ball and repel an attack? Jesus Christ you spent your money well...
Original post by Lúcio
You can put 11 men behind the ball and repel an attack? Jesus Christ you spent your money well...

Stop being butthurt...

and actually we did spend our money well, 25m for Bailey is a steal considering Luiz went for 50m then 32m, 26m for Mickey is a good price for an excellent player, Ibra on a free is a win win and Pogba for 89m is a lot of money for a brand and a quality player who is adapting to the league.

and you, as a liverpool fan, can hardly mention money because if we start speaking about Liverpools transfer business you'll end up going back to the hole you came from...

Also shout out to Blind for his Steven Gerrard tribute :u:
rekt.

r.i.p. lucia
Original post by SirAlexFerguson
Stop being butthurt...

and actually we did spend our money well, 25m for Bailey is a steal considering Luiz went for 50m then 32m, 26m for Mickey is a good price for an excellent player, Ibra on a free is a win win and Pogba for 89m is a lot of money for a brand and a quality player who is adapting to the league.

and you, as a liverpool fan, can hardly mention money because if we start speaking about Liverpools transfer business you'll end up going back to the hole you came from...

Also shout out to Blind for his Steven Gerrard tribute :u:

Butthurt because we're 3 points clear of you after a significantly harder fixture list? :smile:

Can't judge Bailly* (please learn to spell) yet - he's looking good but we all know how things can go up and down, especially for defenders.

Please don't say Mkhitaryan* (seriously with the spelling) was good business. Just don't.

89m for a player you realised on a free. Top notch!

What are you on about? Our transfer business in recent years has been exceptional, both buying and selling.
Clyne and Firmino were two of our best players last season, with Lovren and Lallana both showing why we paid the money we did for them.
Even poor transfers like Benteke were sold with no loss, in addition to letting fringe players like Allen and Ibe go for respectable fees.

In summary, don't reference the transfers of a team when you clearly have no idea what you're talking about...

Latest